Lucky find-1959 SU Football DVD | Syracusefan.com

Lucky find-1959 SU Football DVD

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Was at the SU thrift store the other day. While rummaging through their DVD's I came upon a brand new, in the wrapper DVD entitled, "Syracuse Football 1959 Undefeated National Champions"

It's 65 minutes running time, features highlights and original game footage.

Cost: $2.99

Can't wait to watch it.

I never knew there was such an item.

I'm trustworthy...send it to me and I'll make copies (free) for anybody on the board who wants one.
I suspect that piracy (theft) is not condoned by this board.

You're probably right. but theft looks to be alive and well on Abebooks.com . $63 for a CD/DVD delivered?

Those damn pirates!!!! It would be a good idea just to make 100 or so "personal" copies, just in case the original were to get scratched or lost. ;)

Probably better to find the publisher and indicate that they could sell 100+ copies without advertising if they offered it here for $19.99-$24.99.

i got a glass off ebay from the 59 championship

If you've been on the board for any length of time you have probably already heard this story if not I think it's pretty cool.

My wife and I went to Cape Cod for our honeymoon and had a furnished cabin next to the ocean. When I went to the cupboard to get a glass...lo & behold...sitting there, staring right back at my eyeballs was a beautiful 1959 Syracuse National Championship glass.

Needless to say, that iconic piece of memorabilia made it's way back to it's rightful home here in Central New York. Presently it is filled with Orange & Blue peanut M&M's.

Several years ago I spotted several of these glasses on eBay and notified CTO & Tomcat. I believe that one or both of them secured those great glasses.

If you've been on the board for any length of time you have probably already heard this story if not I think it's pretty cool.

My wife and I went to Cape Cod for our honeymoon and had a furnished cabin next to the ocean. When I went to the cupboard to get a glass...lo & behold...sitting there, staring right back at my eyeballs was a beautiful 1959 Syracuse National Championship glass.

Needless to say, that iconic piece of memorabilia made it's way back to it's rightful home here in Central New York. Presently it is filled with Orange & Blue peanut M&M's.

Several years ago I spotted several of these glasses on eBay and notified CTO & Tomcat. I believe that one or both of them secured those great glasses.
Good find. My wife gave me one of these for my birthday last year

It's not like you can buy this new anywhere, I'll wager.

It's not like you can buy this new anywhere, I'll wager.
Back in 2008 I had conversations with a rep from Libbey's about having them put out a 50th anniversary commemorative glass based on the original. They were very interested in doing it. I guess I forgot to stay in touch. Nothing ever gets done without persistence and follow ups.