marek and buddy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

marek and buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a $100 bill and the DVR of him sitting for about 14 seconds in the 1st half if ya waana take the bet. Infact I commented to the wife that this was the 1st game since I began watching cuse( since 76 when I was 10 BTW ) that I can recall all five starters out before 5 minutes gone in the 1st half.
I think, based on the post he was replying to, that he meant to say 'was', not 'wasn't'.

Edit: Oops - dasher beat me to it.

I got a $100 bill and the DVR of him sitting for about 14 seconds in the 1st half if ya waana take the bet. Infact I commented to the wife that this was the 1st game since I began watching cuse( since 76 when I was 10 BTW ) that I can recall all five starters out before 5 minutes gone in the 1st half.
Buddy was subbed out and put right back in after Goodine missed the layup

Bad shooting nights happen especially when you feel forced or have good defense on you. But the lazy turnovers were killer. And marek has to be stronger going up. He’s clearly undersized in terms of weight but he’s completely overcompensating by so aggressively looking for contact. It led to offensive fouls and travels tonight.
Yes yes! Overcompensating and aggressively seeking contact. Well put! It seems he is trying to go around but ends up going through, then he fouls and falls down. He used to have finesse. It would be good for him to get back to that.

Your definition of a bunny is much different from mine. MD very rarely has an easy 2 footer or dunk - he doesn't get open offensive rebounds and interior passing is pretty much non-existent at Syracuse. Most of the time he is driving in on 1, 2, or sometimes 3 defenders and has to take a shot 3, 4, or 5 feet from the basket.

Marek has missed a bunch of bunnies the last two games. I agree. If either plays well tonight we win

Great to see you back. When we won 5 in a row, I bought a bottle of milk and you were on the cover. Board isn't the same without your positive feedback
don't play your bench you pay the price.

He literally made the pass to Goodine who was in for Girard.
Your right buddy came in for joe after his missed shot and joe came back in after Goodine missed layup.

I mean Buddy is 6’6” and averages 2 rebounds per game. Girard is what barely 6 feet tall and averages 3 rebounds per game.

He’s had more than 2 boards in a game only twice in 2020.

I think from the top of the zone, it’s a quickness and sticking your nose in there thing moreso than a height thing. Girard is quicker to the ball and more hard nosed going after it.

Frankly I don’t think Buddy averaging 2 rebounds instead of 3 has had any type of effect on us winning or losing a game. It’s just a talking point when he plays bad and we lose.

That said, he’s slow so it’s always going to hurt us a bit in the loose balls and long rebounds category. Oh well. Lots of guys who sucked, were decent at getting loose balls. It’s a trade off that I’ll take.

if they have just ok games we win. they were both god awful. we still had a chance the last 2 minutes but we couldnt even get shots off cuz of their turnovers. and the 1 bunny marek got he missed, which felt like the 10th layup he missed tonite.
And why did we stop feeding the ball to Quincy in the high or low post and let him go to work? That worked great and then we stopped doing it the last 6 minutes and Joe just dribbled the ball around like a maniac. Bad offense for 5-6 minutes. That’s why we lost a game we could and should have won.

I think from the top of the zone, it’s a quickness and sticking your nose in there thing moreso than a height thing. Girard is quicker to the ball and more hard nosed going after it.

Frankly I don’t think Buddy averaging 2 rebounds instead of 3 has had any type of effect on us winning or losing a game. It’s just a talking point when he plays bad and we lose.

That said, he’s slow so it’s always going to hurt us a bit in the loose balls and long rebounds category. Oh well. Lots of guys who sucked, were decent at getting loose balls. It’s a trade off that I’ll take.

Yeah and our guards have typically never really rebounded. Buddy is averaging about the same amount of boards as Battle did per 40 minutes his career here.

Yeah and our guards have typically never really rebounded. Buddy is averaging about the same amount of boards as Battle did per 40 minutes his career here.

Yup. I was scrolling through some previous seasons stats last night out of curiosity because of this thread. Cooney never cracked 3 rpg.

Buddy also led in steals and assists.

He has one bad shooting night and the agenda guys get their knives out and proves their "why's he playing?" takes.

he had a bunch of turnovers, including a couple awful passes in crunch time.

He has one bad shooting night and the agenda guys get their knives out and proves their "why's he playing?" takes.
I’ll always live with off shooting nights and overall down games. They happen to almost everyone. Some really poor turnovers last night were critical though. Which, also happen. But when the margin for error is small everything is magnified.

I’ll always live with off shooting nights and overall down games. They happen to almost everyone. Some really poor turnovers last night were critical though. Which, also happen. But when the margin for error is small everything is magnified.
Buddy just can’t handle the ball a whole lot . He had to do it a lot last night and struggled.

If Marek comes back and Eli leaves, we will really struggle with ball handling because I assume Q will start.

I think there's a difference between the why is he playing takes and the why is he playing 40 minutes every game takes since if he's not making threes he doesn't always bring a lot to the table.

The differences between mediocre teams, good teams, and great teams often isn't that much - especially in basketball. But in Syracuse, there's been five years of bubble teams, and this one is being cheered because it improved to a bubble team, and the big point of optimism is that a top-20 freshman probably plays for Syracuse in 2022.
But the worst thing in the world is that people don't think the coach's son should play 40 minutes per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom