Manning, Roethlisberger and Rivers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Manning, Roethlisberger and Rivers

If you adjust Plunkett's stats for era he definitely compares.
He was barely a starting QB.

Only 8 years was he over 10 games.

Im guessing the raiders have honored him somehow, if not they should.

On the edit: 1982 there was only 9 games because of strike. Still he was a glorified backup,

He’s nick foles, but not as good.

Last edited:
Plunkett.

This stupid argument again??

Plunkett has no shot.

Zero.

He was a horrible regular season QB.

2 things puts 1 in the HOF

- stats
- rings

And stats are used to stamp credibility on rings.

Eli checks both those boxes.

Plunkett does not.
Pluckett career regular season record is 72-72 and he was the QB for 2 SB winners.

Eli is 116-116 with 2 SB titles.

Pluckett played in an era QBs were abused.

Pluckett career regular season record is 72-72 and he was the QB for 2 SB winners.

Eli is 116-116 with 2 SB titles.

Pluckett played in an era QBs were abused.
80 fluckin 8 less games.

Don’t care.

80 fluckin 8 less games.

Don’t care.
Eli is going to get in because of the NY media the guy has been average his entire career. He is a baseball player who hits 250 in the regular season and then was good in 2 postseasons.

But New York Giants are convinced that .250 is actually .325 and none of the blame is his fault.

Eli is going to get in because of the NY media the guy has been average his entire career. He is a baseball player who hits 250 in the regular season and then was good in 2 postseasons.

But New York Giants are convinced that .250 is actually .325 and none of the blame is his fault.
Dude, come on.

If he retired 2 years ago, his regular season record wouldn’t matter and his stats would stll be stellar.

Don’t overlook that Walter Payton Award either. As the world gets more thin skinned and weak spined, that will look like an MVP.

Ryan Clark hates the Giants.

And those Giant receivers u mentioned all sucked, were past their prime or hadn’t Eli elevate them for a year till their flaws were exposed and they ended up out of the league quick
You take that back about Amani

Dude, come on.

If he retired 2 years ago, his regular season record wouldn’t matter and his stats would stll be stellar.

Don’t overlook that Walter Payton Award either. As the world gets more thin skinned and weak spined, that will look like an MVP.
If he retired 2 years ago he would be a better candidate for the HOF. The HOF is the best place for the best of the best. The guy has gone 8-25 in his last 33 starts. QBs get the credit and the blame.

Eli won 2 SBs those are the biggest part of his resume. Eli has no black ink on his NFL reference page except INTs 3 times.

It is fine to acknowledge the guy has a great career but he was never one of the best at his position. Matthew Stafford has played 5 less years than Eli. If he plays those 5 years his numbers will pass Eli's. Eli is closer to Stafford than he is top the QBs of this generation.

Stafford isn't a HOFer.

He’s the ‘past their prime’ I’m speaking of.
Eli had plenty of weapons after Plaxico and Toomer.
Hakeem Nicks/Victor Cruz/Mario Manningham/Steve Smith. Those guys had number one/number two WR numbers.
Blame your GM for not resigning Smith after he went for 107 receptions and 1,220 yards.

Amani's production was replaced by Hakeem Nicks.
Go look at Nicks did in your 2011 postseason run.
He should thank Eli for still going to him.

I’m guessing he dropped 40 balls that year.

That’s being conservative and nice because he’s a Champion too.

Eli had plenty of weapons after Plaxico and Toomer.
Hakeem Nicks/Victor Cruz/Mario Manningham/Steve Smith. Those guys had number one/number two WR numbers.
Blame your GM for not resigning Smith after he went for 107 receptions and 1,220 yards.
The GM was an idiot, but that was a smart call.

I look at it a little different than others. Here is how look at QB's. Can they go on the road, in a real tough place, and win. Can they get you to a big game and win. Stats are tough because they all play in different weather and environments. A dome qb should have better stats than a qb that plays outside. A player that plays out west or down south, where lets face it, the north and the east have it a lot tougher because of weather, well, the player in the west or the south, should have better stats. I watched Eli go to SF and take a beating like I have never seen before. He stayed in and the Giants won in OT. He went to green bay in the freezing cold and won there. And his two MVP wins in the Super Bowl against two great Pats teams, I would take Eli every day over Rivers. Really, for me, it's accomplishments vs stats.

Peter King on Eli's HOF chances

Peter King on Eli's HOF chances

Care to give a summary I don't like giving the wagger of fingers a click.

Peter King is the biggest DB covering football. Such a toolbag.

Peter was always my 1st read on Monday Morning but Albert Breer has passed him. I'm sure you love Breer since he's such a Pats homer. I still enjoy him more anyway and despite SI apparently not having editors on staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom