Lunardi: Nova still a #1 seed | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi: Nova still a #1 seed

I don't see how Duke, 'Cuse, or Virginia aren't a #1 seed if any of the three win the ACC tournament. If history has taught us anything, they are VERY kind to the ACC tournament champs come selection Sunday. I can't fathom how they could give either Nova or Kansas a #1 over any of the aforementioned ACC teams.

Lets just say if a team wins the ACC tournament, and finishes the season prior to the NCAA tournament with a 30-4 record, that team will be a 1 seed, and that would be SU.

He probably stopped watching the Nova game too soon - maybe he doesn't even know they lost yet. :crazy:

Ghost said:
He probably stopped watching the Nova game too soon - maybe he doesn't even know they lost yet. :crazy:

Can I tell him?

They are not that far off #4 "as of now". I have them as #6, not that far behind Wisconsin and Syracuse. So #4 is just a little off, but not totally wacky.

Problem is that 6 teams are still chasing that #1 that are still playing (have not started playing). so obviously they will be caught.

Problem for Villanova is that once you get past the good wins down at Atlantis four months ago there isn't much to get excited about. No way on earth they should be a #1 seed.

He basically said he's just waiting to see who to put there instead. I also heard him say that Duke, Syracuse and UVA have a chance at it if they win the ACCT.

Dick Vitale ‏@DickieV 1m
If committee studies Cuse losses they happened with Grant hurt-if they win ACC they should be STRONG CONTENDER 4 a #1 seed

I get the feeling that Lunardi is just being defiant to tick off people on twitter. There is no possible way that Nova gets a one seed, I think he even realizes that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom