Lydon pulled down after Roberson missed FT? | Syracusefan.com

Lydon pulled down after Roberson missed FT?

Saw this live. The sad part is that late game fouls are often let go more than not. There were many occasions I thought Roberson was shoved in the back going for a rebound.

Those idiots missed so many calls - and made a few weird ones. Horrible job. The only other time this year I noticed the officiating being bad was with Stephens. He's a moron.

Speaking of fouls, has anybody ever seen a player jump into shooters more often with no foul call than Mahmoud tonight? I'm guessing he gets away with it because he's so skinny, but that kid never stayed vertical and was allowed to make body contact on almost every drive.

Those idiots missed so many calls - and made a few weird ones. Horrible job. The only other time this year I noticed the officiating being bad was with Stephens. He's a moron.
He's not only bad at his job, but he seems combative. Reminds me a bit of Joey Crawford

I know refs have a tough job but the amount of physicality allowed - pushing, bumping by Louisville was not equal tonight. More like sins of omission than commission by the refs. On one sequence right in front of me Gillon was bumped 3 times on his short drive to the basket - no call at all. Lydon and Gillon will need an ice bath after tonight's game. I kept thinking, sure, we aren't getting any calls when we finally have a team that makes free throws against a team that isn't shooting them well. They got 30 free throws (only about 6 because we wanted to foul them) vs our 15 free throws but they only made 4 more of them (16 vs our 12), the exact number of points we lost by. :noidea:

Question - on the out of bounds call on Gillon on his drive , did he touch it last vs getting it knocked out from behind by Louisville?

That all said - great effort by the kids. Who would have thought a month ago that we'd battle #8 Louisville to overtime? This is a different team that we saw on just New Year's Day get blasted by BC.

I know refs have a tough job but the amount of physicality allowed - pushing, bumping by Louisville was not equal tonight. More like sins of omission than commission by the refs. On one sequence right in front of me Gillon was bumped 3 times on his short drive to the basket - no call at all. Lydon and Gillon will need an ice bath after tonight's game. I kept thinking, sure, we aren't getting any calls when we finally have a team that makes free throws against a team that isn't shooting them well. They got 30 free throws (only about 6 because we wanted to foul them) vs our 15 free throws but they only made 4 more of them (16 vs our 12), the exact number of points we lost by. :noidea:

Question - on the out of bounds call on Gillon on his drive , did he touch it last vs getting it knocked out from behind by Louisville?
Heres how i saw it on tv. The ul guy stripped him, close call but i could see a no foul call on the reach in. Might have been bumped with body tho. As JG got stripped, he tried to sell a foul and threw his arms out, as he threw his arms out the ball (which was headed out o bounds off ul) glanced offf his right hand

Alternatively JG might have been reaching for ball after it was dislodged but i dont think so , i just think it inadvertantly glanced off his extended hand as he was trying to sell afoul. Would like to see replay one last time but it was definitely off JG imo

My question is why no mention from JB? I mean didn't he mention Gillon going to the hoop(where he wasnt fouled)?

Why call out Roberson instead of the refs?!?!?

Am I the only one to notice Mahmoud sets at least one moving screen on every offensive possession?

At least he sets them. Our guys move and don't screen anybody. :bang:

That all said - great effort by the kids. Who would have thought a month ago that we'd battle #8 Louisville to overtime? This is a different team that we saw on just New Year's Day get blasted by BC.

I thought the foul disparity was more of us not being aggressive on offense much of the game. The team did not seem ready or prepared to play on offense. Lots of chucks, contested 3s, some good look 3s. Lots of bad shots in general. It seemed like a record number of times I heard Sean and Fran say over and over again how we were just standing around. The more aggressive team and the team getting closer opportunities to the hoop will naturally draw more foul calls. Valiant effort like you say but just too many mistakes. Whether it was watching UL guys grab rebounds right in front of us, bad turnovers (Lydon and Gillon really had some What moments there), etc.

Based off this angle, I honestly would have been shocked if this was called a foul at this point in the game.

At the same time, I think Stephens was just terrible tonight, like he almost always seems to be.

I wanted to see DC tonight. If they were going to call it like a Big East game then put in a
screen setting grabbing pushy kind of guy.

Now that is an interesting take. The way things turned out, sign me up for at least wanting to try this out for a bit. Then again as the thread for screens pointed out, our guards just don't seem to run close enough to them or do whatever it takes to make use of them, so maybe even Coleman's beef/girth would have went to waste as well. It's hard to imagine he could have rebounded any worse than what we had out there, though. I hadn't given DC much thought, but he makes more sense now...at least for a trial period for goodness sake.

His screens are garbage 75% of the time. Lol They only work if his defender makes a mistake because Lydon rolls so early. He never actually forces the defense to do anything, the guy guarding the ball handler is never actually screened, so ur just hoping the help defender panics.

He's not rolling. He's slipping the screen. He's trying to slip the screen because teams overplay the P&R. That's why he doesn't come all the way up. We just never hit the slip.

He's not rolling. He's slipping the screen. He's trying to slip the screen because teams overplay the P&R. That's why he doesn't come all the way up. We just never hit the slip.
Can't ever seem to find him posting up either. Everyone is quick to say he needs to shoot more. He's putting the work into getting into position, he's just not getting fed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom