Marcus Sales signs with Atlanta Falcons | Syracusefan.com

Marcus Sales signs with Atlanta Falcons

Dang.

I was actually planning to visit Falcons' training camp yesterday.

Dang.

I was actually planning to visit Falcons' training camp yesterday.

You might have seen McDonald too...

George McDonald@CoachGMcDonald 23 Jul
#cusenation life can't get any better spending next 7 days with the Atlanta Falcons can't wait to share this with CUSE players

Wish I'd seen this earlier.

Glad to see Marcus is getting a chance.

He might be a very nice fit for this offense.

They have two burners, so a possession guy might be a nice compliment. I actually think Alec Lemon would've been a nicer fit.

They have two burners, so a possession guy might be a nice compliment. I actually think Alec Lemon would've been a nicer fit.

I'd love to see the SU games and just watch Sales and see if he was open and Nassib didn't see him...Lemon or someone else was option one or he had a hard time getting any separation once he got more attention. I agree with you that both guys would be a nice fit there.

I'd love to see the SU games and just watch Sales and see if he was open and Nassib didn't see him...Lemon or someone else was option one of he had a hard time getting any separation once he got more attention. I agree with you that both guys would be a nice fit there.

I think Lemon will have a long NFL career. Kid has great hands, runs great routes and is a gamer.

I think Lemon will be a long NFL career. Kid has great hands, runs great routes and is a gamer.

Hopefully he'll find a team that will take advantage of his skills, I forgot...who drafted or signed him again?

Was it Houston?

Yep...number 17! I'm going to have to learn how to multi task like these youngsters do because my brain went blank doing a couple of things at the same time! Thanks.

Lemon_Alec.jpg

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster/Alec-Lemon/ff8c79c3-80f0-4ee1-9c08-ec4a0830a906

Some observations from Training camp thus far:

PDS@PatDStat 1h
UDFA Risers in camp so far. Dennis Johnson, W. Jefferson, Alec Lemon, Andy Cruse, and A.J. Bouye #Texans

James Palmer@JPalmerCSN 3h
Alec Lemon with play of the day. One handed catch in end zone over Roc from Yates. Lemon keeps impressing. #catcheseverything

PDS@PatDStat 26 Jul
Rookie WR Alec Lemon made a big impression today. Had two impressive catches against tight coverage. #Texans

- Rookie wide receiver Alec Lemon has just been steady as a player out on the field. Lemon runs great routes and has impressed the staff with his consistency on the field.

416220_t607.JPG

Another UDFA that has been fun to watch is former Syracuse WR Alec Lemon. It's easy to see why he was undrafted - he can't get true separation, but then again, it's easy to see why he was Ryan Nassib's go-to guy last year - he can catch a BB in the dark. He's made at least three highlight reel catches the last three days, but the problem is that he's having to do that because he can't run from DBs.

51f6422b00635.image.jpg

From today's report:

- Rookie wide receiver Alec Lemon keeps impressing, today he made an impressive one-handed catch in the corner of the endzone on a well placed ball from T.J. Yates. This has been two strong days for Lemon in full pads.