Lustig as a great hire and other coaching responsiblities... | Syracusefan.com

Lustig as a great hire and other coaching responsiblities...

Ish88888

All American
Love JL as a hire but i cant help to notice the doubling up of responsibilities across the board. To be D coordinator and backers coach, RB'S and special teams coordinator? 2 co- offensive coordinators. Seems like our list of coaches is short, and responsibilities are sometimes doubled up. Are we not willing to pay for these specific coaching spots? Or does Dino prefer they be handled as listed?

Love JL as a hire but i cant help to notice the doubling up of responsibilities across the board. To be D coordinator and backers coach, RB'S and special teams coordinator? 2 co- offensive coordinators. Seems like our list of coaches is short, and responsibilities are sometimes doubled up. Are we not willing to pay for these specific coaching spots? Or does Dino prefer they be handled as listed?
I imagine we have as many coaches as our peers.

The NCAA only allows you to have a certain number of coaches. We have a full slate. We have two d line coaches and a designated tight ends coach. Most staffs have 1 d line coach the other coach would be the lb coach. And most schools couple te responsibility with qb or wr coach.

The NCAA only allows you to have a certain number of coaches. We have a full slate. We have two d line coaches and a designated tight ends coach. Most staffs have 1 d line coach the other coach would be the lb coach. And most schools couple te responsibility with qb or wr coach.
I thought Bama had like a 1-1 coach to player ratio but just called most of them something other than coach.

I thought Bama had like a 1-1 coach to player ratio but just called most of them something other than coach.
Support staff lol. They still wouldn't have lb coach or te coach as one of there duties. I am sure there are grad assistants that are helping out with lbers ect.

You can have 9 coaches

You can have 9 coaches

Yep, and that is what we have, so it's par for the course, I think what throws people off two coaches responsible for the D Line, the CO-offensive coordinators everything else is pretty typical in my book, pretty common to see a coordinator have a position he's responsible for as well. Who knows how responsibilities are actually broken out on defense, I would bet that the new coach has bit more responsibility than D ends but who knows. Rare to have just a special teams coach

you can have more support but there are limits on how they can actually interact with the kids.. Alabama has people to help with the film breakdown and such but they can only deal with coaches not players.

A peer...

upload_2017-3-28_9-33-50.png

Why the assumption that we're somehow doing something wrong? Lots of coaches at programs everywhere have multiple titles. Here, Lester and Hackett were QB coaches on top of being OC. Shafer coached the secondary in 2011, even though we had 2 linebacker coaches. Daoust ran the special teams in 2015. And on and on.

I think Stanard and Reynolds are splitting the d-line to enhance reps and focus on technique and individual teaching at a position that needs to come a long way this year. And there are GAs to help out with the line and WR and linebackers and the secondary.

There's nothing wrong with the set up of the coaching staff.

Can the five quality control people help in practices? :confused:

Vincent Marshall was the one that was running the RBs through drills in the first spring practice, so yes.

Why wouldn't a coordinator also coach a position? It's not like they're busy "coordinating" when the team is running position drills. And with the limits placed on player contact, they use their noncontact time to gameplan with the other coaches on their side of the ball. Seems relatively straight forward to me.

How's Eric White doing at Maryland? Each party was moving in separate directions, but he was a good man and I hope he's doing well.