Lunardi's latest Bracksaw Jim Duggan | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi's latest Bracksaw Jim Duggan

ae5818448f9490099693abbb23aea49608e2cf7297dbd6f028b9c551f7d48605.jpg

1. Why does Lunardi do a bracket every day? Overkill. Does he get paid for each revise?
2. Cuse is now the 4th #1 seed opposite UF.
3. Our draw is getting tougher and tougher.
4. If we lose to UVA expect to be dropped to the #2 line on Monday. Would be interesting to see if
that is still at MSG or another region.

1. Why does Lunardi do a bracket every day? Overkill. Does he get paid for each revise?
For the same reason Palm does one every day, starting this week.
  1. This is the time of year the bubble teams start to separate themselves.
  2. This is the time of year the #1 seeds start to separate themselves.
  3. People are interested.

For 1, I could care less what our seed is as long as we maintain the east and get buffalo and MSG. That is so much more important at this time then a 1 or 2 seed. For second, I would like to avoid any and all former big east teams. They know how to play against our zone, they would be a lot more prepared for it then any other teams. Cincinnati scares me, they have played us very tough in the last few years and they are a very good shooting team this year. I hate UConn, but they also would scare me if I were to see them. There guards are very good at penetrating the zone, as they shredded it last year. Now they are more experienced and our guards have some difficulty against guards penetration this year.

looking at the midwest with wichita state #1. let's just swap spots 3 and 4 michigan and st louis. i want to see WSU face some real competition besides st louis to advance. can you just imagine the tripledeckerdeluxeroyalewithcheese crap sandwich we would've been fed nightly on ESPN had syracuse played the exact same schedule as wichita and been undefeated and granted a one seed ! WSU needs to play power teams from power conferences if they want anybody to believe they are for real. and it'll be real interesting to see who they schedule next year.

I find it funny how many SU fans say "I don't want to be paired with team A" or "Team B scares me" or even "Team C is the last team I want to play". This is the NCAA tournament. It's supposed to be hard and every region will have 3 or 4 teams that can beat the #1 this year. I don't see any team out there this year that is a lock for the Final Four or even the Elite Eight.

WSU needs to play power teams from power conferences if they want anybody to believe they are for real. and it'll be real interesting to see who they schedule next year.

I'm not trying to defend WSU, but the fact is that they tried to play brand-name teams, but none would play them. They wanted a home and home with Kansas, who would not agree to play at Wichita. I'd imagine that JB would not play at Wichita either.

I'm not trying to defend WSU, but the fact is that they tried to play brand-name teams, but none would play them. They wanted a home and home with Kansas, who would not agree to play at Wichita. I'd imagine that JB would not play at Wichita either.
They could have played Kansas in Kansas City this year like New Mexico agreed to. Getting home/homes from blue bloods is hard unless they have a current player on the roster from the area. I am sure a team like Gonzaga/Wisconsin/Butler/Nebraska/Xavier non-blue blood top teams would have played them. They scheduled Tennessee, @ Alabama, @ St. Louis they could have played Duke at MSG instead of UCLA doing it. They had chances, but expected equal home/homes after 1 good run. Gonzaga took 2 straight legit runs and then about 5 years of dominance to start getting better deals. Butler went to back to back NC games and still hasn't gotten many teams to play them home/home and they are in the Big East now. Wichita State's resume is inferior honestly.

ok fine. i don't buy the whole "nobody will play us" argument but fact remains we're 5-1 against the top 25 and they're 1-0 (st.louis who is 0-2). now that they're a mighty #1 seed they shouldn't be afraid to come out of the shadows and face a top 25 caliber opponent each round.
you can only duck,dip,dodge,dart and duck for so long.
Hank.jpg

i certainly would hope the selection committee thinks likewise and seeks to supremely challenge wichita state on their road to discourage any other top programs from similarly dodging competition to pad their post season tourney resumes in the future wichita style..
play tough and be rewarded. tiptoe and get punished.to do otherwise i think sends the wrong message to college basketball.

Last edited:
Am I crazy or would a 1/16 with us against High Point not be allowed since we played them in the regular season? Shouldn't Lunardi know that? Or did some rule change and I wasn't alerted?

Why wasn't I alerted, Ms. Thompson? You're fired! Good day!

I said good day!

Am I crazy or would a 1/16 with us against High Point not be allowed since we played them in the regular season? Shouldn't Lunardi know that? Or did some rule change and I wasn't alerted?

Why wasn't I alerted, Ms. Thompson? You're fired! Good day!

I said good day!

Bet you he just didnt realize it...

Bet you he just didnt realize it...
In that case I regret firing Ms. Thompson. Hopefully I won't have a wrongful termination lawsuit on my hands.

Don't worry, I don't make sense to myself, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom