Many 8 pm games at the Dome | Syracusefan.com

Many 8 pm games at the Dome

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Also away games. On the one hand, it will be helpful for people who have to work and travel and will give them more time to get to the game. On the other hand, it will be a late night for many people who go to work in the morning.

What do people think? I don’t like it, but I can live with it because (1) retired, and (2) live 3 miles from the Dome. So my thoughts are irrelevant!

Also away games. On the one hand, it will be helpful for people who have to work and travel and will give them more time to get to the game. On the other hand, it will be a late night for many people who go to work in the morning.

What do people think? I don’t like it, but I can live with it because (1) retired, and (2) live 3 miles from the Dome. So my thoughts are irrelevant!

Going to be a bit tougher with a 90 minute drive home afterwards. Old guys like me struggle staying awake until midnight. On the other hand helps with pregame festivities! I'm ambivalent.

As someone who lives over two hours away, I love it. I won't feel rushed at all to get to those games. As long as the weather is fine for travel, I am all in.

More difficult for families who have kids or use young babysitters to attend. I used to work in Oswego, live in Liverpool and rushed to make the games for decades which was a pain but I relished getting home at a decent hour to have time enough to eat some, have enough sleep for the next day, plan for the kid's upcoming day well before midnight.

While SU games will always take precedence, of course, I prefer the traditional 7 & 9 timeslots because it flows with most of the other games that night. 8:00 means missing large parts of the 2nd half of early games and 1st half of late games. But that’s me...trying to watch 4 or 5 games a night.

More difficult for families who have kids or use young babysitters to attend. I used to work in Oswego, live in Liverpool and rushed to make the games for decades which was a pain but I relished getting home at a decent hour to have time enough to eat some, have enough sleep for the next day, plan for the kid's upcoming day well before midnight.
I agree with that. I'm coming for the Duke game and hopefully a few days earlier the Louisville game. My kid will be 5 and 1 and going to an 8pm game in the dome will be a challenge. Being on the west coast the difference between 4pm and 5pm isn't huge.

Being on the west coast now, 8PM is nice, would prefer 830 so I have time to get to the bar after work but it's much better than 730 (which is 430 here).

This is going to be a fun season to watch, would suck to have something like work get in the way of watching this team.

A line on a birthday card: you know you're getting when burning the midnight oil ends at 9 pm.

Got together with an old friend of mine a couple months ago. Told him I wanted to throw back the clock, go out and celebrate till the bars closed. Just needed to find a bar that closed at 8:30.

1 hr: 45 min drive from the Dome, so attending an evening game means getting hotel room. I can do it, but not cnvenient.

1 hr: 45 min drive from the Dome, so attending an evening game means getting hotel room. I can do it, but not cnvenient.

I have some long time season ticket holders from Geneseo who sit next to us who I always admired for making games during all kinds of weather. I hope that extra hour doesn't kill it for them - I know in very bad weather they said they still usually made it back home by midnight - not anymore for 8pm games.

As someone who lives over two hours away, I love it. I won't feel rushed at all to get to those games. As long as the weather is fine for travel, I am all in.

The drive home, if you choose to make it, will be rough though. We were thinking of going to the Bonaventure game, and we still may, but it's just easier when it's not 7 - 9 pm. Or maybe we will make a night of it.

Being on the west coast now, 8PM is nice, would prefer 830 so I have time to get to the bar after work but it's much better than 730 (which is 430 here).

This is going to be a fun season to watch, would suck to have something like work get in the way of watching this team.

Wait, didn't you move back to Syr last year? Now you're back out west? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

I like it. I work until 5:30 on an early night, so it was always a crunch to grab a bite, have a couple beers and get to the Dome on time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom