Lunardi still has us but now in the play-in game against Xavier in South bracket. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi still has us but now in the play-in game against Xavier in South bracket.

I know we lost, but it's funny to think that 5-6 points is really the difference between us being in or out. I mean, we all realize we would have gotten drubbed by UNC today, so it really comes down to a close loss to Miami?

Can someone remind me why I spend so much time following/worrying about a bunch of kids playing with an orange ball again?

What? It comes down to a close loss to Miami? Really? No, it comes down to losing by 30 to a putrid johnnies team, losing to a bad gtown team, horrid bc team, just for starters. 2-11 on the road. If we get in we will break the record for worst rpi and road record easily. So, it wasnt the few points in the miami game. Miami is anemic and we are the definition of bipolar and consistency is rewarded, not 3 good nights at home against top 15 teams with 30k of the best college hoops fans in America behind ya.

True, but MSU went out and played a huge OOC schedule, we did not, we never do. Also, Izzo will have the edge as a committee darling.

Talk to me about Izzos tough schedule when he actually wins those games.

What? It comes down to a close loss to Miami? Really? No, it comes down to losing by 30 to a putrid johnnies team, losing to a bad gtown team, horrid bc team, just for starters. 2-11 on the road. If we get in we will break the record for worst rpi and road record easily. So, it wasnt the few points in the miami game. Miami is anemic and we are the definition of bipolar and consistency is rewarded, not 3 good nights at home against top 15 teams with 30k of the best college hoops fans in America behind ya.

Yeah Miami is anemic. They only beat UNC and won at Virginia. Terrible team.

We played a good OOC schedule.
Since we joined the ACC we have played 2 BE rivalss this year we played 3.
We played at Wisconsin.
We played South Carolina in Brooklyn.

We are on the bubble because it took 14 games for JB to replace Frank howard with John Gillon.

Good point. Yes, props to playing wisky and the old big east teams. But the johnnies are a mess with mullin and uconn and gtown are lost this year.

Michigan State has 2 road wins all year. They got a neutral site win today, but they must be pathetic too.

Talk to me about Izzos tough schedule when he actually wins those games.

Its still teams he played and lost and yes, the committee looks at that. He didn't have many cornells, Colgates, and Bonnie's on yhe schedule. Ya know, monmouth at home is actually being counted in the good win category. Thats generous.

Yeah Miami is anemic. They only beat UNC and won at Virginia. Terrible team.

Yes, UNC is a great win, but UVA is the definition of anemic. They are beatable every night d/t the style they play. Just like Jamie Dixons pitt teams were.

Michigan State also lost to Northeastern and Penn State. I agree they're ahead of us on the S curve, but yeah that tough schedule.

If it wasn't for Jerry Palm, I'd be 95% sure we're in.

He's usually pretty good and is going so in on us not making it that he has to know he will get trolled mercilessly if we're selected.. why double down so hard?

He's usually pretty good and is going so in on us not making it that he has to know he will get trolled mercilessly if we're selected.. why double down so hard?
Palm and Lunardi miss on a few teams every year. Neither is infallible. (I need to believe that).

He's hammering our road win/loss and RPI. If he's right, he looks like a genius because most have us in. If he's wrong, he certainly has justification. It's a win win for him to double down.

He's hammering our road win/loss and RPI. If he's right, he looks like a genius because most have us in. If he's wrong, he certainly has justification. It's a win win for him to double down.

Help me out here. Most have us in you say??? I get about 50/50

AP - Toss-up
Bleacher - Out
Bracketville _ Dave Ommen - Out
CBS; Jerry Palm - Out
Cuse Nation - Toss-up
ESPN - In
SB Nation - In
TeamRankings - 3% chance
USA Today - In

Help me out here. Most have us in you say??? I get about 50/50

AP - Toss-up
Bleacher - Out
Bracketville _ Dave Ommen - Out
CBS; Jerry Palm - Out
Cuse Nation - Toss-up
ESPN - In
SB Nation - In
TeamRankings - 3% chance
USA Today - In
Most have us either in or very close to being in. He has 7-8 other teams ahead of us. He is absolutely an outlier based on where he has is positioned. His stance is we have no chance whatsoever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom