Marching to the Varsity from the Carrier Dome with the band!!! | Syracusefan.com

Marching to the Varsity from the Carrier Dome with the band!!!

Fun stuff. Not exactly in tune, but so what.

As for the dome, shared experience for the faithful.

As for the faithless, ......

Fun stuff. Not exactly in tune, but so what.

As for the dome, shared experience for the faithful.

As for the faithless, ......
It's not that they're out of tune. No instrumental section plays the actual melody we hear from a distance - the different parts harmonize to produce it. If you're standing right in front of the band as it marches by, you'll hear the different sections (flutes, clarinets, saxes, tubas etc.) and the different parts of the score they're playing.

Great stuff Eyes!

Did the team flip the Varsity banner?

Great stuff Eyes!

Did the team flip the Varsity banner?
All4SU reported that when he went by the Varsity it was closed, he looked inside and saw that the banner was indeed turned upside down.

They let the band do it; I assume the folks at the Varsity thought it was getting late (it was - and the pizza and grill were shut down, so they weren't doing any business) and the team might be slow to arrive. The band played 4 or 5 songs, a girl flipped the banner, they played Down the Field and everyone shuffled out around 12:15.

Even without the team, still great fun.

scaled.php

That was cool, we were walking along that, I'll have to watch the video later see if I'm on TV, sort of.

I've probably mentioned this a million times but what's one more, I really like that the team stands in front of the band for the Alma Mater after the game. That's what it's all about.

That was cool, we were walking along that, I'll have to watch the video later see if I'm on TV, sort of.

I've probably mentioned this a million times but what's one more, I really like that the team stands in front of the band for the Alma Mater after the game. That's what it's all about.

That was an awesome addition by Marrone. All of this year's freshmen know it now too, so we've gotten some serious fan interaction going on with the Alma Mater as well now.

That was an awesome addition by Marrone. All of this year's freshmen know it now too, so we've gotten some serious fan interaction going on with the Alma Mater as well now.

Yep, forgot it was great pre-game when the students all swayed back and forth and sung the Alma Mater, loudly. Good work.

Coach apparently went to one day of band camp to show his appreciation for the band. I was very impressed to see the entire band forming two circles (seniors on the inside) at the end of band camp and singing the alma mater.

Cool stuff. Still upset I wasn't there, but this brings it closer to home.

Coach apparently went to one day of band camp to show his appreciation for the band. I was very impressed to see the entire band forming two circles (seniors on the inside) at the end of band camp and singing the alma mater.

Coach Marrone has come to all three band camps that he has been head coach for. Also, the marching band has been going down to Varsity and flipping the banner for home victories for quite some time.

Coach Marrone has come to all three band camps that he has been head coach for. Also, the marching band has been going down to Varsity and flipping the banner for home victories for quite some time.
So who is with me? As a former SUMB member, I think it's about time the university sprung for some new uniforms. The SUMB sounded great in the background during the Floyd Little interview at halftime.

Maybe its time for a campaign for new uniforms.

These new uniforms at Kentucky cost $470 each

Details of the UK Capital Campaign for uniforms is here.

I'm certainly no major donor, but if the university can't come up with the funds for this, why not a grass roots campaign of former SUMB members and "friends of the band?"

By my estimates, 200 uniforms would be $94,000. Throw is money for few new tubas (sousaphones) for Tomcat and a nice round $100,000 would need to be raised? I think it can and should happen.

I would be in for the first $470. Who's with me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom