Lydon isn't physically mature at this stage... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon isn't physically mature at this stage...

Had he missed that three and it went to Bona we would have seen a JB meltdown of Biblical proportions.

I don't see JB blowing up at Lydon or Malachi much this year. They are to essential. Just a prediction It would take a lazy game.

If you didn't get a chance check out the last sound bite here.

Last edited:
Here's the thing I loved about it. He was absolutely demanding the ball, gets it and then goes drain-o at a most critical time. The thing I love about lydon is that he's jut a baller. There's so many athletes that play bball that aren't, but every time he plays you just see it. Moyer/Bamba is like that too. I think Mali and Howard too...no hesitation.
Yeah, I can see coach getting upset, but you know what? He has the mettle to make that play. Part of our problem last season was we had so many guys shrink in the moment.

I don't see JB blowing up at Lydon or Malachi much this year. They are to essential. Just a prediction It would take a lazy game.

If you didn't get a chance check out the last sound bite here.

I was exaggerating a little but T-Drain hasn't exactly earned JB's complete trust. It'll probably take at least half the season. Pretty sure Cooney's leash is the longest as I'm seeing him still get after Silent G and TROB. However, when you go draino in moments like that it's easy to see why this kid's ceiling is so high.

I was exaggerating a little but T-Drain hasn't exactly earned JB's complete trust. It'll probably take at least half the season. Pretty sure Cooney's leash is the longest as I'm seeing him still get after Silent G and TROB. However, when you go draino in moments like that it's easy to see why this kid's ceiling is so high.
I would put this differently. He is good now because he brings 3 point shooting, foul shooting, hustle, and court savvy. You can see how far he has developed, physically, since his junior year photos. Maybe 175 lbs in those photos; 205 lbs now; on his way to 230 in this third year. He will struggle to drive and finish or rebound in traffic this season or defend physical forwards (not strong enough yet), but that will change year to year. Combine that with what he does well already (great shooting stroke) -- and there is the high ceiling.

I would put this differently. He is good now because he brings 3 point shooting, foul shooting, hustle, and court savvy. You can see how far he has developed, physically, since his junior year photos. Maybe 175 lbs in those photos; 205 lbs now; on his way to 230 in this third year. He will struggle to drive and finish or rebound in traffic this season or defend physical forwards (not strong enough yet), but that will change year to year. Combine that with what he does well already (great shooting stroke) -- and there is the high ceiling.

Agreed on all points and if he gets to even 220 next year it will be his last with SU. He's showing the ability to dribble drive already and it will only get better by next year. His shooting stroke is already NBA-esque.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom