Macky... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Macky...

You really misread my post. Really, go back and read it and take a second to think about what I said.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Stop the back pedaling. The basic premise of your post was that you're happy that Macky panned-out as a solid player but it's a shame it came at the expense of last season. Now you're attempting to spin your way out. Too dam funny.

Stop the back pedaling. The basic premise of your post was that you're happy that Macky panned-out as a solid player but it's a shame it came at the expense of last season. Now you're attempting to spin your way out. Too dam funny.
Ugh, I'm not spinning my way out of anything.

PeteCalvin said "You're going back to last year to anchor your point that he still sucks?"

Well, no, not at all. Nowhere in my post was it implied that Macky "still sucks." I referenced the previous season to recognize his improvement, and also because I felt a lot of people labeled as "Macky haters" didn't hate on Macky at all, they just pointed out that he really struggled and probably wasn't ready.

Then he encouraged me to give the kid his props, right after I had posted that he's having a good season and is a solid player right now. Maybe I'm wrong here, but isn't saying that a player is having a good season and solid giving him his props?

Yes, my premise is that Macky has panned-out as a solid player but it's a shame it came at the expense of last season. That's not unreasonable. Very few offensive linemen are ready to perform at a high level as sophomores. It didn't help Macky that he was really undersized, and it shouldn't be surprising that he struggled. That struggle was problematic, because we had two other guys on that line that didn't perform well. Struggles by any player added to the team's difficulties performing last season. Maybe having one less struggle makes a difference. This is all reasonable, right?

Now, I jumped in on this thread because PeteCalvin wrote that all the haters are eating crow this season, and posts about all of the boards alleged "haters" annoy me somewhat. There's no spin here. If I made a mistake, it was getting sucked into this pointless discussion.

Someone said it a few weeks ago. This board is trending the way of modern political discourse. People are really eager to separate posters into camps, and for a lot of folks its more fun to thump chests yelling how right they are than actually talk about things.

Ugh, I'm not spinning my way out of anything.

PeteCalvin said "You're going back to last year to anchor your point that he still sucks?"

Well, no, not at all. Nowhere in my post was it implied that Macky "still sucks." I referenced the previous season to recognize his improvement, and also because I felt a lot of people labeled as "Macky haters" didn't hate on Macky at all, they just pointed out that he really struggled and probably wasn't ready.

Then he encouraged me to give the kid his props, right after I had posted that he's having a good season and is a solid player right now. Maybe I'm wrong here, but isn't saying that a player is having a good season and solid giving him his props?

Yes, my premise is that Macky has panned-out as a solid player but it's a shame it came at the expense of last season. That's not unreasonable. Very few offensive linemen are ready to perform at a high level as sophomores. It didn't help Macky that he was really undersized, and it shouldn't be surprising that he struggled. That struggle was problematic, because we had two other guys on that line that didn't perform well. Struggles by any player added to the team's difficulties performing last season. Maybe having one less struggle makes a difference. This is all reasonable, right?

Now, I jumped in on this thread because PeteCalvin wrote that all the haters are eating crow this season, and posts about all of the boards alleged "haters" annoy me somewhat. There's no spin here. If I made a mistake, it was getting sucked into this pointless discussion.

Someone said it a few weeks ago. This board is trending the way of modern political discourse. People are really eager to separate posters into camps, and for a lot of folks its more fun to thump chests yelling how right they are than actually talk about things.
Wow... and now other posters are attempting to separate folks into requisite camps? Chest thumping? Maybe your should have ended your essay with "it all depends what the definition of is...is." It would have made more sense.

You have to keep in mind that after more than 2,500 posts, your biases are here for every one to read. As a result, the intent of your original post was as transparent as hell.

Wow... and now other posters are attempting to separate folks into requisite camps? Chest thumping? Maybe your should have ended your essay with "it all depends what the definition of is...is." It would have made more sense.

You have to keep in mind that after more than 2,500 posts, your biases are here for every one to read. As a result, the intent of your original post was as transparent as hell.
:bang:

Sure, man. OK.

Macky is having a very good season.

It doesn't erase the limitations Macky posed last season though.

I'm glad he's a solid player. Ideally his development into that player wouldn't have come at the expense of last season.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Interesting point. How would you apply that concept to our current group of defensive backs? All of our guys make plays...sometimes...but get beaten a lot as well. Our run defense was stout against UConn, but it was pressure on their QB that interfered with their passing game. When the QB had time, there were "limitations" shown by our DB corps that resulted in good gains by UConn. Macky put on muscle and worked his technique between last and this season. It shows. I hope the DB's can get fast and work their technique more quickly than that. Any thoughts on Donnie Henderson and the DB's?

Is this sarcasm? I really don't know because it you are still saying Macky stinks (too small I get whatever that means but too slow? do you watch games?) then you really haven't been watching any games. All centers have an occassional bad snap out of the gun. This was, I think, Macky's first for the year. The kid is a heads up smart football player who puts in the time in the weight and film rooms. The constant mention of the size argument comes from people who know very little about football and probably have never played the game. Size does not equate strength and certainly does not take into account technique or leverage. Here's an idea. All of the macky skeptics can leave their names and addresses. We should be able to forward said names and addresses to Coach Mac. What would ensue I imagine would be highly entertaining for those not involved. If you were sarcastic, then I have to do a better job of reading posts.
Of course it was sarcasm. Macky is playing great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom