Mackey | Syracusefan.com

Mackey

anomander

Living Legend
So happy we could send him out with a win. He is the definition of a Syracuse guy through and through. This was perfect

Macky MacPherson ‏@MackyMacPherson7m
Ever since I was a kid, my biggest dream was to play football for Syracuse University. I have been… http://instagram.com/p/ic5ZuPApj6/

ic5ZuPApj6

Make sure to read his comment on the side of the instagram link (i don't have IG so couldn't copy photo)

Macky to me will forever be the symbol of what has happened here in the last few years. From a CBA kid who was blown up on most plays to an All-ACC team member and the leader of our team.

Thank you, Macky. Your contribution will live on and be known by those who love this program for years to come.

Ever since I was a kid, my biggest dream was to play football for Syracuse University. I have been truly blessed to have had the experiences I have had. I wouldn't change anything for a second. I'd like to thank my family, friends, and supporters who have stuck with me through this entire journey. I'm going to miss Cuse. Thank you for everything#CuseNation. I'm going to miss you. #59

Macky to me will forever be the symbol of what has happened here in the last few years. From a CBA kid who was blown up on most plays to an All-ACC team member and the leader of our team.

Thank you, Macky. Your contribution will live on and be known by those who love this program for years to come.

Definition of class act. Feels good to have a hometown kid who Syracuse was literally his dream school first develop into the player he has, and represent Syracuse the way he has. Absolutely phenomenal.

Oh by the way he basically shut down a future 1st round draft pick who dwarfed him. That's how you go out in style Mackey!!!

Ever since I was a kid, my biggest dream was to play football for Syracuse University. I have been truly blessed to have had the experiences I have had. I wouldn't change anything for a second. I'd like to thank my family, friends, and supporters who have stuck with me through this entire journey. I'm going to miss Cuse. Thank you for everything#CuseNation. I'm going to miss you. #59

thanks for that. my copying skills failed miserably

Weight room warrior, too. Not sure there was a player, pound for pound, stronger than Mackey.

So happy we could send him out with a win. He is the definition of a Syracuse guy through and through. This was perfect

Macky MacPherson ‏@MackyMacPherson7m
Ever since I was a kid, my biggest dream was to play football for Syracuse University. I have been… http://instagram.com/p/ic5ZuPApj6/

ic5ZuPApj6

Make sure to read his comment on the side of the instagram link (i don't have IG so couldn't copy photo)
Macky is awesome... from a blocking dummy to 2nd team all ACC! Well done.

Mackey's was small to post on Instagram. ;)

My biggest worry for next year is replacing him.

ic5ZuPApj6
I have seen the future of Syracuse University football head coaching and it's name is Macky MacPherson.[/quote]

Very cool - growing up a couple blocks from the Dome, getting a scholarship, and then putting in the work that leads to that kind of improvement (and success) over four years. Mackey's a good one.

That kid gets blown up. What is he 5'9" 210? When are we going to recruit a center?

Good luck Macky, see you on the sidelines soon. ;)

Macky is a class act who's skill and leadership will be hard to replace. LGO!

His impact on the program will continue for many years. He really headed up the players push to get Shafer hired.

My how the times have changed. From his commitment until probably his JR year Mackey was absolutely hammered by such a large percentage of the fan base and this board (actually more the old Skout board) as well. He started to change opinions last year.

What a great story, what a great ambassador and what a great young man. He's earned every bit of respect he's gotten, and it's well-deserved.

Mackey is all that is right about college football. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the team! He will be missed next year.

Coach Mac must be extremely proud. Thanks, Macky and you have the thanks of a grateful Orange Nation.

Last edited:
Thank you Mackey you truly are Orange to the core. Let all the "analysts" at espn say the same things as they did about Justin Pugh last season and you go higher in the draft than anyone predicts just the same as him. Best of luck to you I hope to see you back on the sidelines at SU someday down the road. A true Saltine Warrior.