Marcus Sales and Phillip Thomas... | Syracusefan.com

Marcus Sales and Phillip Thomas...

OrangeCrush22

All American
On ANY other team in the country, they still would of had playing time. That one kid on LSU, who returns punts, got busted for drugs. He was suspended for ONE game. Against Auburn who is bad this year. Their star running back was suspended for one game also.

If we want to win, Marrone has to get off of his moral crusade.

I dont want to win then. At some point you have to decide as a person what is more important. I dont ever want Nick Saban or John Calapari coaching my team.

On ANY other team in the country, they still would of had playing time. That one kid on LSU, who returns punts, got busted for drugs. He was suspended for ONE game. Against Auburn who is bad this year. Their star running back was suspended for one game also.

No thanks. Go find yourself an SEC team to root for.

On ANY other team in the country, they still would of had playing time.
Is the decision solely the head coach's at Syracuse?

It's good to see that we have arrived at saying we should go lightly on our criminals, heck it's what Joe and Jane are doing down the street.

Is the decision solely the head coach's at Syracuse?

It's good to see that we have arrived at saying we should go lightly on our criminals, heck it's what Joe and Jane are doing down the street.

Every other team goes lightly on their "criminals". I see no reason why we can't either.

Here's a better approach... Recruit a ton better so two kids screwing up don't ing annihilate our talent level? How's about that?

The LSU kid who was suspended one game ... was it his first offense, or was he a multiple offender?

But when criminal charges are involved at SU they need to go before the judiciary board to be reinstated...which seems to only take place AFTER criminal charges are final, happened with Carter last year...that is the problem when you are dealing with a school with some standards

Karma has a way of catching up to you. That goes both ways.

Every other team goes lightly on their "criminals". I see no reason why we can't either.

There's a difference between allowing criminals to play, which is what they do in the SEC, and us kicking kids off the team for missing curfew. I agree that criminal behavior should not be tolerated, but we seem to have a much higher standard than that, like we are a military academy. Bobby Knight could get away with that stuff 20 or 30 years ago, but times have changed. There are no Vince Lombardi's in college sports anymore, for the most part.

There's a difference between allowing criminals to play, which is what they do in the SEC, and us kicking kids off the team for missing curfew. I agree that criminal behavior should not be tolerated, but we seem to have a much higher standard than that, like we are a military academy. Bobby Knight could get away with that stuff 20 or 30 years ago, but times have changed. There are no Vince Lombardi's in college sports anymore, for the most part.

You dont have to go all the way to the SEC...look what Paterno has been doing for years and years..

You dont have to go all the way to the SEC...look what Paterno has been doing for years and years..

Turning the other way while his favorite assistant was assaulting children?

Or sweeping every misdoing by his players under the rug because anyone who challenged that would be out of a job the next day.

Then I have no problem being the first to start. I was raised in a neighborhood much like many of these young men. My life is comparable to theirs in many ways. The one thing I must say is that my father was a great mentor to not just myself and my brother but many of the young black, asian, and hispanic boys that grew up in my neighborhood. The one constant that they had was the strictness but fairness that he used. When I go back home and catch up with many of them they are beyond greatful for what my father did for them. It shows in their person, their family life, and in the community. All from seeds my father lovingly and tenderly planted 20 + years ago in young "down trodden" poor urban kids. Looks at this world, I am glad there is one person who is willing to "not win at all costs".

That being said, I know for a fact that DM gives people multiple chances and possibly beyond multiple chances.

Turning the other way while his favorite assistant was assaulting children?

Or sweeping every misdoing by his players under the rug because anyone who challenged that would be out of a job the next day.

I meant the second one...:)

And not just misdoings but arrests, etc. with very little or no punishment from the university.

As far as standards, all I want is a team of legitimate college students who are mature enough to act in the best interest of the school and the team. I think that's all that Doug requires, too.

I'd really need to know how strict Doug really is before I formed an opinion on this one. I know it gets a lot of play here, but do we know specifically if this is what's happening with some of our recent issues?

Seems to me that each of these players is being told when they are recruited that this is how Marrone runs things. So to come here and not follow the rules and then be suspended seems like it's more on the player than on the rules. Unless Marrone is telling them one thing to get them here and then forcing unexpected rules once they've enrolled. But I doubt that's the case.

Again, I know for a fact that DM gives multiple chances and is very clear on how he runs his program when he recruits. There are no smoke and mirrors when it comes to DM. If he feels like he needs to keep something in program he clearly states so, if he needs to discuss something he truthfully states the facts.

He truly does loves his university, the community, the players, and the fans. It will way very heavy on him if he cannot turn this ship around.

If he can or can't that is what we just have to wait and see. He stated himself he will step down if he thinks he cannot (which I think he would). Also, unlike past AD's, DG is not afraid to make some moves.

Finally, least we forget, DM was a cocky loud mouth prima donna who had many run ins with his coach. Guess who won and look how it turned out.

LSU kid failed school test. I believe Thomas failed a NCAA test. Diff rules.

It all comes down to depth. With 100 or so college kids on the roster odds are some will get into scrapes each year. Football players are seldom choir boys, Tim Tebow being the exception. You just have to hope enough players do not get caught or do not take part in the shananigans that go for a life style on most campuses with a ton of college kids.

I'd rather have a coach who gets discipline on and off the field. It's very hard to describe a team that lost yesterday because of 6 turnovers and 1o penalties for 100 yards as disciplined.

I didn't travel for a game because I had lingering Friday night alcohol breath the next morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom