Mail a first rounder | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Mail a first rounder

I agree that a first round guarantee probably has MR hitting the ejector sea button, but on what are you basing the first part of your sentence?

Basically all the info out there and my impressions of him as a person. I am being judgmental without judging to clarify. I dont blame him in any way but my read on him is that its important to him on a personal level, pad his ego a bit, to be a one and doner but that he also will avoid making a disasterous choice. To me, this is slightly less about money in this particular situation although its always about money on some level. Just a bit different from say chris and donte.

Basically all the info out there and my impressions of him as a person. I am being judgmental without judging to clarify. I dont blame him in any way but my read on him is that its important to him on a personal level, pad his ego a bit, to be a one and doner but that he also will avoid making a disasterous choice. To me, this is slightly less about money in this particular situation although its always about money on some level. Just a bit different from say chris and donte.

I think he wants to come back, I think of you game him truth serum, he would tell you he isn't ready.

I think he wants to come back, I think of you game him truth serum, he would tell you he isn't ready.
if im an nba gm w a pick 20-32, i think hes the perfect type of prospect to take in that range.

Then why have so many now taken shots at Ford?

On this board or players/other media? I haven't followed this thread closely, frankly. I have heard various podcasts from Ford. He says he talks to GMs, is on the draft panel for the NBA Draft, and gets credentials to all the combine stuff. I generally believe what he is saying although who knows whether or not he is getting anything truthful from his sources. I do believe he is pretty connected though.

On this board or players/other media? I haven't followed this thread closely, frankly. I have heard various podcasts from Ford. He says he talks to GMs, is on the draft panel for the NBA Draft, and gets credentials to all the combine stuff. I generally believe what he is saying although who knows whether or not he is getting anything truthful from his sources. I do believe he is pretty connected though.

The problem w being connected is a gm would have to be an idiot to reveal exactly who you are picking.

dasher said:
I believe I said that it could change. And it could. He does great at the combine, or some G.M. says man, I will take Mali at 15 if he is available, and Mali is gone. But short of that, it is more likely than not, he comes back. I'm hearing that he leans that way. That is what I meant or thought I was saying.
good stuff Dash. More info than I'm hearing.

The problem w being connected is a gm would have to be an idiot to reveal exactly who you are picking.

For sure. I'm just saying the guy is connected unlike for instance the NBADraft.net dorks who are in their mom's basement and never get any media credentials to cover/attend any event.

For sure. I'm just saying the guy is connected unlike for instance the NBADraft.net dorks who are in their mom's basement and never get any media credentials to cover/attend any event.

So... you're saying that nbadraft.net is "garbage?" ; )

He is closer to being undrafted than he is the lottery by most experts accounts.

Those things are mutually exclusive. I dont think hes in the lottery and dont think he gets there.

So then more than likely he comes back.

With All due respect, you Are making no sense. Your last post was meaningless. Saying hes closer to out of the draft than in the lottery has very little to do with whether he would get drafted at all. Loose connection at best. Hes not a lottery pick to me but i tend to disagree w dasher that he comes back if hes not. However dasher has sources and i dont as i explained.

With All due respect, you Are making no sense. Your last post was meaningless. Saying hes closer to out of the draft than in the lottery has very little to do with whether he would get drafted at all. Loose connection at best. Hes not a lottery pick to me but i tend to disagree w dasher that he comes back if hes not. However dasher has sources and i dont as i explained.

You seem to think hes 100 percent gone, he is not a lock to get drafted if he keeps his name in.

You seem to think hes 100 percent gone, he is not a lock to get drafted if he keeps his name in.

Try again buddy. I said hes gone imho if he gets a first round guarantee. Feel free to disagree. But do not twist my words.

Try again buddy. I said hes gone imho if he gets a first round guarantee. Feel free to disagree. But do not twist my words.

He is not going to get a first round guarantee.

If he stays in the draft he is an absolute lock to be drafted. Maybe not in the first round but he'll get drafted.

I bet he does. Im just throwing my opinion out there based on what I see written. I think he wants to go badly and any first round guarantee gets it done.
That is not true.

I didn't say that he had to be a lottery pick. He doesn't have to be a lottery pick to go. What I disagree most with you is the idea that he really wants to go. Yeah, if the draft spot is right. But there is a reason that he didn't jump right in right away. Hey, if he is top 20, see ya. After that, touch and go.

How much is a "guarantee" worth in reality? Sounds like a very empty promise. Certainly unenforceable and likely full of caveats.

GM to Agent: "If he's still around at #20, we'd love to take him." (Is that even a guarantee?)

Couple possible scenarios:
1. A player who that team had originally ranked higher falls in the draft and is still available. Unless the team is opening up their entire ranking chart to the agent (which is beyond foolish) it is very easy to justify a last second change of heart.

2. Team trades their pick. Other than "upside", the most common phrase at the draft is "we have a trade to announce."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom