Made me laugh... | Syracusefan.com

Made me laugh...

Forza Azzurri

All American
My son is 11 so elite eights and final fours are the norm for him when it comes to SU hoops.

He and I were talking about why SU is not as good this year. I was telling him that our point guard is a freshman and many of our other players are not very experienced.

So he says, "Wasn't Ennis a freshman last year?"

I reply, "Yes but he was not a normal freshman."

Then he says, "Wasn't Carmelo Anthony a freshman when Syracuse won the championship."

I reply, "Yes, but he was one of the best players of all time."

Then he says,"Did Boeheim smile when he won the championship?"

I reply, "Yes. Why?"

He says, "'Cause Boeheim never smiles. I've never seen him smile. He always looks like you do when the dog poops in the house."

I was rolling.

Maybe it's just me. but I think these forums get funnier when we have average to bad teams.
I do, too! I believe it's called mordant humor, or black wit. Okay, here's a good example:

A horse thief was on the gallows in the Old West. He was asked if he had any last words. He thought and then said, "Waaalll, this shore was a mighty powerful lesson for me."

It's called gallows humor... or graveyard humor.
Literally - - gallows humor!

I often think of that joke when life rather rudely shows me that I could have made a better choice, and it puts everything in perspective for me. It has also become a family catch phrase.