Macky... | Syracusefan.com

Macky...

Deano

All American
Made two huge plays back to back in that one drive in the 2nd quarter. First on the pass that UConn tipped he was smart enough to bat the ball down. Then as Ryan lost the ball he was quick to scoop it up and actually gain some yardage making the 3rd down play manageable which I believe was the 40 yard pass completion to Alec. Kid's a gamer.

He's averaging 5 yards per carry. If he doesn't start at RB next week, HCDM must go.

Agreed, but let's not overlook the bad snap that dribbled back to Nassib and almost resulted in a TO.

Agreed, but let's not overlook the bad snap that dribbled back to Nassib and almost resulted in a TO.

It almost looked like he thought Nassib was under center.

Yeah, that was a crappy mistake. But there was no almost a TO there. Nassib and Smith both hit the deck to cover that one with plenty of time to spare.

Exactly. Even though is playing great, he shouldn't be.

Is this sarcasm? I really don't know because it you are still saying Macky stinks (too small I get whatever that means but too slow? do you watch games?) then you really haven't been watching any games. All centers have an occassional bad snap out of the gun. This was, I think, Macky's first for the year. The kid is a heads up smart football player who puts in the time in the weight and film rooms. The constant mention of the size argument comes from people who know very little about football and probably have never played the game. Size does not equate strength and certainly does not take into account technique or leverage. Here's an idea. All of the macky skeptics can leave their names and addresses. We should be able to forward said names and addresses to Coach Mac. What would ensue I imagine would be highly entertaining for those not involved. If you were sarcastic, then I have to do a better job of reading posts.

Is this sarcasm? I really don't know because it you are still saying Macky stinks (too small I get whatever that means but too slow? do you watch games?) then you really haven't been watching any games. All centers have an occassional bad snap out of the gun. This was, I think, Macky's first for the year. The kid is a heads up smart football player who puts in the time in the weight and film rooms. The constant mention of the size argument comes from people who know very little about football and probably have never played the game. Size does not equate strength and certainly does not take into account technique or leverage. Here's an idea. All of the macky skeptics can leave their names and addresses. We should be able to forward said names and addresses to Coach Mac. What would ensue I imagine would be highly entertaining for those not involved. If you were sarcastic, then I have to do a better job of reading posts.
I think Macky had a great game and has played well overall. The game showed that ball awareness is something the coaches have been pushing and the players responded to it. There was a lot more tugging on the ball than I think I've seen this year, at least by our side. Keon Lyn had a good strip and Macky responded twice. We won the turnover battle and it wasn't by accident.

Macky is our best center in a long time. This is the first season in a looooong time I haven't been nervous with a shotgun snap. I wish some of you guys would get off his case.

Macky has had a heck of a season all around. All the haters are eating crow this year.
Macky is having a very good season.

It doesn't erase the limitations Macky posed last season though.

I'm glad he's a solid player. Ideally his development into that player wouldn't have come at the expense of last season.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm glad he's a solid player. Ideally his development into that player wouldn't have come at the expense of last season.

Great back-handed compliment. You simply can't help yourself, can you?

A truly dominating performance in all three phases of the game and you come here with that BS? Oh, I almost forgot...your the "style over substance" guy.

I'd like to see Macky in at FB in the tank package. Play action roll out pass to Macky in the endzone, if the balls thrown anywhere near him, he'll catch it.

Great back-handed compliment. You simply can't help yourself, can you?

A truly dominating performance in all three phases of the game and you come here with that BS? Oh, I almost forgot...your the "style over substance" guy.
Your anger is misdirected.

What about my post was untrue?

Your anger is misdirected.

What about my post was untrue?

No anger here. Simply pointing out the fact that you seem to enjoy taking shots at the team and/or players even after a dominating victory. I will give you credit, however...at least you showed-up fairly early after this win. Still no sign of your fellow naysayers which surprises me because, as we all know, misery loves company.

What was untrue? Macky was not the problem last year. Is he a better player this year than last? Absolutely...he is making steady improvements just like any player at any position should as he develops from season to season. To place the blame for last year's OL problems at the feet of Macky displays how little you know about the game.

I think that was his first bad snap all year. He's been nearly perfect and if we do the math, he'd probably grade out over 99.5%. Not bad for a blocking sled.

No anger here. Simply pointing out the fact that you seem to enjoy taking shots at the team and/or players even after a dominating victory. I will give you credit, however...at least you showed-up fairly early after this win. Still no sign of your fellow naysayers which surprises me because, as we all know, misery loves company.

What was untrue? Macky was not the problem last year. Is he a better player this year than last? Absolutely...he is making steady improvements just like any player at any position should as he develops from season to season. To place the blame for last year's OL problems at the feet of Macky displays how little you know about the game.
You're reading into things far too much. I didn't place the blame on Macky for the line play last season. He was one of three inadequate parts on that line.

I don't enjoy taking shots at anyone. I never criticize the players, although Hay really tested me there. I don't feel Macky was ready last season, and it was a problem on the staff's part that there wasn't a better alternative. I have acknowledged Macky's improvement this season.

You're making a lot of weird assumptions about my state of happiness and knowledge of the game. You may want to spend more time basking in the reflected glory of this win than posting responses to fair criticisms.

Would he be this good this year had it not been for last year?

Did he cost us a bowl last year?

I'd say that the answer to both is 'no'.

Seriously dude? You're going back to last year to anchor your point that he still sucks? C'mon already. The kid is playing his heart out THIS YEAR! He has greatly improved over LAST year! The object is to get better, right? Give the kid his props! It's like saying Fab Melo had a solid sophomore year but still sucks because he was fat and out of shape his freshman year. Totally illogical.

He's not the reason last season went down the tubes. Don't use MM as your way of tossing grenades at the staff.

Would he be this good this year had it not been for last year?

Did he cost us a bowl last year?

I'd say that the answer to both is 'no'.
First question, maybe but probably not.

Second question, maybe but we can't really know.

It's ok to have different opinions on the answers to hypothetical questions.

Seriously dude? You're going back to last year to anchor your point that he still sucks? C'mon already. The kid is playing his heart out THIS YEAR! He has greatly improved over LAST year! The object is to get better, right? Give the kid his props! It's like saying Fab Melo had a solid sophomore year but still sucks because he was fat and out of shape his freshman year. Totally illogical.

He's not the reason last season went down the tubes. Don't use MM as your way of tossing grenades at the staff.
You really misread my post. Really, go back and read it and take a second to think about what I said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom