Man tech laying the wood to baylor | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Man tech laying the wood to baylor

CusefanATL said:
All the games i referenced were close games in the 2nd half. and with nearly every game... it becomes a trend at some point.

At what point though? There were 2 that were close in the determinative moment of the game.

This is not a trend...struggling at home. Slow starts...that's probably a trend.

Is that the same Texas Tech team Pitt beat by 23? Must not be because we didn't play anyone good.

Is that the same Texas Tech team Pitt beat by 23? Must not be because we didn't play anyone good.
I didn't know you beat Texas Tech down in Lubbock, and I guess by Transitive property I guess Pitt sucks because we beat Cal on a neutral floor who beat your best non-conference win Stanford at Stanford. I mean give it up your non-conference schedule gives Charmin stuffs and giggles for how soft it was. You played nobody on their home court, and only played Stanford, Cincinnati, Texas Tech, Penn State from BCS conferences. You should lose points as well for playing a 44-43 game on national TV.

I mean give it up your non-conference schedule gives Charmin stuffs and giggles for how soft it was. You played nobody on their home court, and only played Stanford, Cincinnati, Texas Tech, Penn State from BCS conferences. You should lose points as well for playing a 44-43 game on national TV.

yeah, their non-con schedule sucks (283rd in the nation) but we should not be throwing stones when we are ranked 212

yeah, their non-con schedule sucks (283rd in the nation) but we should not be throwing stones when we are ranked 212
We played Minnesota, California, Baylor in Maui they played Houston, Stanford in Barclay's-Advantage Syracuse
We played Indiana at home, they played Penn State at home- Advantage Syracuse
We played Villanova, @St. John's, they played Cincinnati at MSG- Advantage Syracuse
According to RealtimeRPI Syracuse has 5 $ non-conference wins, and 2 $$ non-conference wins, Pitt has 1 $ wins and 0 $$ wins.
Conference play Pitt has 3 $ wins, and Syracuse 2 $ wins.

$- equal top 100 RPI win, $$ top 25 RPI win.

Pitt has beaten nobody and this jabroni needs to , and go away unless he is going to take about the actual game, and none of this crap.

We played Minnesota, California, Baylor in Maui they played Houston, Stanford in Barclay's-Advantage Syracuse
We played Indiana at home, they played Penn State at home- Advantage Syracuse
We played Villanova, @St. John's, they played Cincinnati at MSG- Advantage Syracuse
According to RealtimeRPI Syracuse has 5 $ non-conference wins, and 2 $$ non-conference wins, Pitt has 1 $ wins and 0 $$ wins.
Conference play Pitt has 3 $ wins, and Syracuse 2 $ wins.

$- equal top 100 RPI win, $$ top 25 RPI win.

Pitt has beaten nobody and this jabroni needs to , and go away unless he is going to take about the actual game, and none of this crap.

Of course I know who we both played . . . but the reality is that our non conference SOS is 212 (pomeroy, which IMO is vastly superior to RPI). That's a fact and IMO it is not nearly high enough to berate anyone else, even if it is marginally better.

We have beaten everyone in our path, and that is great, but let's not pretend that our path has been that arduous.

Of course I know who we both played . . . but the reality is that our non conference SOS is 212 (pomeroy, which IMO is vastly superior to RPI). That's a fact and IMO it is not nearly high enough to berate anyone else, even if it is marginally better.

We have beaten everyone in our path, and that is great, but let's not pretend that our path has been that arduous.
I agree we haven't played a Kansas non-conference schedule, but I can't stand when trolls cherry pick one stat that is irrelevant. He wants to say Texas Tech beating Baylor at home makes Pitt's schedule look better than I say back to him I guess Cal beating Stanford at Stanford means their best win means even less.

we have 5 wins against pomeroy top 50 (and almost 6, indiana is 54), pitt has 1. thats a fact.

Its posts from Pitt fans that make me really wish this board had buttons for "Like", "Dislike", and "Nuclear Strike"

Pitt basketball NCAA tournament seeds under Dixon
2004 3 seed- lost in the sweet 16- met expectations exactly
2005 9 seed- lost in the first round- met expectations exactly
2006 5 seed- lost in the 2nd round to 13 seed technically met expectations, but LOST TO a 13 seed thus under expectations
2007 3 seed- lost in the sweet 16- met expectations
2008 4 seed- lost in the 2nd round- under-achieved
2009 1 seed lost in the elite eight- under-achieved and this is career year.
2010 3 seed- lost in the 2nd round- under-achieved
2011 1 seed- lost in the 2nd round- under-achieved
2012- CBI Champs:) damn straight
2013- 9 seed- lost in the 1st round- met expectations.

4 met expectation season, 6 under-achieving seasons.

NEVER in Jaime Dixon's career have any of his teams exceeded their expectation in the NCAA tournament. However, because Dixon is 10-4 against Syracuse god damn it we suck even though we have 2 Final Fours, 1 National Championships, 1 Elite Eight, 4 Sweet 16's during that time frame, and Jaime Dixon says their program is by far the most successful in the Big East when they won a whoppy 1 more game than us during that time frame. Congrats Pitt your the Oakland A's under of Billy Beane of College Basketball. You win regular season games and nothing when the lights are on.

Have a Nice Day!:D

Congrats, Pitt fan you own Syracuse in the regular season, but have nothing nationally.

And you guys cry about fouls that haven't been called for 12 years. If you don't think that is weird that the refs have had it out for Syracuse and every team we play for 12 years then you are certifiably insane.

And you guys cry about fouls that haven't been called for 12 years. If you don't think that is weird that the refs have had it out for Syracuse and every team we play for 12 years then you are certifiably insane.
Just go away what crap. We have lost 10 of 14 to Pittsburgh Congrats. I don't think you get trophies for 1 regular season win. SU has beat Pitt the 2 times we played at MSG in the BET w/Jaime Dixon. Your last Big East game was a lost to Syracuse.

Your program has failed to beat expectations 1 TIME in 10 years under Jaime Dixon. 1 freaking time you haven't gone further than you should have. Syracuse loses regular season games to Pitt I don't really care that much since everyone loses regular season basketball games, but your program acts as if you are elite when your arch-rival West Virginia Mountaineers have 2 Elite 8's, 1 Final Four in the last decade and all you have is that 2009 Elite 8 where you barely beat a Xavier team in the sweet 16. Congrats, on the regular season success it means SQUAT. Syracuse has had What losses in the NCAA Tournament, but we have the 2003 NC, and 2013 Final Four. I don't give a crap if we lose Saturday as we are a NC contender win or lose on Saturday, but Pitt on the other hand like Clockwork will lose 2nd round or if they are lucky in the sweet 16 like they always do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom