Lydon pulled down after Roberson missed FT? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon pulled down after Roberson missed FT?

He's not rolling. He's slipping the screen. He's trying to slip the screen because teams overplay the P&R. That's why he doesn't come all the way up. We just never hit the slip.

One of the most underused plays in bball. I do it all the time when I play.

Thank God the ref is making sure that he looks at the end line, though. He's just staring right down and not even paying attention to the absolute melee going on in front of him!

I never understand the "don't call fouls that are fouls because you don't want to decide the game" mentality. But dadgummit, don't even come close to that end line, because I'll decide the game all day on that!

Saw this live. The sad part is that late game fouls are often let go more than not. There were many occasions I thought Roberson was shoved in the back going for a rebound.
Apparently this is the case, unless it's SU against UConn in the final seconds of a tie game. Then they call a weak touch foul and give UConn free throws to win the game.

He wasn't pulled down. It seems like he was likely pushed.

I wouldn't totally dismiss a little "gamesmanship" by Lydon if he felt out of position. Doesn't seem like it, but it's a possibility.

He might have just tripped over somebody's feet. Hard to tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom