mahony | Syracusefan.com

mahony

Agreed, he was serviceable today. But he needs to learn to throw the ball away and not take the sack. I know at times he was running for his life, but I can't count how many times he had a chance to throw it away, but ended up tucking it and being tackled. Killed a lot of chances today.

Agreed, he was serviceable today. But he needs to learn to throw the ball away and not take the sack. I know at times he was running for his life, but I can't count how many times he had a chance to throw it away, but ended up tucking it and being tackled. Killed a lot of chances today.

agreed

love the guy. i always go with the underdog. ton of heart. but he throws a duck. wish we could have seen a few more designed runs. his strength.

Mahoney played well today. Filling in for Dungey is a big task. Dungey leaves very big shoes to fill. Mahoney made some really nice passes and he ran well at times too.

he did only thing i would critique him on is throw the ball away when you see its not there

It is impossible to do much better with the lack of run blocking from the O Line. NCS took away the quick game and, without any run game, it is hard to sustain drives. We are not going to win until we can run block.
  • Even with Dungey, we are 117th (out of 128) in rushing offense nationally.
  • We are 116th in red zone TD conversions.
  • We are 12th in passing.
  • We are 107th in scoring with only 23.3 ppg.
End of story.

Hold the ball too long, slow a foot for this league, and the reads stunk.

We really need a lot more talent in here. Other schools run out their 2s that looks like 1s for us.

We really need a lot more talent in here. Other schools run out their 2s that looks like 1s for us.

Agreed. Zach played to his ability, but anybody who thought the QBing was good yesterday, not quite sure what they were watching. And again, I like Mahoney and am glad he earned a scholie (and by no means am I faulting him the for L), but we need to strengthen our depth at the QB position (and pretty much everywhere else).

That's an understatement. Most of other schools no. 2 look like no one we have on the roster

Mahoney played very well. Got screwed on that touchdown called back due to "chop block". Could have tied it right there and who knows how things would have turned out.

We had 23 yards rushing.. Mahoney did as much as he could do. We would have had a great chance to win with Dungey in there but until the Oline matures and improves all of our QBs are sitting ducks.

If Devito is that good he should take the job from day 1 next year
is dungey going somewhere? devito won't be any good either w/o a decent line.we need the beef up front ol and dl. why is that so hard to grasp??????(not u personally)recruiting efforts should be focused on that imho.

clemson backup schuelsher (sp?) shredded us.
Rex and Tommy look forward to having those games as a backup as well."

Why don't we let the staff recruit a backup before criticizing the backups?

(No offense to Mahoney and Wilson, who have been great ambassadors to the Orange)

is dungey going somewhere? devito won't be any good either w/o a decent line.we need the beef up front ol and dl. why is that so hard to grasp??????(not u personally)recruiting efforts should be focused on that imho.
we have a bunch of OL redshirting this year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom