Manning to Denver, Tebow out. | Syracusefan.com

Manning to Denver, Tebow out.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Peyton Manning will sign with the Broncos "barring an unexpected snag in contract talks."

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Broncos will try to trade Tim Tebow following the official signing of free agent Peyton Manning.

http://twitter.com/#/AdamSchefter

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Peyton Manning will sign with the Broncos "barring an unexpected snag in contract talks."

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Broncos will try to trade Tim Tebow following the official signing of free agent Peyton Manning.

http://twitter.com/#/AdamSchefter

Surprised they wouldn't keep Tebow and have Manning mentor him for 2 or 3 years until he retires. Tebow may not have great mechanics, but he knows how to make plays to win games. And he is insanely popular.

Surprised they wouldn't keep Tebow and have Manning mentor him for 2 or 3 years until he retires. Tebow may not have great mechanics, but he knows how to make plays to win games. And he is insanely popular.
Denver thinking: Tebow-mania <<<<< PEYTON F***ING MANNING.

Seriously, I'm not sure Peyton could teach him anything...he just is not an NFL quarterback.

Denver was a mediocre team last year that got lucky in a very weak division. They had a point differential of -81 which was the eight worst point differential in the NFL last year. They had the 24th ranked scoring offense, 20th ranked total defense, 18th ranked passing defense, 22nd ranking rushing defense, and I can list about 1000 other facts which give a pretty good indication that Denver was a fluky, mediocre team that needed a lot of luck to win games last year. The ONLY thing they did well was running the ball and Tebow played a substantial role in the Broncos running game success. This move just doesn't make much sense looking at it from his point of view.

This sucks for the Chargers. Although they do tend fare very well against him for some reason.

I was so excited by the Broncos being stuck with Tebow going forward. I was really counting on him crippling that franchise.

I think the 49ers were a better team fit wise but I'm sure the ego's of Harbaugh and Manning would fry that team in turmoil so Manning took the second best choice along with Manning being more familiar with the AFC. If Tebows fools gold is strong the Bronco's will be selling him when his value is at its highest and should be able to get a good player or two to help Manning and the Broncos.

I think the 49ers were a better team fit wise but I'm sure the ego's of Harbaugh and Manning would fry that team in turmoil so Manning took the second best choice along with Manning being more familiar with the AFC. If Tebows fools gold is strong the Bronco's will be selling him when his value is at its highest and should be able to get a good player or two to help Manning and the Broncos.

Someone will take a flyer on him as a PR gimmick (Hello, Buffalo!), but I doubt anyone is giving up anything good to acquire him. All he brings to the table is a headache long-term because the super-fanatical Tebow-Fanboys (and there are A LOT of 'em) are always going to want him to be the starter as soon as the current QB struggles unless you have a HOF caliber QB it's a nightmare scenario. Well, except for merchandising - that's the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.