Macky and the NFL... | Syracusefan.com

Macky and the NFL...

LongShanks44

Walk On
Does Macky get a serious look from any NFL teams? Honest question because I never see his name mentioned along with the usual candidates. If not is it because he's not considered big enough for the next level?

He might be able to latch on as a long snapper somewhere. Size is a major red flag.

At CENTER (as a starter)...no chance in the NFL. As a guard, absolutely. He has the size to play guard, the footwork, and speed to be a quality NFL guard. If he's smart he goes to the combine and his pro day he showcases himself as a guard not as a center. And he brings value to a team that takes a chance on him in the late rounds in that if he makes the squad he can be a back-up at MULTIPLE positions. Guard and Center. He doesn't need to showcase his center skills, there are years of gametape with that. The NFL is a different beast, only 53 man rosters and only 46 active on gameday...if you can be a back-up at GUARD and CENTER...you will have a job in this league!

I think he gets drafted in rounds 6 or 7 and I think there is a great chance he makes a practice squad and a decent shot he makes a roster.

Can't imagine he will get drafted, but he will absolutely be in a camp next summer. That's all you can really ask for. He can earn his way from there.

At CENTER (as a starter)...no chance in the NFL. As a guard, absolutely. He has the size to play guard, the footwork, and speed to be a quality NFL guard. If he's smart he goes to the combine and his pro day he showcases himself as a guard not as a center. And he brings value to a team that takes a chance on him in the late rounds in that if he makes the squad he can be a back-up at MULTIPLE positions. Guard and Center. He doesn't need to showcase his center skills, there are years of gametape with that. The NFL is a different beast, only 53 man rosters and only 46 active on gameday...if you can be a back-up at GUARD and CENTER...you will have a job in this league!

I think he gets drafted in rounds 6 or 7 and I think there is a great chance he makes a practice squad and a decent shot he makes a roster.

You're high. The average guard in the NFL is 6'3 and 300 pounds. I love Macky but he ain't close to that. Like CIL said...maybe long snapper.

Well, he's also got the coaching gene. Does he have the coaching bug? If so, and if he doesn't make a roster, I'd love to see him start as a grad assistant here. Oh, and STAY here as he moves up the ladder.

teams would love to get a long snapper that could actually play some oline in a pinch. has he done enough long snapping to show that skill is nfl worthy?

remember all the posts B!tching and moaning about "Wasting" a scholarship becuase of his grandpa
Definitely not a wasted scholarship, in hindsight, but he shouldn't have seen the field his first two years. I will never forget him getting subbed in passing situations b/c he couldn't snap in a shotgun. Amazing how much this kid improved during his time here.

Definitely not a wasted scholarship, in hindsight, but he shouldn't have seen the field his first two years. I will never forget him getting subbed in passing situations b/c he couldn't snap in a shotgun. Amazing how much this kid improved during his time here.
i thought he came in because he was the only who could do a shot gun snap?

i thought he came in because he was the only who could do a shot gun snap?
You are right I am thinking of Ryan Bartholomew being unable to snap in the shotgun my bad

Macky is the same height and weighs 12 lbs less than Jeff Saturday ... take that for what its worth ... he could latch on somewhere just because he is a very good student of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom