Gadsden snap counts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gadsden snap counts

Fran was upset with him after the penalty. Actually, there were two penalty's.
I thought it was weird to be upset with him because it was a bad call. The punt returner was trying to pull a fast one so he got hit, what are you supposed to do, not hit a guy who is still acting like the play is going on?

Also I would be fine with a not using a guy many people think is a star wr ( sorry star te) to cover punts

I thought it was weird to be upset with him because it was a bad call. The punt returner was trying to pull a fast one so he got hit, what are you supposed to do, not hit a guy who is still acting like the play is going on?

Also I would be fine with a not using a guy many people think is a star wr ( sorry star te) to cover punts
Dude it was a ridiculous penalty. The kid was already tackled and the play was long blown dead. How could he not know that ?? He was not at all dialed in during the game. He also has 3 drops in the past 2 games

Dude it was a ridiculous penalty. The kid was already tackled and the play was long blown dead. How could he not know that ?? He was not at all dialed in during the game. He also has 3 drops in the past 2 games
Should ball carriers be allowed to keep running as if there is no whistle?

That's the only way Gadsden gets to the pros?
Where do you see him playing.

He doesnt play physical so would need to be a team that has a power TE as well for those sets.

he has speed but not elite TE speed like the others who play his type of TE in the NFL

I think he has pretty solid hands but then he also has 5-6 drops already.

He beats up on zone D with free release. So you put him on a team like Miami or Cinci where teams really key the WR1. Maybe like the Giants now if they had a QB.

if he shows he can be a solid WR3/TE2 option and can play specials more teams will look at him

He will get drafted, just saying he needs to show more to stick

Where do you see him playing.

He doesnt play physical so would need to be a team that has a power TE as well for those sets.

he has speed but not elite TE speed like the others who play his type of TE in the NFL

I think he has pretty solid hands but then he also has 5-6 drops already.

He beats up on zone D with free release. So you put him on a team like Miami or Cinci where teams really key the WR1. Maybe like the Giants now if they had a QB.

if he shows he can be a solid WR3/TE2 option and can play specials more teams will look at him

He will get drafted, just saying he needs to show more to stick
I mean coming into the season he was projected as a draft pick and the idea of him playing specials wasn't mentioned at all.

Does anyone have this?

It *seems* he’s off the field quite a bit for a star player and when he is we telegraph a run. Stanford did a pretty good job of doubling him and being physical which is why he was basically a non-factor, but we absolutely needed to find a way to get him more chances.

Someone has said he might be injured. I don’t buy that. If he is, you don’t play him on special teams (why do we do that again?).
Bees pointed out OG's snap count was down a bit this game but not as crazy as it felt real time.

Even more concerning though is the usage of Mang, as his snap count is telegraphing our entire offense.

Mang on field, 67% run rate

Mang off field, 85% pass rate

Nixon needs to get a grip on this.

BTW, Mang has graded at or below fail for 6 of the 8 run/pass block categories over the past 4 years (counting this years 3 games). Seems like a great kid, would be to happy to buy him a beer, but he has not been helpful to our offense over a variety of dimensions.

Last edited:

this would be a great stat to mention on the call-in show. Almost embarrassing to be honest. Steve can soften it up maybe but we need to make sure these coaches are aware.

Bees pointed out OG's snap count was down a bit this game but not as crazy as it felt real time.

Even more concerning though is the usage of Mang, not only is he continuing his poor blocking, but worse his snap count is telegraphing our entire offense.

BTW, Mang has graded at or below fail for 6 of the 8 run/pass block categories over the past 4 years (counting this years 3 games). Seems like a great kid, would be to happy to buy him a beer, but he has not been helpful to our offense over a variety of dimensions.
That's the pro style influence, dreams of the versatility of hybrid tight end matchup nightmares
When the reality of college football is they're never good to be better than just another wr parked way over there

Last edited:

Even more concerning though is the usage of Mang, not only is he continuing his poor blocking, but worse his snap count is telegraphing our entire offense.

Found this from ten years ago

good quote from tony franklin
"My whole deal with tight ends, I'd love to have a good tight end. But the key word is 'good.' I don't need a body just to be on the field to occupy the space. They need to be able to run. If I'm going to put somebody in the box to bring another defender in the box, they need to be able to block. If they can't block, why did I bring them into the box to bring another defender to have the guy get his butt whipped."

Yes a second before he threw it I screamed his name because it was the obvious route and read. He was just running straight towards the band like he had to save the trumpet player from a chandelier falling.
Villari should be stapled to the bench. What skillset does he bring to the offense at this point, exactly?

Even more concerning though is the usage of Mang, as his snap count is telegraphing our entire offense.

Mang too.

Gadsen should be on the field for every offensive snap. And get him the hell off special teams. My goodness.

Villari should be stapled to the bench. What skillset does he bring to the offense at this point, exactly?

Mang too.

Gadsen should be on the field for every offensive snap. And get him the hell off special teams. My goodness.
Unfortunately Mang definitely seems to be one of those guys that's a better football player in theory than practice.

Gadsen will make a roster and if in the proper system could be a productive player in the league. It also was a penalty, hence the reason Fran was yelling at the player and not the stripe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom