Make room for Larry Johnson and make him an offer | Syracusefan.com

Make room for Larry Johnson and make him an offer

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Pipe dream, but that would really be a catalyst for bigger things faster.

Ron Vanderlinden + Larry Johnson would be KILER with HCSS. The player development would be off the charts, the game planning would be elite, and with Georg McDonald as OC, our recruiting would be very, very good.

Why on earth would he ever come to Syracuse?

Obviously would love to somehow hire him, but what's the draw? What's the attraction? Why us?

well Daoust did coach in the secondary for a few years;)

I'll ask the question that many are thinking. Who is Larry Johnson and why would i want a washed up power forward coaching my football team. ;)

Because Grandmama is no joke ...

Larry-johnson-Aero-Glide-Converse-Ad.jpg

Sorry, but no thanks. I don't want to have anything to do with any of those guys who came through that house of horror.
I gotta agree. We don't need any Ped STains in CNY. Like I was happy we didn't take any of their players.

LJS can recruit like a sonofabitch, but I'll take Daoust 10 times out of 10 right now. He is a Shafer disciple and LJS would just butt heads with the D staff IMO.

If we could hire him as the "ST Coordinator", then hire that salesman yesterday.

LJS can recruit like a sonofabitch, but I'll take Daoust 10 times out of 10 right now. He is a Shafer disciple and LJS would just butt heads with the D staff IMO.

If we could hire him as the "ST Coordinator", then hire that salesman yesterday.

Daoust is the guy we should be worried about losing. He seems to be doing a great job with the DL, the kids like him, he is well respected. IMO, greater probability of losing Daoust than gaining LJ. Not to say that I wouldn't take LJ in a heartbeat. But, he is likely going to have his choice of opportunities to go recruit for one of the big Boys.

I expect Daoust to leave at some point, I was surprised he wasn't named DC from the start. He does however have associate head coach title and special teams. He might be making as much money as anyone on the staff.

Unfortunately there's no room at the inn, the two people you'd have to shuffle are bullough and/or douast and that ain't happening. I'd prefer to keep douast over anyone on the entire staff to begin with save Macdonald. Doaust gets it done recruiting as well.

I wouldn't have a problem with LJ I can't hold the guy responsible for anything that happened and I've never seen his name come up or even that testified had statements or anything

Why on earth would he ever come to Syracuse?

Obviously would love to somehow hire him, but what's the draw? What's the attraction? Why us?
There are only so many schools in close to where he's been working for the last billion years (PSU), and we're better than WVU and UMD, and on par with VT and Pitt. Why not? All of those schools are either worse or the same, and we're putting more money into facilities than they are (IPF). SUre, he could get a job pretty much anywhere, but my guess is that he is settled and SU is only a couple hours up the road.