marek and buddy | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

marek and buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why did we stop feeding the ball to Quincy in the high or low post and let him go to work? That worked great and then we stopped doing it the last 6 minutes and Joe just dribbled the ball around like a maniac. Bad offense for 5-6 minutes. That’s why we lost a game we could and should have won.

To be honest I didn’t even notice him in those last few minutes but JB said that Quincy was exhausted not used to playing all those minutes. Cure - sub him in more - we have 2 inside players who are really foul prone so the minutes should be there.

It sure seemed like JB wanted the ball in those last few minutes to be in JG or MD’s hands on offense. I can understand JG because of his free throw prowess and 3 point shot possibilities but MD is an opportunistic scorer and a better facilitator than a pure scorer. MD needs to drive go to all the way to the basket to score which defenses are prepared to defend - sure wish he developed a pull up jumper.

MD needs to drive go to all the way to the basket to score which defenses are prepared to defend - sure wish he developed a pull up jumper.

And, without Hughes on the floor, there was less space available to Dolomite to drive...

I think JB could have tried a smaller line up too to get some players a minute or two of rest.NC State went small due to fouls and survived.

Buddy also led in steals and assists.

He has one bad shooting night and the agenda guys get their knives out and proves their "why's he playing?" takes.

Nobody ever asks why he plays! Everyone frames the debate this way (Oh, Buddy is D2, huh? Oh, Buddy shouldn't play, huh?) so you can fake more outrage. It's lazy.

Last night's game thread was weird. People were getting so upset when Buddy was getting criticized like he is some sacred cow who can't be called out. That is absurd.
Anyone who doesn't realize what an asset he is and how much he has improved is a complete idiot. Who on this board predicted that Buddy would be fifth in the ACC in scoring as a sophomore? Not this genius. But the idea that he is above criticism is ridiculous. He killed us last night. He is defense was awful (especially on closeouts which is the worst part of his game) but not as bad as his shot selection. I don't mind if he goes 1-12 as long as they are good shots. Plus his mental game was lacking. He didn't take care of the ball, especially down the stretch. His short hop pass to Jesse was mind-blowingly bad. You watch the way he goes for loose balls and rebounds compared to JG3 and it is night and day. You don't have to be a top athlete to sell out for 50/50 balls.
The overall point remains. You can be a huge Buddy fan, as I am, and still call him out for poor play. To his credit he holds himself accountable and to high standards and there is no reason why we can't as well.

Last night's game thread was weird. People were getting so upset when Buddy was getting criticized like he is some sacred cow who can't be called out. That is absurd.
Anyone who doesn't realize what an asset he is and how much he has improved is a complete idiot. Who on this board predicted that Buddy would be fifth in the ACC in scoring as a sophomore? Not this genius. But the idea that he is above criticism is ridiculous. He killed us last night. He is defense was awful (especially on closeouts which is the worst part of his game) but not as bad as his shot selection. I don't mind if he goes 1-12 as long as they are good shots. Plus his mental game was lacking. He didn't take care of the ball, especially down the stretch. His short hop pass to Jesse was mind-blowingly bad. You watch the way he goes for loose balls and rebounds compared to JG3 and it is night and day. You don't have to be a top athlete to sell out for 50/50 balls.
The overall point remains. You can be a huge Buddy fan, as I am, and still call him out for poor play. To his credit he holds himself accountable and to high standards and there is no reason why we can't as well.
I agree with all of that. I'll just add that when criticizing, we should keep in mind that these are kids who are what they are, giving their best. It's also not their fault if we have no one better or if JB chooses to play them. Some people criticize like the player did what they did just to piss the fan off.

Great to see you back. When we won 5 in a row, I bought a bottle of milk and you were on the cover. Board isn't the same without your positive feedback
Dude. Why can’t you just debate The Ideas instead of starting personal ****?
And I can remember a bunch of game threads with no dasher until your drive-bys at the tail end.
Just sayin.

anybody who still believes you can play full forty every game and not tire is two years past retirement.
I sorta agree. But the definition of “tire” might be the sticking point with JB.
I believe the kids can go 40 without falling down in exhaustion. I also believe they can play with greater efficiency if given rest. But you have to weigh whether that +efficiency is valuable vs the drop off with the sub.

Dude. Why can’t you just debate The Ideas instead of starting personal ****?
And I can remember a bunch of game threads with no dasher until your drive-bys at the tail end.
Just sayin.
I can and I do. I find it funny when some posters don't post here after wins. Namely, this guy. As for me and the game thread, I dvr the game starting at 8 for a 7 o clock game. I fly through commercials and the half time. Only way to watch a game for me now. That answer that question for you, Dude? And win, lose or draw, I have been a Syracuse fan for 50 years. Find me a time when I have disappeared from the board because they were winning or losing, dude. Although, after seeing the game thread lately, I am strongly considering just going on the private boards I am on.

Last edited:
I can and I do. I find it funny when some posters don't post here after wins. Namely, this guy. As for me and the game thread, I dvr the game starting at 8 for a 7 o clock game. I fly through commercials and the half time. Only way to watch a game for me now. That answer that question for you, Dude? And win, lose or draw, I have been a Syracuse fan for 50 years. Find me a time when I have disappeared from the board because they were winning or losing, dude. Although, after seeing the game thread lately, I am strongly considering just going on the private boards I am on.

noooooooooooooooo

You misunderstand. No one is accusing you of not being a fan. And that's kinda the point. It's not your place or business to accuse anyone else of it either.

Simple common sense: if we beat a lame team by a point, the amount I personally have to say about it is minimal, compared to if we lose to that same team, or beat a good team. Expecting the same output of meaningful dialog, when people also are trying not to temper the enthusiasm of people who need to get all sanctimonious and 'peppy' about "maintaining the >.500 streak," etc... well, that's kinda silly.

Either way—you're again calling out People instead of ideas/thoughts. And it's not so often when that's actually contributing value.

noooooooooooooooo
I don't want to make a decision while last night is fresh. But it was just too much last night. I remember the board during a Alaska shootout tournament. We all had so much fun. So many of those posters have left the board. For the same reason I am looking at it. I like and respect so many here. No one is looking for polyanna posts. But the we suck stuff just gets so old. I think the board is about our love for Syracuse hoop and football. Not just to beat up on kids that are 10x better at sports than we will ever be.

You misunderstand. No one is accusing you of not being a fan. And that's kinda the point. It's not your place or business to accuse anyone else of it either.

Simple common sense: if we beat a lame team by a point, the amount I personally have to say about it is minimal, compared to if we lose to that same team, or beat a good team. Expecting the same output of meaningful dialog, when people also are trying not to temper the enthusiasm of people who need to get all sanctimonious and 'peppy' about "maintaining the >.500 streak," etc... well, that's kinda silly.

Either way—you're again calling out People instead of ideas/thoughts. And it's not so often when that's actually contributing value.
First, I will decide , not you, what I think my place is. I'm calling out, until last night, one poster. And what I am calling him out for is disappearing every time we win. I did it in what i consider a tame way. An attempt at a bit of humor. You have made a much bigger deal of it than it merited, in my opinion. And what I am calling him out on is ideas, The idea that he isn't happy when we win.

I don't want to make a decision while last night is fresh. But it was just too much last night. I remember the board during a Alaska shootout tournament. We all had so much fun. So many of those posters have left the board. For the same reason I am looking at it. I like and respect so many here. No one is looking for polyanna posts. But the we suck stuff just gets so old. I think the board is about our love for Syracuse hoop and football. Not just to beat up on kids that are 10x better at sports than we will ever be.

I get it, but for the most part the same posters who criticize players now excessively were the same posters who criticized the players excessively when we won 25 plus games a year...it’s not going to matter our record or who we beat. It’s still going to happen. As for your opinion on Tbone I’ve been saying the same thing you have for years and never really received any pushback on calling him out. I know a few others feel the same.

I get it, but for the most part the same posters who criticize players now excessively were the same posters who criticized the players excessively when we won 25 plus games a year...it’s not going to matter our record or who we beat. It’s still going to happen. As for your opinion on Tbone I’ve been saying the same thing you have for years and never really received any pushback on calling him out. I know a few others feel the same.
Well, Zelda must have thought my milk bottle line was a bridge too far.

First, I will decide , not you, what I think my place is. I'm calling out, until last night, one poster. And what I am calling him out for is disappearing every time we win. I did it in what i consider a tame way. An attempt at a bit of humor. You have made a much bigger deal of it than it merited, in my opinion. And what I am calling him out on is ideas, The idea that he isn't happy when we win.
You decide what your place is. You decide who's a real fan or not. You decide how often people need to post. You decide someone isn't happy when we win... That's a lot of arrogant, self-aggrandizing BS. And a beyond moronic bit of psychoanalysis. But, hey—you do you.

And no, it wasn't about a "milk bottle" line. It's not about one post or one thread... at all.

You decide what your place is. You decide who's a real fan or not. You decide how often people need to post. You decide someone isn't happy when we win... That's a lot of arrogant, self-aggrandizing BS. And a beyond moronic bit of psychoanalysis. But, hey—you do you.

And no, it wasn't about a "milk bottle" line. It's not about one post or one thread... at all.
I just read some of your posts. Not impressed. up to today, I have never noticed you before. Oh by the way, people seem to agree with me. Just went and looked at that post and it has 12 likes. people other than you, know that guys act. But knock yourself out. Oh, and I do decide what my place is. I do decide who a real fan is. I do decide by the way some people post whether they are happy when we win. You, are free to disagree. Just as you are free to decide who is a realistic fan and who is a polyanna. By the way, your last post was one of a spoiled little brat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors