Luke Winn: Syracuse 7th best team left | Syracusefan.com

Luke Winn: Syracuse 7th best team left

Love Luke, but we can't be lower than 5th. Not by my eye. So he's only off by a couple I guess

Love Luke, but we can't be lower than 5th. Not by my eye. So he's only off by a couple I guess

Is this guy a Wisconsin homer? Take SU out of the question because we are biased. Wisconsin IMO isn't any higher than 10th tops out of the other 15 teams.

i suppose thats right, save wisconsin.

it could be argued that unc should drop and that SU is better than ku too.

guess thats why they invented scoreboards...

Oh Lord

Luke is way off...no way MSU is the 2nd best team left or that O$U or Kansas should be rated ahead of us.

If every team plays as well as possible, the only team that concerns me (talent wise) is Kentucky.

I bet if we play Ohio State on Saturday, we'll be a slight dog. That isn't the end all be all, of course, and we're like 4 point favorites over Wisconsin, so based on that, we should be ahead of them.

Interesting note in the article about how many iso's Jordan Taylor runs. That kind of makes sense based on what I have seen; there are a lot of possessions that end with him dribbling the ball at the top of the key and bombing a 3.

Jeff King from ESPN had us 8th. He also had UNC 5th. Wisconsin near the bottom. This stuff has no bearing on the game, but if you're going to knock us down because of Melo, then the same logic should be applied to UNC without Marshall.

Jeff King from ESPN had us 8th. He also had UNC 5th. Wisconsin near the bottom. This stuff has no bearing on the game, but if you're going to knock us down because of Melo, then the same logic should be applied to UNC without Marshall.

Their argument is probably that they would've had UNC 2nd with Marshall, so they are knocking them down.

I dunno, its only one player, but he is so important to what they do and they don't have a backup.

Correct. We will be around +3 vs. tOSU if we play Saturday.

It's funny how even Pomeroy and Vegas seem to admit that Wisconsin breaks their system. Usually the line is pretty close to Pomeroy's projected line. Pomeroy is projecting Wisconsin -1, and probably should be another point or two int heir favor since it is using our full season (Melo) rating, and Vegas is like SU -4 or something.

It's funny how even Pomeroy and Vegas seem to admit that Wisconsin breaks their system. Usually the line is pretty close to Pomeroy's projected line. Pomeroy is projecting Wisconsin -1, and probably should be another point or two int heir favor since it is using our full season (Melo) rating, and Vegas is like SU -4 or something.

Yup. Sagarin has SU only -1, but current Vegas line is -3.5

All these guys like to get their name in print by putting out controversial predictions. When they are right, they are quick to point it out so they can get more exposure. When they are wrong, they seem to disappear and never mention it again.

I bet if we play Ohio State on Saturday, we'll be a slight dog. That isn't the end all be all, of course, and we're like 4 point favorites over Wisconsin, so based on that, we should be ahead of them.

Interesting note in the article about how many iso's Jordan Taylor runs. That kind of makes sense based on what I have seen; there are a lot of possessions that end with him dribbling the ball at the top of the key and bombing a 3.
Scoop has absolutely GOT to concentrate on D. I know we do zone but a real effort needs to be made on Jordan Taylor. I am hoping JB is making this real clear who runs the Whisky O. Make that guys life miserable. Fire out fresh bodies on him and stay in front.

I noticed that too, and that is good for us because that won't fly against the zone

Scoop has absolutely GOT to concentrate on D. I know we do zone but a real effort needs to be made on Jordan Taylor. I am hoping JB is making this real clear who runs the Whisky O. Make that guys life miserable. Fire out fresh bodies on him and stay in front.
yea hopefully they know who Jordan Taylor is, lol

Do we see MCW tonight? he may be useful defending the 3 pt line..

Luke is very kind to the B1G. I can see MSU being #2 especially with the situation at UNC. But OSU, Wiscy and IU are all a bit high imo even though I think OSU and Wiscy have a decent shot to make it to the Final 8. I think SU has a better chance than Wiscy.

yea hopefully they know who Jordan Taylor is, lol
It's not so much knowing what to do but having the focus and energy to execute. Scoop has been known for lapses in focus. This cannot be tolerated today. If it happens I hope JB gives him the quick hook to drive home the message.

I thought Scoops defense of the UNCA runts was terrible. He let the guard dribble drive around him which set up many bad things for SU because it forced Defensive help from other areas.

It would be a good bet that Wisky will initiate many of their offensive sets by having Jordan take Scoop off the dribble, and see where the help comes from. If Scoop can make that initial drive difficult the whole offensive plan could suffer.

All these guys like to get their name in print by putting out controversial predictions. When they are right, they are quick to point it out so they can get more exposure. When they are wrong, they seem to disappear and never mention it again.

Don't think this is a fair criticism of Luke Winn. I'm a big fan of his.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just like Kansas State was going to beat Syracuse, and Vanderbilt was almost guaranteed an elite-8 appearance. Oh, and Florida State might win the whole bracket. What an elite-8 game Florida State/Vandy would be. It's meaningless. Prove them wrong, and break two hexes at the same time (sweet-16 and Big-10 in the tourny)

Don't think this is a fair criticism of Luke Winn. I'm a big fan of his.

That's fine. If he is wrong, post the link where he explains in as much detail, how wrong he was.

That's fine. If he is wrong, post the link where he explains in as much detail, how wrong he was.

You mean if SU wins? Will you post the link of his where he crows about how right he was if Wisconsin wins?

He's got Wisconsin one spot ahead of SU in his power rankings. You're acting like he is making this really controversial statement just to get attention.

You mean if SU wins? Will you post the link of his where he crows about how right he was if Wisconsin wins?

He's got Wisconsin one spot ahead of SU in his power rankings. You're acting like he is making this really controversial statement just to get attention.

Yes, that's what it is. I think he knows that saying SU is the 7th best team in the 16 is controversial...especially to SU fans. Heck, if he said the #2 team in the country was e.g. the second best team in the 16, who would care?

If Wisconsin wins, I'll be heavily sedated for a week so I'll let you post his crowing comments.

I don't think he's going to crow if they win, that's my point. That's his opinion, it may be right, it may be wrong. But I don't think he's just doing it to get a reaction out of some SU fans.

I think he knows that saying SU is the 7th best team in the 16 is controversial...especially to SU fans.

You literally can't do a power ranking that isn't going to be controversial to some set of fans, unless you put everyone in a tie for first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom