Lydon now one of 350 undergrads | Syracusefan.com

Lydon now one of 350 undergrads

325 wont get him into the first round, it better be 335 when you add in the foreign kids and handful of upper classman.

Too slow to guard the 3, too weak to guard the 4.
Needs to stay and polish up on his offensive game. What is he special at? How would he make any NBA team better?

Lots of guys better than him go undrafted every year.

With a 24 second clock you pretty much have to be able to create your own shot. Could he get a three point shot against NBA athletes?

Too slow to guard the 3, too weak to guard the 4.
Needs to stay and polish up on his offensive game. What is he special at? How would he make any NBA team better?

Lots of guys better than him go undrafted every year.

Name me 5

I'm sure we couldn't go through the first round of every draft in the last decade and find guys who "needed to stay to work on xxxx"

Name me 5

Looking at mainly forwards. Here are a few similar undrafted players. Some could argue they were better than Lydon.

My point is that Lydon offers nothing more than these guys who went undrafted. He is tall and can shoot a good percentage, WHEN HE ACTUALLY SHOOTS! Thats pretty much it.

Jarrod Uthoff
Kyle Wiltjer
Dorian Finney Smith

Christian Wood

he is 6:10 and shoots 40%+ from 3. He goes in the first round.

Yeah and over his last 9 games when we really needed the boost he shot 25% from 3.
Never stepped up for us.

That's an NBA myth. Klay Thompson can't create his own shot and averages over 20 a game. I believe he scored 60 plus in a game once on 9 dribbles.
Klay is lightning quick and has a handle. No comparison.

Looking at mainly forwards. Here are a few similar undrafted players. Some could argue they were better than Lydon.

My point is that Lydon offers nothing more than these guys who went undrafted. He is tall and can shoot a good percentage, WHEN HE ACTUALLY SHOOTS! Thats pretty much it.

Jarrod Uthoff
Kyle Wiltjer
Dorian Finney Smith

Christian Wood

Lydon has better numbers than all of them as an underclassmen. Wiltjer didn't start producing until year 4 of college and he's still in the association. Finney-Smith is in the Mavs rotation. You shouldn't be comparing Someone who's an upperclassmen who leaves college as a 2 year player.

Wish him well, and let's move on. Tyler is a 1st round pick. I'll bet anyone whatever they want. Easiest money ever made. He made what he thought was the best decision for himself, and I agree with his decision.

Let's worry about next year, and wish him well. It's so simple, yet not somehow.

My favorite is still the people who haven't watched an NBA game since 1988 insisting on talking about what it takes to make it in the NBA.
I can't read your post because I recently gouged out my eyes.

Jarrod Uthoff tho

I take it you probably have no clue who Jarrod Uthoff is.
He has a very similar skill set as Lydon except he actually produced for his team.

I take it you probably have no clue who Jarrod Uthoff is.
He has a very similar skill set as Lydon except he actually produced for his team.

Right. 13 PPG, and leading the team in rebounds and blocks, and nearly shooting 50-40-90 in ACC play isnt "producing". He didn't put the team on his back like '96 Senior year John Wallace so he sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom