MacPherson too inconsisten | Syracusefan.com

MacPherson too inconsisten

orangencpolice

Starter
That #40 linebacker crushed Nassib. It appeared to be MacPherson's responsiblity to block him. I don't like him. I think he is too small and obviously not strong enough for his size. Unless he puts on 25 -30 pounds next year, we need another option (Trudo or ?). I know this was just one play but I think he is the weak link (not that any of them are All Americans) on the line. I just don't see how our Offensive line from last year went from good to this year being average (or poor). I hope this doesn't sound too negative but I am really frustrated. I hate watching this team lose after beating WVU. It really $ucks.

And the season has come full circle. Bashing Macky for being too small again.

The O-Line was pretty crappy last year too. Maybe replacing Tiller and Hay will help.

macky was NOT brought in to play center-he was a long snapper and got stuck as a center when the 2 real ones went down-

yes he stinks but he is better than trying to play with no center-

Yes but he might be the most overmatched center in the history of SU centers. Small and weak is no way to go through life if you plan to play D1 OL.

Macky does get pushed back occasionally and that is not good. To me, a much larger issue is Hay cannot handle the outside pass pages rush. He gets beat very frequently which is a primary reason why Nassib is under severe pressure all too often. In fairness, Hay seems to be more skilled at run blocking

Chibane is not much better on the inside for pass protection.

Hay's feet and in blocks of cement. Between the pressure coming up the middle and from the right side I'm surprised Nassib has time to throw at all.

Inconsistent? No - simply far too small, slow and weak to play center at this level. Probably a great kid - being Mac's grandson and all - but there is no way he should be a starting center on a D1 football team.

Is this bashing LeMoyneCuse? No - it is the truth that everyone sees but you I guess since you can't take anyone saying anything negative about anything orange. The kid is too small - too weak - too slow. Blame it on God for crying out loud. Nice kid - bleeds orange - we get it. Terrible center.

Macky is a top notch D1 center and does not shame the oline with his manner of play.

The fact that we cannot run up the gut to get a fricking yard shames the oline play. Macky is a nice D2 player but there is no way he should be starting for a D1 BCS conference school.

Is this bashing LeMoyneCuse? No - it is the truth that everyone sees but you I guess since you can't take anyone saying anything negative about anything orange. The kid is too small - too weak - too slow. Blame it on God for crying out loud. Nice kid - bleeds orange - we get it. Terrible center.

You've been posting on the board for like three days and you're calling me a homer? That's cute.

People have been bashing Macky since the spring. Too small. Legacy kid.

I don't know enough about how an offensive line works to have an opinion on him. There's some who say Macky is awful, while others say Chibane has been playing badly all season and making Macky look bad.

If Trudo is better next year, then start him. That's all that really needs to be said.

Macky's had issues but he's been far from our biggest problem on offense or even the offensive line.

macky was NOT brought in to play center-he was a long snapper and got stuck as a center when the 2 real ones went down-

yes he stinks but he is better than trying to play with no center-
We are playing with no Center now !!

I am the most objective poster here and if you can't see that, you better take off your orange-colored glasses, homer.

I don't even have "Orange" in my screenname, anyone who would is a H-O-M-E-R.

DX suck it.

Inconsistent? No - simply far too small, slow and weak to play center at this level. Probably a great kid - being Mac's grandson and all - but there is no way he should be a starting center on a D1 football team.

VirginiaOrange, I thought he played well verses WVU, but almost everybody did. I have watched him on some plays and he seems to know what he is doing mentally (in my opinion). On other plays (mostly linebacker or safety blitzes) he seems overwhelmed. I like the kid but he needs to get bigger and stronger.

You can't pin that OL performance solely on Macky. The tackles were overmatched the entire game. Pressure from the outsides was much more a problem on Saturday than up the middle. And, save for one play, Bailey whiffed all afternoon picking up the blitzes.

Tiller is a strength of the offensive line, if one can be found. Macky is simply overmatched, but so is Hay.

If we are to believe Coach Marrone that the best players play no matter who they are then we may see Trudo at center next year and Mackey will go back to the long snapper position. Only time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom