Lunardi Has 'Cuse... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi Has 'Cuse...

I think probably the biggest difference(s) between last year and this year in terms of the bubble is that the pac10 and a10 both had a bunch of teams worthy of consideration - this year no... that's keeping more less-deserving teams in the conversation this year - teams like Illinois, Vandy, Pitt, etc that normally wouldn't get a sniff...
this year's SU resume when applied to last year's bubble would probably come up well short

Jerry Palm update today. Moved SU from last 4 out to last team in. In play-in game vs. TCU for a #11 seed. Palm continues to dislike SU because of lack of road wins. Apparently home wins against top 10 teams don't count for Palm. He thinks road wins against sub 100 teams are more important.

In his defense, we are a team that loses 3, then beats a top 10 team at home. We are neurotic. Our bad losses are just as big as our big wins. Hope we get in, but to do so we have to go 1-1 in the next 2.

yep, we have 6 Top 50 wins, that is a lot more than most of these other iffy teams . We beat Ga Tech, we should be in good shape.

I agree, Michigan state has 1 win on the road which is bs. Izzo is a tourney committee darling and it drives me nuts.

espn had a graphic of things the committee looks at.. i didnt see anywhere bad losses was even a factor.

Last year had way more wins on the road which is why I knew we were a lock.
We are making it this year with one more win.
As this year's bubble is worse than last year's.
Last year we had wins away from home against UConn, Texas A&M, and at Duke.
That Duke win was 24'karot gold for our resume.

This year we only have wins on the road against NC State Clemson but JB played on the road at Wisconsin and SC in Barclays UConn at MSG the committee will see attempted to schedule difficulty and though we lost will get credit for it.
Playing road games in the non conference should be a must as the win is gold and the loss isn't a killer 9/10 times.
We need to beat Georgia Tech and we are in. Louisville pushes us into 8-9 seed range.

I agree with everything you say except one thing. I am afraid to state that we are in with one more win... maybe more likely than not, but we are still exposed to committee inconsistency / tough judgments with only one more win.

Things have shifted... since January I thought some were expecting us to do more than was needed. Now I find myself cautioning the epposite... one win could well be enough, but I am not guaranteeing it.

I agree with everything you say except one thing. I am afraid to state that we are in with one more win... maybe more likely than not, but we are still exposed to committee inconsistency / tough judgments with only one more win.
Yup. RPI is still a thing this year... 78
(But we're in, right right!?!?!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom