Lunardi | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi

Cuse House

All American
Take it FWIW, Lunardi just said on Sportscenter that even with a loss today he would move us to the last 4 in category. Shows how important today's game is, a win can give us a tiny bit of cushion considering the struggle of other bubble teams.

Take it FWIW, Lunardi just said on Sportscenter that even with a loss today he would move us to the last 4 in category. Shows how important today's game is, a win can give us a tiny bit of cushion considering the struggle of other bubble teams.
guy.

Win until Jb's on the ladder with the scissors.

guy.

Win until Jb's on the ladder with the scissors.
I agree, I think it's interesting though because he is typically kind of harsh on us in his projections. I think it is really a testament to the weak bubble this year that we are 2 wins away from being pretty firmly in. Once were in, anything can happen.

I agree, I think it's interesting though because he is typically kind of harsh on us in his projections. I think it is really a testament to the weak bubble this year that we are 2 wins away from being pretty firmly in. Once were in, anything can happen.

I just think that the parity in college basketball this year is unprecedented, we control our own fate. Just need to win.

I just think that the parity in college basketball this year is unprecedented, we control our own fate. Just need to win.

It's the exact opposite of that in my opinion. The gap between the P5+BE vs. the rest of the conferences is as large as it has ever been. The A-10, AAC, MVC, MWC -- they are just not as good as they have been in prior years by the numbers (RPI and the other main analytics), and as a group they are getting 3-5 seeds less than before. Those spots are being taken up by P5+BE schools with middling records.

It's the exact opposite of that in my opinion. The gap between the P5+BE vs. the rest of the conferences is as large as it has ever been. The A-10, AAC, MVC, MWC -- they are just not as good as they have been in prior years by the numbers (RPI and the other main analytics), and as a group they are getting 3-5 seeds less than before. Those spots are being taken up by P5+BE schools with middling records.

I really didn't even mean to keep in mind non-power 5 conferences outside of the Big East. They'll always have their at large bids and what-not. However, I think the parity in the SEC/Big 12/Big 10 and ACC this year's incredible. Couldn't pay me to watch the Pac12.

Lunardi doesn't want the grief from Cuse fans.

I really didn't even mean to keep in mind non-power 5 conferences outside of the Big East. They'll always have their at large bids and what-not. However, I think the parity in the SEC/Big 12/Big 10 and ACC this year's incredible. Couldn't pay me to watch the Pac12.

I would say that the Big 12 is the opposite of parity right now.

Wow, consider that generous, bc JL normally gets the dance right. We made a mess early and have been playing catch up. Not sure how we get it with losing today. With 4 to go, GT home/home, Duke in the dome, and @ the Ville...we need to go 3-1! Good luck with that. Duke is peaking and the Ville might be a F4 team.

That means we are screwed.

Wow, consider that generous, bc JL normally gets the dance right. We made a mess early and have been playing catch up. Not sure how we get it with losing today. With 4 to go, GT home/home, Duke in the dome, and @ the Ville...we need to go 3-1! Good luck with that. Duke is peaking and the Ville might be a F4 team.

If we go 2-2, who are the teams that are going to clearly jump us?

Texas Tech
Providence
Georgetown
Clemson
Pitt
Georgia Tech
Georgia
Wake Forest

3-1 would be nice to lock it up. 2-2 will have us right in the heart of the discussion and be in the tournament in terms of outside consensus (which is of course not the same as committee consensus)

If we go 2-2, who are the teams that are going to clearly jump us?

Texas Tech
Providence
Georgetown
Clemson
Pitt
Georgia Tech
Georgia
Wake Forest

3-1 would be nice to lock it up. 2-2 will have us right in the heart of the discussion and be in the tournament in terms of outside consensus (which is of course not the same as committee consensus)

Wow, true, if that is the pool of teams we are up against, maybe 2-2 gets it done. Providence and wake might be the 2 that compete with us. Plus, you have to look at the automatic bid leagues and how they play out and additionally, the big boy conference tourneys. If we go out early and teams like GT, Clemson, and Wake make decent runs...we are gonzo.

Wow, true, if that is the pool of teams we are up against, maybe 2-2 gets it done. Providence and wake might be the 2 that compete with us. Plus, you have to look at the automatic bid leagues and how they play out and additionally, the big boy conference tourneys. If we go out early and teams like GT, Clemson, and Wake make decent runs...we are gonzo.
do you even pay attention in the least to what other teams are doing, and to what it actually takes to get in as an at-large?

do you even pay attention in the least to what other teams are doing, and to what it actually takes to get in as an at-large?

Yes, that was communicated in my last post. You must have missed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom