Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion

We don’t want to play BC first over Wake give SU the Noles winning.

we cant play bc as they with a win finish 10 or 11, with a loss there 12

Anything not to play BC on Tuesday (cant believe I just typed that)

upload_2018-3-3_16-24-51.png

Good results so far. Notre Dame beating Virginia would possibly bring the injury factor into play to give them a favourable decision.

And no need having the risk of Loyola as an at-large. They need to win the MVC tomorrow to remove that risk.

View attachment 124099

Good results so far. Notre Dame beating Virginia would possibly bring the injury factor into play to give them a favourable decision.

And no need having the risk of Loyola as an at-large. They need to win the MVC tomorrow to remove that risk.
in your estimation, what would ND have to do in the acct to get an at-large?

upload_2018-3-3_16-28-4.png

Here is that outside scare. Oklahoma St has been ignored because of the ugly RPI. But the RPI is deceiving. If they wi this they can be viewed as our equal.

Worrying because Kansas has little to play for today.

View attachment 124100

Here is that outside scare. Oklahoma St has been ignored because of the ugly RPI. But the RPI is deceiving. If they wi this they can be viewed as our equal.

Worrying because Kansas has little to play for today.

they could be in the mix for a 1 seed

in your estimation, what would ND have to do in the acct to get an at-large?

With Colson back they managed to beat Pitt, so that proves nothing really. I think two quality wins puts them in the heart of the discussion.

we cant play bc as they with a win finish 10 or 11, with a loss there 12
BC losing gave Syracuse 10 seed if BC won Syracuse would have been 11.
It was good for Syracuse that BC lost.

We get Pitt on Tuesday.
Winner of Duke-UNC will be the 2 seed.

how come?
Doesn't matter now but Syracuse would have avoided Duke/UNC until the semifinals. Now we have to face one of them in the quarters (if we get that far).

So two wins is the best we can hope for now considering how badly we match up against them this season.

We get Pitt on Tuesday.

Thought Wake?

upload_2018-3-3_16-31-33.png

Alabama almost pulled it off, but couldn't.
Stanford needs to hold on.
Looks like Marquette is keeping pace with us.

We get Pitt on Tuesday.

try again nd has tiebreaker on us for 10 seed if they lose, were locked as 11 seed, bc is 12, GT is 13, wake is 14, pitt is 15

I would love it if Seth Davis was right but I just can't see it. beating Pitt almost does no good for us at all. We need an upset in the 2nd round. That should do it.

Doesn't matter now but Syracuse would have avoided Duke/UNC until the semifinals. Now we have to face one of them in the quarters (if we get that far).

So two wins is the best we can hope for now considering how badly we match up against them this season.
gotcha, would agree

try again nd has tiebreaker on us for 10 seed if they lose, were locked as 11 seed, bc is 12, GT is 13, wake is 14, pitt is 15
That is better as if Duke wins as I expect I wouldn’t want to be in Duke’s QF.

I would love it if Seth Davis was right but I just can't see it. beating Pitt almost does no good for us at all. We need an upset in the 2nd round. That should do it.
what does Pitt have to do with it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom