Lunardi’s latest Brackackackackackackack you oughtta know by now | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi’s latest Brackackackackackackack you oughtta know by now

I thought there was conversation last year about giving credit to teams who pick up important non-conf wins. We thought we had 4-5 of those and it turned out to be really just 1. With that said, UVA and Michigan failed to get anything in the non-conf. Duke got only 1 and KU got only 1. Both those teams had more opportunities than SU to pick those up as did Michigan who didnt get 1. UVA has some bad non conf losses. If we win the ACCT, factor in the injury to grant during two of our losses and there is no way we don't get a 1 in the east considering we beat NOVA head to head. As of right now resume wise Nova gets the 1 in the east with us as the 2. I don't see an argument otherwise with wisky dropping to nebraska last night.

SU a 3 seed in Buffalo (Indianapolis region). Bleh.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

images

He appears to be oblivious to the special considerations for injuries the committee is obliged to take into consideration. As usual, his bracket will be a bizarre mess full of mistakes until a few hours before the Selection Show, when he will make a lot of changes based on Palm's bracket to save himself from complete embarrassment.

He appears to be oblivious to the special considerations for injuries the committee is obliged to take into consideration. As usual, his bracket will be a bizarre mess full of mistakes until a few hours before the Selection Show, when he will make a lot of changes based on Palm's bracket to save himself from complete embarrassment.
Lunardi usually gets the selected teams correct but his seeding and geographic placement are always way off. His thought process is mind boggling.

The one thing to keep in kind is that Lunardi's good at picking the field of 68 teams (but at this point who isn't). He's generally pretty awful at getting the actual seeds right.

This right here. Calm down people and remember that Virginia, Duke, Kansas, Wisci, MSU all lost this weekend. If They deside to give Nova a team we destroyed the 1 over us as a 2 in the east who freakin cares that's a great draw. This is how it is right now. We split with Duke they have 7 losses we are ahead of them. Virginia messed up plenty OOC and now has 6 losses I believe after losing to Maryland and would have to pretty much win the ACCT while we bounced on Saturday to move us out of the East when they can be a 2 or 3 in the South just as easily. Ship Duke out west and give them a 2 if they are a 2 they are one of the last ones.

South: Florida all but a lock.
Midest: Witchita State is a lock.
West: Arizona all but a lock.
East: SU and Nova a coin flip for 1&2 but both in the lead over anyone else right now.

lunardi was on a radio show early last week before we lost to georgia tech. he was asked why he basically flip flopped kansas and cuse making kansas a 1 and cuse a 2 since they both lost the week before. he said something like "yes kansas lost but they looked better." how can he have any credability saying crap like that? margin of victory doesnt mean anything in college hoops.

lunardi was on a radio show early last week before we lost to georgia tech. he was asked why he basically flip flopped kansas and cuse making kansas a 1 and cuse a 2 since they both lost the week before. he said something like "yes kansas lost but they looked better." how can he have any credability saying crap like that? margin of victory doesnt mean anything in college hoops.

Really? You aren't supposed to rank teams based on how well they play? He's saying that Kansas is playing better than Syracuse. There isn't anything wrong with that if that's his opinion.

I don't care that Duke is ahead of us. We have a chance to settle that one this week.

Having Nova so far ahead, along with Michigan and Kansas, and perhaps even Wisconsin, is just absurd. Kansas should be a 4 seed at this point. If Embiid doesn't play this week, why should they get any benefit of the doubt going forward, along with their 8/9 losses?

Michigan that high just proves that Lunardi thinks the last 10-15 games matter more. They have a bad loss to Charlotte and have one OOC win that could be considered good in Stanford. Florida St is their only other relevant OOC win. YIKES.

SU losses a few games, albeit 2 really poor losses in there, and they sink like a rock. If we can have a pretty good showing this weekend, we'll see how the committee actually seeds us. They can prove once and for all if Last 10 still matters.

Personally, I believe that people overrate the adjustments cmmittee's make for injuries. It's a consideraton they could make... but its one they would prefer not to play the what if game. I really don't remember any real adjustments being made for injuries in a number of years - seeds or teams getting in. I don't remember any team being moved from a #1, or moved up from #2 (based on W/L) because of an injury in a number of years.

The one exception being Kenyon Martin of Cincy, the National Player of the Year in 2000. Cincy was dropped from a 1 to a 2 only because of that.

With all due respect to Jerami Grant or other players who were injured over the years, they are not the NPOY.

Last edited:
Not to make excuses, I'm not. We should have beaten Georgia Tech. My question is though, as it appears to me, is that people are saying that the only reason Kansas lost was because one of their best players was out. That is all I am hearing. Not a peep about Grant missing Georgia Tech game, except from the Tech coach himself. Maybe I'm not being objective, but that is my impression. Always seems that they give others the benefit of the doubt before us.

Not to make excuses, I'm not. We should have beaten Georgia Tech. My question is though, as it appears to me, is that people are saying that the only reason Kansas lost was because one of their best players was out. That is all I am hearing. Not a peep about Grant missing Georgia Tech game, except from the Tech coach himself. Maybe I'm not being objective, but that is my impression. Always seems that they give others the benefit of the doubt before us.

