Lydon | Syracusefan.com

Lydon

B

Brooky03

We all know there are multiple issues with the team, but it comes back to Lydon every time for me. He's not the player we expected or need him to be. I know guard play has something to do with that, but he's giving us very little on both ends of the court.

He's not hitting 3's nearly at the clip we all thought he would. He's certainly not rebounding well. His defense is alright but it's not like he's locking anybody down. He can't finish in the paint, like at all. I just don't know what he's giving us right now. He can certainly get back on track, but if he keeps playing like this, he's not only going to come back next season but he'll be back as a senior.

I was in Tyler's corner probably more than anyone going into this season. He's the main reason I thought this team would do so well. With him playing no better than average, we're going to have a lot of ugly offensive performances like this.

Yes he looks completely different than last year. Bench him. I saw his foot on top of his head, and he moved like Godzilla.

The thing is he's not even playing the worst.

Agreed. But he was supposed to be the star of the team. He was supposed to be the guy we leaned on, but he's not cutting it right now in that role. We're seeing the limitations of his game and they're more substantial than I thought.

Last year team keyed on G and Cooney. Nobody was game planning for Lydon. This year nobody on this team other than White can score. Lydon gets lots of attention and he outside of shooting 3's he has no other game at this point. Not a threat to put in on the floor. But he does look soft like all the extra weight looks like baby fat.

Yikers... watching him out there this year and especially this game, is like watching the "Least interesting man in the world" right now. He is playing High school ball, in College.

You guys are ridiculous

Last year team keyed on G and Cooney. Nobody was game planning for Lydon. This year nobody on this team other than White can score. Lydon gets lots of attention and he outside of shooting 3's he has no other game at this point. Not a threat to put in on the floor. But he does look soft like all the extra weight looks like baby fat.

Nah it's was the dudes with the NBA contracts people were keying on last year.

We have none on this year's team.

Lydon was great as a 4th option behind G, Cooney and Mal.

It's not hard to see why he struggles being a focal point. Back to the basket game? No. Create his own shot? No

At this point he will be here 4 years and not get drafted. Should have left last year

Next time we bitch about a player leaving...remember this guy and the heat he's getting.

Breaking news: if you are listed as a preseason top 15 player, it's time to wake up to big boy school and deal with the recognition. And that swings both ways.

He's in basketball purgatory right now. It's maddening to www the talent this team has not clicking in an awful, awful way for 110 of the past 120 minutes.

Breaking news: if you are listed as a preseason top 15 player, it's time to wake up to big boy school and deal with the recognition. And that swings both ways.

He's in basketball purgatory right now. It's maddening to www the talent this team has not clicking in an awful, awful way for 110 of the past 120 minutes.

You are taking this wrong. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the heat. I'm saying it's not worth it if you can go to the NBA.

People like to do the "LOL have fun in the d league" gimmick. Well? Who's having fun now?

It is not crazy to bench Lydon, I'm not sure what you guys are seeing but I'm seeing a player that is lost and confused. I almost wonder if it has something to do with the fact that he has no defined role. All I can say is that I want last year's Lydon back.

by seasons end he'll be ranked among the top 5 players in the ACC... in minutes played.

Basketball players have to be careful about muscle and weight gain. It can mess with your shot and quickness. Having played i have seen this first hand. I actually think Coon dog fell victim to this as well. Similar with golfers. Touch and quickness dont always keep up with strength and weight.

The thing is he's not even playing the worst.

But he was supposed to be the best player on this team, and that's the difference. He's not playing the best.

Basketball players have to be careful about muscle and weight gain. It can mess with your shot and quickness. Having played i have seen this first hand. I actually think Coon dog fell victim to this as well. Similar with golfers. Touch and quickness dont always keep up with strength and weight.

He seems to have lost some hops as well due to the extra weight. Not nearly as explosive.

I keep reading/hearing about Lydon gaining weight/muscle but I don't see it. He looks exactly the same to me.

Lydon was great as a 4th option behind G, Cooney and Mal.

It's not hard to see why he struggles being a focal point. Back to the basket game? No. Create his own shot? No

At this point he will be here 4 years and not get drafted. Should have left last year

How would we know if he has a back to the basket game? He never gets the ball when he's in position on the block. Never. Why are SU teams so God-awful at feeding the post?

You are taking this wrong. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the heat. I'm saying it's not worth it if you can go to the NBA.

People like to do the "LOL have fun in the d league" gimmick. Well? Who's having fun now?

Ah, gotcha. I didn't take it that way.

Not to knock the kid, but he drives like I do in city rec. Pump fake, right hand dribble, two steps and pray you get a foul or find the rim. When they were playing 2-3 he should of ate up the high post, instead he did nothing. I love Lydon, but not going up strong and doing a under hand shot isn't going to get the job done. When you are doing that you are afraid to get blocked.

Not to knock the kid, but he drives like I do in city rec. Pump fake, right hand dribble, two steps and pray you get a foul or find the rim. When they were playing 2-3 he should of ate up the high post, instead he did nothing. I love Lydon, but not going up strong and doing a under hand shot isn't going to get the job done. When you are doing that you are afraid to get blocked.

Absolutely. He should have had 5 buckets from the foul line easy. And 4 assists to DC and Roby for dunks. Just like good teams do to us. How do we not get this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom