Major blown opportunity wow | Syracusefan.com

Major blown opportunity wow

Zepharus

Starter
Chukwu losing the ball and that ill advised hero 3 pointer from Howard. Sucks because they could have done it. If Im Battle im pissed... that was Howard wanting to play the hero

10 seconds left on the shot clock and you hoist a 25 footer?
That was the tough part down 2...there was time and they were penetrating for most of the game. I don't care if he takes the three but that wasn't needed.

You all don't think the real problem is more the screener in that play? Why have chukwu on the floor at all there? We can't win games like this going 4 on 5 on offense. Battle and Howard are talented, but not that much

Frank played a great game other than that final 3 ball attempt of his. Sucks that he missed. I wouldn't have minded if he was on the attack and had his defender on his heels, or if it was in rhythm. But he had just stumbled when he received the ball and then seemed like screw it, instead of moving the rock.

The drawn up play was busted. Frank was supposed to drive to the basket off of the screen, but Luke Maye backed off. I don't have a problem with the three. Howard played excellent tonight. If he would have made it, it would have been the perfect way to end the game for him.

Chukwu losing the ball and that ill advised hero 3 pointer from Howard. Sucks because they could have done it. If Im Battle im pissed... that was Howard wanting to play the hero

Howard hit 5 3’s. Battle made some big shots, but Howard was hot tonight.

I had a ton of confidence in Howard shooting that, tbh we had to win it with a three. OT wouldve been really hard with fatigue

Very true. Brissett was clearly gassed after his block of bery

10 seconds left on the shot clock and you hoist a 25 footer?
Battle missed one earlier - is he trying to be a hero too

Poor take
Exactly. Battle, Howard and Oshae all took I’ll advised 3 pointers with less than 2.5 minutes left when they should have been driving the ball. Don’t settle for 3s. Dammit! We had that game!

Howard hit 5 3’s. Battle made some big shots, but Howard was hot tonight.
But it wasn’t the right shot for that point in the game. Drive the ball to the basket!

I was fine with the shot. It was a decent look. He squared up and had the height advantage on berry. Play for the win. Trunk monkey had shot its wad. We weren’t beating them in OT.

Honestly with the way we close out games I’m just glad we put up any shot that hit the rim. Nothing is worse than losing on a turnover a la ND.

Howard’s been the better player in big play moments this year. If I’m Battle I’m working on my shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom