Malik Brown - WV offer | Syracusefan.com

Malik Brown - WV offer

Marroniac

Starter
Malik Brown (@brownmalik99)
1/19/13, 5:46 PM
West Virginia just called and offered!!!

He sounds pretty excited about it.

Malik Brown (@brownmalik99)
1/19/13, 5:46 PM
West Virginia just called and offered!!!

He sounds pretty excited about it.
I only want him if he is excited about coming here. If he wants to go to school and play for a second rate team ,let him.

It's another nice offer to add to his already-impressive list. I hope Shafer & staff can lock his verbal down.It will be a good test of their recruiting abilities.

when someone verbals earlier and then a shiny new toy comes into play for a 17 yr old they will all get exicted...but i wouldnt call wvu a shiny new toy by any means...

The vultures are circling, but the host isn't dead yet.

when someone verbals earlier and then a shiny new toy comes into play for a 17 yr old they will all get exicted...but i wouldnt call wvu a shiny new toy by any means...
If by shiny and new you mean short bus and toothless...

If by shiny and new you mean short bus and toothless...
I clearely remember the WV game in 1987 sitting in the front row of section 251and looking over the rail ans seeing a WV fan in overalls hillbilly long beard and skunk drunk being led out by the Dome cops. Oh yeah he was wearing a WV shirt under the overalls.Apparebtly he was causing a problem because everyone below was cheering about as much as they did for Owens run later.

Why would any defensive player want to play in the Big 12? Are there any good defenses in that conference?

"hey, Malik, come to WVU and you can chase a guy around the field while Baylor puts up 63 on us."

image.jpg

Don't worry guys, talking sense into em

Erik Slaughter a defensive line coach is his recruiter at WVU. He was hired in February of 2012.

He's looking at Malik to be a hybrid DE/OLB'er

Here is something I'm sure Slaughter is not proud of but is a stain that won't go away:

"Slaughter does have one blemish on his resume, having been placed on administrative leave and then resigning from his post at a high school in Texas in 2008. That stemmed from an incident that is now more than 20 years old, when Slaughter, then a 21-year-old student teacher, admitted having a relationship with an 18-year-old high school student.

The incident was brought up 18 years later when Slaughter tried to change high school coaching jobs in 2008. He instead resigned and took the job at Texas A&M-Commerce. WVU athletic director Oliver Luck said that Slaughter passed all of the university's background checks."

He has extensive experience recruiting the state of Texas having served as the D-line coach at Stephen F. Austin for three years before joining WVU.

"Slaughter served as defensive line coach at Stephen F. Austin for the past three years. Before that, he spent one season as defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Texas A&M Commerce and three as linebackers and strength and conditioning coach at Houston."

Linky

WVU Bio

Malik Brown@brownmalik99
Just got off the phone with coach Clark Lea the new linebackers coach at Syracuse
I really like that Lea is taking an aggressive approach by calling Brown right after he returned from his visit to Morgantown. Sometimes in the past it would appear that our recruiting was a little too laissez faire.

Since Lea is contacting him, he's projected to be an LB for us and not a DE?

Since Lea is contacting him, he's projected to be an LB for us and not a DE?

Could be a number of things. First is that I suspect Lea will be a 'southern' recruiter since he's from Tennessee and graduated from Vandy. Whether that applies to the state of Florida I don't know but I'll make the assumption because Shafer isn't going to be a lead recruiter anymore and Shaf recruited Florida.

Second is that this could be an 'all hands on deck' situation where coaches are calling and introducing themselves to everybody. Keeping in mind we're short staffed right now.

Could be a number of things. First is that I suspect Lea will be a 'southern' recruiter since he's from Tennessee and graduated from Vandy. Whether that applies to the state of Florida I don't know but I'll make the assumption because Shafer isn't going to be a lead recruiter anymore and Shaf recruited Florida.

Second is that this could be an 'all hands on deck' situation where coaches are calling and introducing themselves to everybody. Keeping in mind we're short staffed right now.

I think you nailed it in your second paragraph. No time to worry about territories just get your @ss out there and everyone do the best they can.

Believe he's on the verge of getting offered by NCState as well.

I was waiting for that one... Its a tweet, hardly think the NCAA is going to sanction us over a tweet, ecspecially when you consider the mass amount of tweets from fans from other school. Not a big deal.
Are you fake HCSS too?

I was waiting for that one... Its a tweet, hardly think the NCAA is going to sanction us over a tweet, ecspecially when you consider the mass amount of tweets from fans from other school. Not a big deal.

It is a big deal to SU. Posters on this site are asked not to communicate with recruits at all. Nada, zero, zip. It doesn't matter what others do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom