many reasons why flash shouldnt be at qb this year | Syracusefan.com

many reasons why flash shouldnt be at qb this year

kcsu

Living Legend
First of all Nassib is the better qb and gives us the best chance to win.
Nassib and Flash are both playmakers so lets keep two of them on the field cant do that if Flash is at QB
No grasp of the O
Next year who knows. If Hunt is the player everyone says i would go with him at QB and Keep Flash in his current multiple role

Nassib and Flash are both playmakers so lets keep two of them on the field cant do that if Flash is at QB
No grasp of the O
Next year who knows. If Hunt is the player everyone says i would go with him at QB and Keep Flash in his current multiple role

Agree for the most part. I don't know about "no grasp". But obviously he is going to be behind a 5th year senior significantly. I bet he has the best grasp of the zone read part of the offense though.

Just from what I've heard through the grapevine. Staff loves what Broyld can do in open spaces, however there is serious doubt that he will ever be able to throw the ball well enough to play QB at the college level.

Just from what I've heard through the grapevine. Staff loves what Broyld can do in open spaces, however there is serious doubt that he will ever be able to throw the ball well enough to play QB at the college level.

this ^^^^^^^^^^^

But can he throw it better than Pat White?

It's great if you can get an Andrew Luck but most programs can't so they tailor the offense to the Pat Whites of the world. I'm hoping that's what Marrone is planning to do. Of course if Broyld can't throw at all then he's not going to be a QB anywhere but Army/Navy

Handing the QB position to a true Freshman is like handing the car keys to your 12-year old. They may be good drivers in the future, but right now it's an accident waiting to happen.

It's great if you can get an Andrew Luck but most programs can't so they tailor the offense to the Pat Whites of the world. I'm hoping that's what Marrone is planning to do. Of course if Broyld can't throw at all then he's not going to be a QB anywhere but Army/Navy
if he can throw like pat white he would start from day one next year. based on what others have posted here I wouldnt hold my breath

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

He isn't Pat White and I don't see Steve Slaton on the roster either, both guys had not good speed but ridiculous speed. Those guys made Rich Rod, Broyld is going to be good but lets not get carried away here

No grasp of the O
How is it your know these things... like "Nassib is the better qb" and "No grasp of the O" ? How did you gain this in-depth knowledge? Are you allowed in practices? I am not and I've never seen them play in practice and I know they've (Hunt & Broyld) never played a game.

Handing the QB position to a true Freshman is like handing the car keys to your 12-year old. They may be good drivers in the future, but right now it's an accident waiting to happen.

Is it any worse than having a senior citizen behind the wheel?

Our version of Pat White is Terrell Hunt. Hunt has good feet, but has a ridic arm.

as I've mentioned, this is one of the reasons why schools didn't recruit Ashton very hard. He was adamant about being a QB. If he was open to being a LB, he would have had double digit offers. He could play LB for most teams in college football.

Our version of Pat White is Terrell Hunt. Hunt has good feet, but has a ridic arm.

Hunt is a great athlete, but we can't forget that SU was the only school to offer him. People need to temper their expectations with Terrell being the answer in 2013 at QB. He has never faced D-1 competition and played in one of the worst football leagues in the nation in the PSAL. I'd also question his decision making based on his recent off the field trouble.

That being said, he is a great athlete so he will see the field one way or another. Whether he's a QB or not, remains to be seen.

Hunt is a great athlete, but we can't forget that SU was the only school to offer him. People need to temper their expectations with Terrell being the answer in 2013 at QB. He has never faced D-1 competition and played in one of the worst football leagues in the nation in the PSAL. I'd also question his decision making based on his recent off the field trouble.

That being said, he is a great athlete so he will see the field one way or another. Whether he's a QB or not, remains to be seen.

The issue is, people on the board are saying Broyld won't be a D1 qb, and that Hunt might not be the answer in 2013 either. If not them, who is going to be qb a year from now when we go to the ACC? It's a scary thought. Someone has to get some reps this year or we won't win more than 2 or 3 games in 2013.

Tell that to Andy Dalton when he was at TCU. Granted we have no one, non-freshman included, who comes close to Andy Dalton.

The issue is, people on the board are saying Broyld won't be a D1 qb, and that Hunt might not be the answer in 2013 either. If not them, who is going to be qb a year from now when we go to the ACC? It's a scary thought. Someone has to get some reps this year or we won't win more than 2 or 3 games in 2013.

No doubt. To be honest, it won't surprise me if we start hearing about a JUCO QB or two in the near future. HCDM can't be oblivious to the QB situation. I think they may need to go JUCO to find someone for '13. Hard for me to say that considering I am not a fan of JUCO recruiting. Just my opinion.

Hunt played CHSAA. That being said, it's not great football. CTK's program itself is more recent than not. Hoops and baseball school.

I don't know, I have to see something on the field.

Reports were that Loeb was ridiculously good looking. Check. No idea what this means in terms of his ability as a QB.

Reports were that the staff was high on Kinder. Now? Pfft.

Reports were that the staff was high on Hunt. Now? Well, we still don't know what happens under the lights, and he made a bad decision and lost a bunch of practice time.

Reports are the staff is high on Broyld as a playmaker. What does that mean about his potential as a QB?

We really don't know what we have at QB beyond Nassib. At the end of the day it is what it is.

Like I've said before, and now I will say it again. Hunt will be the starting QB next year. There is no sense in putting Broyld there when he excels at other positions and Hunt is a much better passer than him. The role Broyld is filling this year is the role that he will fill for the rest of his time here.

Hunt played CHSAA. That being said, it's not great football. CTK's program itself is more recent than not. Hoops and baseball school.

you are right. we always just called nyc football the PSAL. its not very different in the CHSAA even though the CHSAA has produced a few more kids than the PSAL over the years.

AB shouldn't be playing over a senior QB who has played well at times or his two favorite, senior wideouts (get well Alec). They should all be on the field together at once. This is easy, folks.

How is it your know these things... like "Nassib is the better qb" and "No grasp of the O" ? How did you gain this in-depth knowledge? Are you allowed in practices? I am not and I've never seen them play in practice and I know they've (Hunt & Broyld) never played a game.
There isnt one poster on this board that would argue that Nassib is our best QB. As to his grasp of the O you are correct that is pure speculation on my part. Still i doubt that he understands the O to the level that Nassib or the other QB do. I have seen Hunt in practice and he looks good to me the only time i have seen Broyld was this last weekend at the spring game.

There isnt one poster on this board that would argue that Nassib is our best QB.
There's at least one.
Millhouse.JPG

you are right. we always just called nyc football the PSAL. its not very different in the CHSAA even though the CHSAA has produced a few more kids than the PSAL over the years.

stand for Pretty Shitty Athletic League?

Explain what you mean by "ridic" arm.

Does that mean he has a bad arm, or inaccurate arm or does it mean that he has a great arm?

I don't get it.