Lunardi still has us but now in the play-in game against Xavier in South bracket. | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi still has us but now in the play-in game against Xavier in South bracket.

I hope by Sunday Lunardi has out.

He is historically bad at predicting the last 8 teams.

Remember the committee is a group of 10. He is a committee of one.

He is wrong a lot.

Need PSU to beat MSU today. MSU is 18-13 with 2 road wins, bad losses, and 5 top 50 RPI wins. They are right on the bubble as well.

We are all hoping we will be in on Sunday, but for the Committee, it comes down to choosing from a handful of close resumes. Sadly, it is hard for me to think they will reward the team that has the worst loss in Dome history. Just can't see it, in spite of some great wins and a team that could potentially go further than last years.

He is assuming that we are ahead of Xavier and Wake. That is the entire guy to this week. Where are we in this group of 5 which represent the 2nd to 6th last in.

Wake
Vandy
USC
Xavier
Syracuse

Lunardi has us as the 4th last in which is a position with risk but should make it. The 2nd last in is in big trouble. There could be 2 teams making the move up, but 4 is unlikely.

As I have said the entire week the key is where the committee views us in the group of 5 as we started the week. We don't know. I think we can only take the prudent view and assume we are #2.

Need PSU to beat MSU today. MSU is 18-13 with 2 road wins, bad losses, and 5 top 50 RPI wins. They are right on the bubble as well.

And 2 neutral court wins including one against Wichita St. And a great OOC SOS which the committee rewards. Add 5 top 50 wins. Some will say that OOC SOS and neutral wins shouldn't matter, but it does matter to the committee.

We are not going to pass them with that loss. It's an irrelevant game in my view. Some may want to track it, but I will not be one of them. With the Wake and Syracuse losses there is not enough teams that can pass them. They are 95%+.

And 2 neutral court wins including one against Wichita St. And a great OOC SOS which the committee rewards. Add 5 top 50 wins. Some will say that OOC SOS and neutral wins shouldn't matter, but it does matter to the committee.

We are not going to pass them with that loss. It's an irrelevant game in my view. Some may want to track it, but I will not be one of them. With the Wake and Syracuse losses there is not enough teams that can pass them. They are 95%+.

Fair point!

He is assuming that we are ahead of Xavier and Wake. That is the entire guy to this week. Where are we in this group of 5 which represent the 2nd to 6th last in.

Wake
Vandy
USC
Xavier
Syracuse

Lunardi has us as the 4th last in which is a position with risk but should make it. The 2nd last in is in big trouble. There could be 2 teams making the move up, but 4 is unlikely.

As I have said the entire week the key is where the committee views us in the group of 5 as we started the week. We don't know. I think we can only take the prudent view and assume we are #2.

You're the hero we deserve and also the one we need this week

SU and Wake play in by FAR the toughest conference in the country and have to play in play-in games?

SU and Wake play in by FAR the toughest conference in the country and have to play in play-in games?

You can thank the uconn gtown and St. John's losses for that. 10-8 in the toughest conference in the country would be lock city if we didn't completely s...hit the bed in non conference. We deserve whatever fate we get. Nit, play in game, etc, nobody to blame but ourselves.

It should be no problem for them then right? Honestly a play in for SU makes a ton of sense looking at our resume. We have proven that when we are at home and comfortable we can beat and at least compete with anyone. We have also proven that away from the Dome we are a different team that often struggles to be fully engaged in the game until things look desperate. We have yet to beat a decent squad away from home. So a play in on a neutral court is pretty fair in my mind. Win and you've shown what the committee needed to see so you move on. Lose and you've proven again that you can't win away from home and thus don't belong.

Playing an extra game is no problem? OK.

I added more of an explanation. My original point is that if our conference is that tough a neutral site play in game should be a win for an ACC bubble team.

You can thank the uconn gtown and St. John's losses for that. 10-8 in the toughest conference in the country would be lock city if we didn't completely s...hit the bed in non conference. We deserve whatever fate we get. Nit, play in game, etc, nobody to blame but ourselves.
Did you look at other teams who are similar to SU : Vandy, MSU, Arkansas... For the life of me I can not understand why Syracuse fans are always so ready to through SU under the bus.

The modern realities of being a SU Fan. I dunno, makes Selection Sunday so much more interesting...

Wow a new first for SU. The first elite program to appear in a play-in game. KU must be so envious.

You can't look at Syracuse and Illinois and think Illinois has a better resume.
Palm has Illinois above us.
I have no problem with Palm I just think he is overrating our bad losses and ignoring our 6 top 50 wins.

Our only chance is a play in game. This road/neutral and OOC is a big problem for us to overcome. I'd be ecstatic about the play in game but am preparing to be left out of the field. Can't be playing in the ACCT with tons at stake and be pounding the ball into the ground constantly wasting time, looking clueless on offense, giving up lob dunks at critical moments. All this team can do is shoot well. They don't do anything else well and exhibit poor Bball IQ, fundamentals, etc. It is what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom