Manahattan College job is open | Syracusefan.com

Manahattan College job is open

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
Manhattan College, located in the Bronx, needs a new head coach with Steve Masiello going to USF.

Do we know of any Bronx-familiar assistants who might be good for this job?

AA is a little too inexperienced but I imagine his name will come up more than once.

Masiello to USF? Yikes. I thought he would actually have a shot at a good job.

Ron Sanchez, who's the Ass't coach for our bigs, is a City guy, too. May be from Washington Heights in Manhattan, though.

That is a strange move, would have thought he could have done a lot better than usf.

Masiello has been a Head Coach for 3yrs, won his conference once, and made 1 NCAA tournament appearance in which he lost; I was impressed with him vs. Ville but I think it would be hard to justify a school like BC or Wake going after him so early. USF is a good spot that could get him the bigger job he's looking for in a few years.

Masiello has been a Head Coach for 3yrs, won his conference once, and made 1 NCAA tournament appearance in which he lost; I was impressed with him vs. Ville but I think it would be hard to justify a school like BC or Wake going after him so early. USF is a good spot that could get him the bigger job he's looking for in a few years.
Pitino does a great job of connecting and advocating for his former assistant coaches and helping them get better jobs. And when they get them their teams usually do well.

hey maybe juli would like to move to manhattan. easy 10 year contract.penthouse suite. no stress. just saying.

AA is a little too inexperienced but I imagine his name will come up more than once.
I agree. Red was a legend at St. Nicholas of Tolentine in the Bronx where they won the NYC and State titles in '88 and was a Mickey D All American '90. If he had some more seasoning as a Div 1 coach he would be a great fit at Manhattan.