Lunardi’s latest Brackackackackackackack you oughtta know by now | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi’s latest Brackackackackackackack you oughtta know by now

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
SU a 3 seed in Buffalo (Indianapolis region). Bleh.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

images

How about an 8-loss Kansas team as a 2?

We need to do well in the ACCT.

But in the Midwest...hence no MSG. I have to stop lookinng at these Bracketology links and just wait to Sunday selection.

An 8 loss, Embiid-less Kansas does not deserve that high of a seed. So ridiculous.

Lunardi is high. I really have no idea what he's thinking and don't want to.

But in the Midwest...hence no MSG. I have to stop lookinng at these Bracketology links and just wait to Sunday selection.

When have we ever been surprised in a positive way on Selection Sunday? Our team will be raking in the frequent flyer miles this March.

If we make the finals, we are a 2. No doubt in my mind.

I posted this in its own thread, but will post here as well:

Can someone please explain this to me? I just do not get how Syracuse is being equated with the following teams:

Syracuse:
27-4
Notable wins: Duke, UNC, Pitt x2, Nova,
Losses: @Duke, BC, @virginia (no grant), Ga Tech (no grant)

Kansas:
23-8
Notable wins: Duke, ISU x2, Texas, K-state
Losses: Nova, @Colorado, @FL, SDSU, @Texas, @KSU, @OK ST, @WVU (no Embiid)

Michigan:
23-7
Notable wins: Wisconsin, Iowa, MSU x 2, Ohio St
Losses: ISU, Charlotte, Duke, Arizona, @Indiana, IOWA, Wisconsin,

Villanova:
28-3
Notable wins: Kansas, Iowa
Losses: SU, Creighton x2

Virginia:
25-6
Notable wins: UNC, Syracuse
Losses: VCU, Wisconsin, @Green Bay, Tennessee, @Duke, @MD

Duke:
24-7
Notable wins: Mich, UVA, Syracuse, UNC, Pitt,
Losses: Kansas, Zona, @ND, Clemson, syracuse, @UNC, @WF

All have 2+ more losses besides Villanova, which only has 2 good wins. Also, they lost to Cuse by about 20 pts. And don't give me the RPI, SOS crap as the games not listed above were all basically against cannon fodder. What's really the difference between a team ranked 90 on the RPI and a team ranked 150? They both stink.

The only way we are not a 2 seed is if the last 10 games are still a factor. We have been told over and over again that the last 10 games are not a factor. So how can you justify, as of now, which is how Lunardi does his brackets, that a 7 loss Duke team has a better resume than a four loss SU team?

What's really the difference between a team ranked 90 on the RPI and a team ranked 150? They both stink.

I agree with the general sentiment of your post, but there's definitely a difference between teams around 90 RPI and teams down below 150. Teams around 90 (e.g. West Virginia, Maryland, Indiana, etc.) are still dangerous and can beat anyone on any given night. But down in the 150 range it's teams like Northwestern, Depaul and BC (gulp) who generally aren't good at all.

Can someone please explain this to me? I just do not get how Syracuse is being equated with the following teams:

Syracuse:
27-4

BC was an overtime victory with BC shooting 50% from 3. I think people are making the BC loss to mean more than how well BC played on that day. The no-Grant losses speak for themselves. With Grant playing well this team is terrific!

Two bad losses are really gonna hurt us. Those 2 losses are probably worth an extra loss; if that makes any sense to anyone else.

Duke being seeded over us; well it doesn't matter right now in the sense that there is still a weekend to play and we're very likely to play again. But I would be hard pressed to put Duke over us right now

Syracuse:
27-4

Kansas:
23-8
Notable wins: Duke, ISU x2, Texas, K-state
Losses: Nova, @Colorado, @FL, SDSU, @Texas, @KSU, @OK ST, @WVU (no Embiid)

Michigan:
23-7
Notable wins: Wisconsin, Iowa, MSU x 2, Ohio St
Losses: ISU, Charlotte, Duke, Arizona, @Indiana, IOWA, Wisconsin,

Villanova:
28-3
Notable wins: Kansas, Iowa
Losses: SU, Creighton x2

Virginia:
25-6
Notable wins: UNC, Syracuse
Losses: VCU, Wisconsin, @Green Bay, Tennessee, @Duke, @MD

Duke:
24-7
Notable wins: Mich, UVA, Syracuse, UNC, Pitt,
Losses: Kansas, Zona, @ND, Clemson, syracuse, @UNC, @WF

All have 2+ more losses besides Villanova, which only has 2 good wins. Also, they lost to Cuse by about 20 pts. And don't give me the RPI, SOS crap as the games not listed above were all basically against cannon fodder. What's really the difference between a team ranked 90 on the RPI and a team ranked 150? They both stink.
Villanova deserves credit for sweeping PC, Xavier, St. John's all of whom are NCAA teams or bubble teams. If Pitt is a resume win all of those teams are resume wins as well. Also, Virginia has a win over a good SMU-N as well.

I think he just writes these things off the RPI right now. He's not spending much time on the top seeds cause he knows they will change soon anyway. Right now he's probably focusing his attention on the bubble and which side of it teams are on. That's the only explanation I can fathom right now.

Right now if I was voting my top 12 would look like this.
1. Florida
2. Arizona
3. Villanova
4. Wichita State
5. Wisconsin
6. Syracuse
7. Kansas
8. Michigan
9. Virginia
10. Duke
11. Iowa State
12. Creighton

Villanova deserves credit for sweeping PC, Xavier, St. John's all of whom are NCAA teams or bubble teams. If Pitt is a resume win all of those teams are resume wins as well. Also, Virginia has a win over a good SMU-N as well.
The only reason PC and STJ are bubble teams is because of the break up of the old Big East. If they had to play Louisville, Cincy, UConn, SU and Pitt they would be on the NIT bubble. The NBE is a nice league that allows all those teams to be competitive with one another. Outside of Nova this year they are all overrated because they aren't taking their usual beatings from the old top teams.

The only reason PC and STJ are bubble teams is because of the break up of the old Big East. If they had to play Louisville, Cincy, UConn, SU and Pitt they would be on the NIT bubble. The NBE is a nice league that allows all those teams to be competitive with one another. Outside of Nova this year they are all overrated because they aren't taking their usual beatings from the old top teams.
I agree about PC their resume is rather weak, but St. John's talent on their team makes them a bubble team even in the old BE. Lavin recruited a lot of talent and their front court has several good college players. I think Xavier and St. John's have a chance in the old Big East and Providence not so much.

We beat Duke on Saturday, the MSG spot is back to us IMO. Don't want to get ahead of myself. We still have to win Friday. As others say, we control our own destiny at this point.