IMO, the committee will ignore both injuries.

Syracuse lost Georgia Tech and Virginia
Kansas lost to West Virginia and Oklahoma St

Purely assess the W/L's and do nothing else. Not much evidence that they play the "what if" game recently.

I definitely do not agree with Lunardi. There’s no way in hell that at this moment the Cuse is a 3 seed in the Midwest. If the committee put their bracket out TODAY, we would definitely be 2 EAST. Just Like Palm says.

Lunardi is a piece of garbage. He did a similar thing this weekend that he did last weekend. Remember, he elevated Kansas to the East 1 seed and then they lost to Okie State. But he stubbornly held KU there anyway.

Well, this weekend or Friday, he elevated Virginia to East 2. And then they lost to the Terps. So what’s he do? He grabs the Blue Devils and puts them there even though they just had that bad loss to Wake that is not made up for by the home win over Carolina. He is out of his mind.

Could we end up a 3 and get screwed? Sure, if we lost Friday. And, could we end up a 2 and still not get East? Maybe, if we lost Saturday and then Duke won the ACC. Probably in fact.

But as of today, no way is that the case. Today, at this moment, we are sitting on the 2 line in the East. I’m 100 percent convinced of that.

Besides, if we get shipped, I’ve always thought it would be to the West and not Midwest anyway. So Lunardi is wrong there too.

I definitely do not agree with Lunardi. There’s no way in hell that at this moment the Cuse is a 3 seed in the Midwest. If the committee put their bracket out TODAY, we would definitely be 2 EAST. Just Like Palm says.

Lunardi is a piece of garbage. He did a similar thing this weekend that he did last weekend. Remember, he elevated Kansas to the East 1 seed and then they lost to Okie State. But he stubbornly held KU there anyway.

Well, this weekend or Friday, he elevated Virginia to East 2. And then they lost to the Terps. So what’s he do? He grabs the Blue Devils and puts them there even though they just had that bad loss to Wake that is not made up for by the home win over Carolina. He is out of his mind.

Could we end up a 3 and get screwed? Sure, if we lost Friday. And, could we end up a 2 and still not get East? Maybe, if we lost Saturday and then Duke won the ACC. Probably in fact.

But as of today, no way is that the case. Today, at this moment, we are sitting on the 2 line in the East. I’m 100 percent convinced of that.

Besides, if we get shipped, I’ve always thought it would be to the West and not Midwest anyway. So Lunardi is wrong there too.
That's the thing. Lunardi always says he does the brackets "as of right now." Well, "as of right now", there is no way, Duke has a better resume than SU.

This team essentially won at Duke. I am not that worried about them being shipped somewhere other than the east. Although, the East would be nice.

That one is outdated. The current one has SU in Buffalo and Anaheim.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...ncaa-basketball-syracuse-duke-nebraska-bubble
I love how "Duke joins the two line after Virginia was stunned by Maryland". What about the fact that Duke was stunned by Wake Forest last week? I love how Duke jumps Virginia when both Duke and Virginia lost.

I also love how he has Duke ahead of us but says if we beat Duke on Saturday we may get consideration for a one seed but doesn't say that for Duke. If we are still in consideration for a one seed and Duke is not, then by definition we are ahead of Duke as of now. Then how is Duke a 2 now and we are a 3?

Right now if I was voting my top 12 would look like this.
1. Florida
2. Arizona
3. Villanova
4. Wichita State
5. Wisconsin
6. Syracuse
7. Kansas
8. Michigan
9. Virginia
10. Duke
11. Iowa State
12. Creighton

mine looks similar but a few differences:
1- Florida
2- Arizona
3- Wichita ( undefeated)
4- Villanova
5- Kansas
6- Wisconsin
7- Syracuse
8- Michigan
9- Creighton
10-Virginia
11- Duke
12- Iowa State

but teams 4-7 are really tight

current top 4 by region:

south:
1- Florida
2- Wisconsin
3- Virginia
4- Louisville

West:
1- Arizona
2- Michigan
3- Iowa St
4- UNC

Midwest:
1- Wichitast
2- Kansas
3- Duke
4- Michigan St

East:
1- Villanova
2- Syracuse
3- Creighton
4- Cincinnati

current top 4 by region:

south:
1- Florida
2- Wisconsin
3- Virginia
4- Louisville

West:
1- Arizona
2- Michigan
3- Creighton
4- UNC

Midwest:
1- Wichita st
2- Kansas
3- Duke
4- Michigan St

East:
1- Villanova
2- Syracuse
3- Iowa St
4- Cincinnati

adjusted for Creighton error

Last edited:
F
current top 4 by region:

south:
1- Florida
2- Wisconsin
3- Virginia
4- Louisville

West:
1- Arizona
2- Michigan
3- Iowa St
4- UNC

Midwest:
1- Wichita st
2- Kansas
3- Duke
4- Michigan St

East:
1- Villanova
2- Syracuse
3- Creighton
4- Cincinnati
flip Creighton and Iowa State because the Blue Jays can't be in Villanova's region.