man listen to Pitino throw his players under the bus | Syracusefan.com

man listen to Pitino throw his players under the bus

Sounds like Calipari. If they lose, it's because "the players don't listen/haven't bought in".

Was just going to say that Mitchell should go pro this summer

Players didn't execute what he was coaching, that's why they lost
Said it was nothing physical it's mental concentration could've been a lot worse he said their effort was A+

Said it was nothing physical it's mental concentration could've been a lot worse he said their effort was A+
He said they lost because they didn't do what they were supposed to do.

I didn't see anything wrong with what he said.

I agree. Paid his players high compliments in giving A+ effort, wanting to win so badly, etc. But detailed the fact how key UM guys always go right and how they allowed them to do that defensively, along with running into screens, etc. Just mental concentration breakdowns to game plan strategies and fundamentals. Mentioned how struggles on offense bled into the defensive lapses as well, i.e. running into screens as mentioned, etc.

Louisville lost the game when they were up 9 with about 14 minutes and didn't score another fg for about 7-8 minutes. Meanwhile, the offensive woes (as Pitino eluded to) bled into their defense as UM scored on 6 or 7 straight possessions.

Sounds like Calipari. If they lose, it's because "the players don't listen/haven't bought in".

These coaches are pretty much all incredibly insecure.

Though the working conditions of having tens of thousands of people who know way less about your job than you do constantly trying to critique you has to be a big cause.

I think coaches shouldn't get thrown under the bus for throwing players under the bus who the coach feels did not meet his in-game expectations. The coach has that right. Would you rather Pitino stroll up to the podium with all the usual losing coach cliches? I'll take the honesty, as brutal as it may be.

I think coaches shouldn't get thrown under the bus for throwing players under the bus who the coach feels did not meet his in-game expectations. The coach has that right. Would you rather Pitino stroll up to the podium with all the usual losing coach cliches? I'll take the honesty, as brutal as it may be.
yep, agreed

The way I heard it I don't come out of it saying that at all

Yeah, I thought he went out of his way to say the effort, and enthusiasm was always there and couldn't be questioned. Just that they tend to get focused on their offensive games and neglect the defensive end. I'm not sure that was throwing anyone under the bus.

This loss is on Pitino. I'm ready for a change. No wonder why his players gave up. He throws them under the bus. His scheme is outdated. We need new blood in the program.

Yeah, I thought he went out of his way to say the effort, and enthusiasm was always there and couldn't be questioned. Just that they tend to get focused on their offensive games and neglect the defensive end. I'm not sure that was throwing anyone under the bus.

It wasn't.

This loss is on Pitino. I'm ready for a change. No wonder why his players gave up. He throws them under the bus. His scheme is outdated. We need new blood in the program.
Why do people think these jokes are clever when they are made about the defending National Champion one seeded Villanova or the #2 seeded Louisville, who are year in/year out Title contenders?

Why do people think these jokes are clever when they are made about the defending National Champion one seeded Villanova or the #2 seeded Louisville, who are year in/year out Title contenders?
That's exactly the point. Some posters just constantly bash everything about a coach/players when the team isn't as successful. As if some personal injustice has been done to them. And furthermore, if jb lost early as a 1 or 2 seed I'm sure you'd have your pitchfork ready.

I didn't hear what he said post game but I can definitely say they lost that game because they didn't listen to him. At halftime he said "if we lose this game it'll be going to the basket." That is a pretty clear indication of what he thought they should do. Then in the second half his guys jacked up 3 after 3 in the critical minutes while their lead evaporated, missing 8 in a row. All the while letting Michigan get to the basket with ease AND giving up bombs. Now, why he couldn't rein his guys in, I have no idea. But I know what they did in he second half is not what he told them to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom