Man tech laying the wood to baylor | Syracusefan.com

Man tech laying the wood to baylor

Baylor awful on both ends. 20 pt lead wow. TTU is not good at all either.

Baylor with 4 defensive boards in the 1st half and getting outworked 22-11 overall in rebounding. Tech shooting 62% Baylor shooting 26%. Sheesh.

don't worry this won't stop some cuse fans from complaining that we aren't winning on the road by big enough margins.

ehhh... weve been struggling at home too.

it doesnt make posters bad people for pointing out clear shortcomings.

i love the cuse.

i love the cuse.
Struggling at home? Please tell me you're kidding...

Last edited:

i love the cuse.

Yeah--didn't you guys see that last home game where we struggled against UNC?

RPI-Scharpyeye! Just win baby!
(Also Ken Pom, Schmen Pom).

easy guys... didnt mean for people to take it so literal.

but its not like we have been dominant at home. We had slow starts vs UNC and Nova, played poorly vs cornell 1st half, fordham 2nd half, colgate f0r 15 min, st francis, high point for a half, and even let emu control us for a 10-15 min stretch to make things interesting in the 2nd half.

thats 7 of 11 games with no research that we have struggled in. we certainly havent set the world on fire at home.

but thats not a complaint. just pointing it out in a response.

17-0 is 17-0

easy guys... didnt mean for people to take it so literal.

but its not like we have been dominant at home. We had slow starts vs UNC and Nova, played poorly vs cornell 1st half, fordham 2nd half, colgate f0r 15 min, st francis, high point for a half, and even let emu control us for a 10-15 min stretch to make things interesting in the 2nd half.

thats 7 of 11 games with no research that we have struggled in. we certainly havent set the world on fire at home.

but thats not a complaint. just pointing it out in a response.

17-0 is 17-0
Looking at a 40 min game in 10 min segments as opposed to 40 min is just odd. No basketball team is simply going to win every minute on the floor. To turn that into "we've struggled at home" is a real stretch.

Its all relative for a 17-0 team... but our fiercest challenges have been at home this year against two modest opponents - Miami and St. Francis.

Doesn't constitute struggling however.

RPI-Scharpyeye! Just win baby!
(Also Ken Pom, Schmen Pom).

To be fair to KenPom, Baylor was a team he saw as overrated and not a top 25 team before last night. Created some concern for Baylor, but my eyes told me KP was not accurately capturing the value of Baylor.

As an opponent of Baylor, we want to see them as good as possible. They had quality wins which is typically the best indicator - over Colorado (but that was the first game of the year), and at home vs Kentucky (but many will throttle Cal from their home court). But they also had many close calls against subpar opponents which should be a warning, and were handled relatively easily by elite teams, namely Syracuse and Iowa St.

Looking at a 40 min game in 10 min segments as opposed to 40 min is just odd. No basketball team is simply going to win every minute on the floor. To turn that into "we've struggled at home" is a real stretch.

All the games i referenced were close games in the 2nd half.

and with nearly every game... it becomes a trend at some point.

"Baylor has a team with all that talent that is good enough to get a coach fired"-Dan Dakich

Scott Drew can get the groceries, but is he good enough to take those groceries and put together a 5 star course meal? His ingredients are too good to make something, but will he get everything that should get out of his talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom