Malik Brown - WV offer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Malik Brown - WV offer

I was waiting for that one... Its a tweet, hardly think the NCAA is going to sanction us over a tweet, ecspecially when you consider the mass amount of tweets from fans from other school. Not a big deal.
cornell got sanctioned for giving a player a nickle to buy a soda in a vending machine and for letting a student ride up a hill in a car. those arent even recruiting related.

Fans are considered boosters if they have purchased a single ticket for any SU sporting event, donated money to the athletic department, joined the Orange Pack, etc. Contacting a recruit in any manner - whether by phone, in person, on Twitter, Facebook, etc., is a recruiting violation. You can follow them on social media sites, but cannot communicate with them. Communications must be done by the athletic department, who are familiar with the rules. Do NOT communciate with recruits or potential recruits, nor provide them with anything of value!

NC State is definitely becoming the Rutgers of the South.

Malik Brown@brownmalik99
Just got off the phone with coach McNutt from NC State #Wolfpack

I keep charts on who's offered our kids. How many new offers has Malik added besides West Virginia? Has Tenny and NC State now offered?

It is a big deal to SU. Posters on this site are asked not to communicate with recruits at all. Nada, zero, zip. It doesn't matter what others do.

People have to stop doing that.

People have to stop doing that.
I think this is a very important issue.
Perhaps one of the admins of this site should post a "Do Not Communicate With Recruits" thread that is always kept at the top of this recruiting board.

One would have to imagine that the people who are tweeting/communicating to recruits at least frequent this forum.

Let's let the recruiters recruit!

just curious(i havent done it but have wondered) what if you respond to any tweet they make but isnt about coming to su like sports in general

just curious(i havent done it but have wondered) what if you respond to any tweet they make but isnt about coming to su like sports in general

I find this particular issue interesting, that is, the issue of fans tweeting recruits and recruits re-tweeting fans messages, etc., etc.

Imho, it is an unenforceable infraction which cannot be regulated by the NCAA or the individual universities. Thus, no enforceable penalties. There is the primary problem of them having no proof of identity of either the tweeter or the twetee (if that is the word) and almost no ability to obtain that information unless a crime is alleged to have been committed. Imagine a world where you could set up fake twitter accounts and correspond with rivals recruits in order to get them or the University in trouble. If you really give it some critical thought you can see the myriad of problems with enforcement. Yet another example of technology outpacing the ability to properly regulate.

Thus, I do believe social media is here to stay and fans, like it or not, will continue to have dialogue with recruits/players in the harmless fashion it mostly happens now, that being the typical, "Come to School X, you'll be the man. We've put Player A and B in the NFL. Blah, blah, blah, etc. etc.

I don't do it (twitter, facebook, etc.) and don't know its actual impact on recruiting or the process of recruiting but i know its everywhere and is expanding exponentially. Just my thoughts. Sorry if it was off topic. An interesting subject to me.

It is a big deal to SU. Posters on this site are asked not to communicate with recruits at all. Nada, zero, zip. It doesn't matter what others do.
I remember when fans who tried to ingratiate themselves with athletes were called "jock sniffers." Isn't this the electronic version?

I remember when fans who tried to ingratiate themselves with athletes were called "jock sniffers." Isn't this the electronic version?

I was under the impression that there are new rule changes coming soon where all of the electronic contacts and social media were not going to be regulated at all and unlimited contacts are going to be allowed.

Has been in the works for a while to my understanding, see below.

http://www.stack.com/2013/01/22/ncaa-recruiting-rules/

Not sure what the rules here are for posting links.

I wonder if Marrone going to the NFL has more schools looking at our recruits, not just because he left but because the NFL thought enough of Doug to hire him? Common sense would say that schools that really never looked seriously into our recruits may be looking a lot more closely than before and I'm pretty sure Brown has benefited from this.

There is no way I believe he'll flip because of Shafer, but we'll have to see if he takes any remaining visits. He's got 2 available and besides NCState, Tennessee has put some pressure on him.

I was under the impression that there are new rule changes coming soon where all of the electronic contacts and social media were not going to be regulated at all and unlimited contacts are going to be allowed.

I think the article predicts that there will be more contact with recuits via social media allowed by the athletic department and by more members of the school's staff than just the coach - I don't see anything in the article that implies that boosters can get more invovled in recruiting.

Last I checked, he has no offer from UT but is interested in them.

Is it ok if I still tweet Lennay Kukua even though she's fictitious and dead ?

Last I checked, he has no offer from UT but is interested in them.

Is it ok if I still tweet Lennay Kukua even though she's fictitious and dead ?
She's dead?!?! Great, first my grandmother and now my online girlfriend, what's next, at least I still have Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

There is no way I believe he'll flip because of Shafer, but we'll have to see if he takes any remaining visits. He's got 2 available and besides NCState, Tennessee has put some pressure on him.
I hope you're right. Even though the recruiting services don't have Brown ranked particularly high, he has a really impressive list of offers.

She's dead?!?! Great, first my grandmother and now my online girlfriend, what's next, at least I still have Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

Sorry to break it to you Fog. Well, at least we still have Sidd Finch.

Yeah, but I am a Yankee fan.
Sad very sadThe Yankees are rapidly becoming the most boring franchise out there.After this year's absence in the WS,I presume Giardi will fall to the headsman's ax. If Cashman's hands are tied up I can't blame him just yet. Its going to depend on how they break camp and head north. Will there be any kids in the lineup or is it going to be another geezer parade in the stadium.?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom