Mandel and Feldman both have us going bowling... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mandel and Feldman both have us going bowling...

This current team is better than ND
A lot of people would disagree with you.

It’s hard to tell. We beat a down FSU, a middle MAC team, and an fcs team.

ND is #8 in the country. They struggled with Vandy (looking at the score), and Ball State kept it close. But they also knocked off #19 Michigan at home.

Thinking through it,
3-0: Done +3

UConn & UNC: Layups +2 (5-0)

Clemson & ND: Really hard -2 (5-2)

BC, NCSU, WF, UL, and Pitt: All tossups, where we’re probably slightly below the group’s average. +2, -3

I can see 7-5, with an outside shot at 8-4. We’ve done well in bowls recently (K-State, MN, and WVU), so I think that we have a really great shot at 8 wins (7-5 w a loss it balanced out by 8-4 with a win). All-in-all, going 8-5 would be extremely promising, given that we’ve only had 2 full recruiting cycles under this system (the first class was truncated).

I think that the fear is a late season slide.

At this point all the games are winnable except Clemson

Thinking through it,

BC, NCSU, WF, UL, and Pitt: All tossups, where we’re probably slightly below the group’s average. +2, -3

I can see 7-5, with an outside shot at 8-4. We’ve done well in bowls recently (K-State, MN, and WVU), so I think that we have a really great shot at 8 wins (7-5 w a loss it balanced out by 8-4 with a win). All-in-all, going 8-5 would be extremely promising, given that we’ve only had 2 full recruiting cycles under this system (the first class was truncated).

The D has to show up in the latter third of the season unlike the last few years. I think we do it with our db depth. Think the lbs will still have growing pains, but still see 8-4;)

Thinking through it,

UL currently down 14-0 to a winless Western Kentucky team. I'd consider that a strong favorite matchup there.

Thinking through it,

You have a reasonable basis for your concern, history is against ED playing a full season.

I think the fear of a late season slide is greatly reduced:
1) The recruits are proving up
2) Depth is increasing
3) We have a solid back up QB (or 2 or 3)
4) The offense is clicking
5) We have a couple talented running backs and a couple solid guys

Just my take.

I’ll go with 7-5 based on what we’ve seen.
Future wins are Uconn, UNC, and Lou will be when we get bowl eligible. It’s also possible we can get to six by NC State. It would be great to play November games not to just get to six, but rather have it already clinched and instead push for 7-9 wins and a stronger bowl.

I’ll go with 7-5 based on what we’ve seen.
Future wins are Uconn, UNC, and Lou will be when we get bowl eligible. It’s also possible we can get to six by NC State. It would be great to play November games not to just get to six, but rather have it already clinched and instead push for 7-9 wins and a stronger bowl.

I’d take it. Anything else is gravy.

I'll start predicting how many wins we end up with once we get to 6.

At this point all the games are winnable except Clemson
It's a long shot. I mean a huge long shot... But Clemson is a winnable game. Bryant got hurt today didn't seem too serious but could linger.

Again almost an impossible task. But they aren't close to Bama right now IMO. Also barely beat a pretty meh Texas A & M team.

I'm going to predict 4-0.

Anything beyond that is pointless right now. This thread was 30-days old, some very real assertions at that point are laughable now.

The ACC division makeup is a joke and always has been. The Coastal is so watered down compared to the Atlantic that it’s not even funny. Nothing will change as long as UNC’s boy Swofford is commissioner.

Anyone think he wants Carolina facing Clemson, FSU, and Louisville every year? Add in very improved teams in NCSU, Wake, and Boston College (with Syracuse not far behind) and it’s easy to see what’s what.

Babers is doing a great job fielding a tough as nails team in his short tenure. If he can get to the point where he’s consistently recruiting high 3 and 4 star players, the sky’s the limit for Orange football.

The Coastal Division's TOP SECRET code name is the "Irish Division". ;)

Of course ND full time continues to be fool's gold, but fools will continue to be fools.

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom