Lunardi still has SU in Buffalo | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi still has SU in Buffalo

sabach

All American
and MSG. UConn did this a few years ago by back dooring into what resulted in a protected seed treatment. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to get a 9 seed in Buffalo with a trip to the Garden if we advance.

Bracketology with Joe Lunardi

Where does he have Monmouth? That's what everyone wants to know?

Man would that be a stacked regional - Villanova, UK, Louisville, and Wisc top 4 seeds, and Oregon a 6.

when the board has us a 4 seed, hes got us out.

when the board has us out, hes got us in.

Man, I just don't understand how anyone can have us in the field right now, but fair enough I'll take it.

Man, I just don't understand how anyone can have us in the field right now, but fair enough I'll take it.
We're not even on the bubble in his eyes. I will take it.

I just don't understand how the University hasn't folded the program yet after losing 3 games already!

So that means we are out, wake me when he can get it right on selection sunday, his 15 minutes are over.

I know he claims he's doing it as a snapshot if the season ended today type deal, but there's simply no way we have one of the 35 best resumes in the country or whatever it is.

I know he claims he's doing it as a snapshot if the season ended today type deal, but there's simply no way we have one of the 35 best resumes in the country or whatever it is.

It's the problem with most "as of now" brackets. They say it as if the season ended today, but they half ass it between as of now and projection. They drop a team a line or 2 from where they expect them to end, even if that seed does not correlate to the resume (probably why Syracuse is a 9, but it still makes no sense). For some teams it really is based on what they have accomplished and for others it is based more on projection.

It is really stupid trying to compare resumes off 10 games of data, so they have to not really follow the "as of now" approach.

I haven't done a bracket in a long time this early in the year, but if I did, I would simply base it on the data in RPIforecast. At least then I take the "as of now" results and put it into a 30-32 game picture for analysis and comparison.

It's the problem with most "as of now" brackets. They say it as if the season ended today, but they half ass it between as of now and projection. They drop a team a line or 2 from where they expect them to end, even if that seed does not correlate to the resume (probably why Syracuse is a 9, but it still makes no sense). For some teams it really is based on what they have accomplished and for others it is based more on projection.

It is really stupid trying to compare resumes off 10 games of data, so they have to not really follow the "as of now" approach.

I haven't done a bracket in a long time this early in the year, but if I did, I would simply base it on the data in RPIforecast. At least then I take the "as of now" results and put it into a 30-32 game picture for analysis and comparison.

I agree it doesn't make sense to do an "as of" bracket right now, because it would result in some really crazy seedings that would drive people crazy and it just wouldn't be worth it. But it's kind of disingenuous to say it's a snapshot when it's clearly not. But despite the people who trash lunardi every time he posts an update, for better or worse, the general public eats this up, so he's going to keep doing it.

I agree it doesn't make sense to do an "as of" bracket right now, because it would result in some really crazy seedings that would drive people crazy and it just wouldn't be worth it. But it's kind of disingenuous to say it's a snapshot when it's clearly not. But despite the people who trash lunardi every time he posts an update, for better or worse, the general public eats this up, so he's going to keep doing it.

I don't know how much people are eating it up, no one cares right now about bracketology, most people don't until Feb. I used to get wrapped up in it, and would get upset if he had us out when we should have been out, or gave us a bad seed, now I couldn't care less, he is a hack, he does something that any of us could do if we had enough free time to do it.

and MSG. UConn did this a few years ago by back dooring into what resulted in a protected seed treatment. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to get a 9 seed in Buffalo with a trip to the Garden if we advance.

come on man - do you think he has sat down and watched two games? - this is the same stuff we did with Lydon - we turned a solid 4 year college player into Larry Bird in our own minds - I want to make the tourney more than anyone but I'm not blind - the last thing we should be doing is talking about the NCAA tourney which we are realistically no where near

If Syracuse is in buffalo at the tournament it will be because they didn't even make the NIT and they were spectators. I hate being such a downer but man has this group let me down.

for all those who bought the first weekend of the tourney Buffalo tickets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom