Lunardi Has 'Cuse... | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi Has 'Cuse...

cuse522

2nd String
Before last night's game, he had us in as a 12 seed. So I checked the 12 lines, nope... I checked the 11 lines, nope...

7 Minnesota
10 Syracuse

2 Baylor
15 Florida Gulf Coast

That's in Tulsa. At this point, obviously we're just thrilled to be in, but I'd rather not be an 8/9. Also, we're not in the Last Four Byes either... He has us ahead of at least two other 10-seeds, even.

I'll still feel a lot better if we handle our business against Georgia Tech.

Wonder where we'll be after winning the ACC tournament paired with another top 10 win at the Yum.

Before last night's game, he had us in as a 12 seed. So I checked the 12 lines, nope... I checked the 11 lines, nope...

7 Minnesota
10 Syracuse

2 Baylor
15 Florida Gulf Coast

That's in Tulsa. At this point, obviously we're just thrilled to be in, but I'd rather not be an 8/9. Also, we're not in the Last Four Byes either... He has us ahead of at least two other 10-seeds, even.

I'll still feel a lot better if we handle our business against Georgia Tech.
Cake walk

Jerry Palm update today. Moved SU from last 4 out to last team in. In play-in game vs. TCU for a #11 seed. Palm continues to dislike SU because of lack of road wins. Apparently home wins against top 10 teams don't count for Palm. He thinks road wins against sub 100 teams are more important.

Jerry Palm update today. Moved SU from last 4 out to last team in. In play-in game vs. TCU for a #11 seed. Palm continues to dislike SU because of lack of road wins. Apparently home wins against top 10 teams don't count for Palm. He thinks road wins against sub 100 teams are more important.

Does a win vs Duke help more than losses to 4-12 Pitt or 2-14 BC hurt?

:noidea:

He has a point. We have two wins away from the Dome. TCU with Dixon...there's some humor there.

Just need to beat GT and win one in Brooklyn.

Does a win vs Duke help more than losses to 4-12 Pitt or 2-14 BC hurt?

:noidea:

I feel like good wins have counted more than bad losses for the committee lately. Bilas's "who did you play, who did you beat" seems to be taking priority. We are going to be in a big group of ugly resumes by season's end, and our big wins (even if they are at home) are going to push us to the top of that pile.

i would lean more towards palm at the moment, i think we're closer to last team in than a 10 seed

He had us as the last team in last night, not sure how teams like Kansas St and Tcu are ahead of us.

It's a fair critique, but having teams like Cal, who's beaten absolutely nobody and only has 3 road wins (2 are atrocious bottom feeders in Oregon St and AZ St), Arkansas and even Michigan State ahead of us is wrong.

giphy.gif

I feel like good wins have counted more than bad losses for the committee lately. Bilas's "who did you play, who did you beat" seems to be taking priority. We are going to be in a big group of ugly resumes by season's end, and our big wins (even if they are at home) are going to push us to the top of that pile.
And that makes some sense in that, all else being relatively equal, why exclude a team which has shown themselves capable of beating top teams?

Duke's top 10 and they have exactly 1 more road win than us.

JB wasn't too kind to Joe last night. threw a little snark his way.

i would lean more towards palm at the moment, i think we're closer to last team in than a 10 seed
I tend to agree with the person who has Syracuse higher but with the caveat that I never agree with Lunardi because he is a clown and tool. So I guess I agree with no one.

I'm not sure what our seed it going to be but I'm pretty sure we will play TCU.

It's a fair critique, but having teams like Cal, who's beaten absolutely nobody and only has 3 road wins (2 are atrocious bottom feeders in Oregon St and AZ St), Arkansas and even Michigan State ahead of us is wrong.

yep, we have 6 Top 50 wins, that is a lot more than most of these other iffy teams . We beat Ga Tech, we should be in good shape.

It's going to be interesting to see how the committee handles us if we have at least 11 ACC wins combined with the ACC tournament because we are nowhere near the same team now as we were in December.

If I could pick an elite team to be in their pod I want Baylor as they gag a lot in the tournament.
They could be Michigan State 2.0.

For you and jncuse

I know each year is different but curious how this year stacks to last. Last year beating uconn, Texas am, and Duke were big. What was our top 50 record?

For you and jncuse

I know each year is different but curious how this year stacks to last. Last year beating uconn, Texas am, and Duke were big. What was our top 50 record?
Last year had way more wins on the road which is why I knew we were a lock.
We are making it this year with one more win.
As this year's bubble is worse than last year's.
Last year we had wins away from home against UConn, Texas A&M, and at Duke.
That Duke win was 24'karot gold for our resume.

This year we only have wins on the road against NC State Clemson but JB played on the road at Wisconsin and SC in Barclays UConn at MSG the committee will see attempted to schedule difficulty and though we lost will get credit for it.
Playing road games in the non conference should be a must as the win is gold and the loss isn't a killer 9/10 times.
We need to beat Georgia Tech and we are in. Louisville pushes us into 8-9 seed range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom