marek putback... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

marek putback...

The original shot was real close to being after the 30-second clock expired.

It wasn't that close. He shot with about 2 seconds. Hell it hit the rim and I think it still said 1 on the clock. It was STUPID to stop the game

Love the enthusiasm from him and Matt when they make a big play. I am mildly concerned one of them will punch an opposing player during their put-back celebrations.

Matt especially is such a spaz. And I mean that in the best way possible. Love when he does well.

It wasn't that close. He shot with about 2 seconds. Hell it hit the rim and I think it still said 1 on the clock. It was STUPID to stop the game
I'm sure they did it for their own amusement.

Well they weren't doing it because they were good at their jobs at that moment
I haven't heard many complaints about the official's today. I thought they ruined the game with their foul calls. It started to remind me of the tournament game against Ohio State. They weren't allowed to play defense.

I feel bad for him. This is his first head coaching job. I have a friend who is a high school coach in southern California and knows him well and told me he is a great guy and a good coach. We talked about it right before the season started and he was hoping he would do well but felt like the situation made that almost impossible.

Oh for sure. I think they really miss that Donovan Mitchell. He was explosive and locked people down in any defense. That Snider (who gained a bunch of weight, IMO) and the other guards aren’t the same kinds of usual UL we are accustomed to seeing. Their bigs clean up a lot of issues even though stastically they are a pretty good defensive team.

I think anybody who honestly takes the goggles off and evaluates last year’s offense... Was that offense really that good? Not really. That’s kind of how I feel about the UL defense. I mean they gave up 90 to a Kentucky team who can’t really shoot and rebound. Gave up 75 to Miami. 74 to UVA.

I haven't heard many complaints about the official's today. I thought they ruined the game with their foul calls. It started to remind me of the tournament game against Ohio State. They weren't allowed to play defense.

I don't normally try to bag on the refs but the 2 times at the end of the game that they stopped the clock was driving me nuts

I don't normally try to bag on the refs but the 2 times at the end of the game that they stopped the clock was driving me nuts

It is to our advantage. More stoppages, the more rest for our guys. As long as they don't blow the call on re-play, any stoppage is advantage Cuse.

All in all I thought the refs did a pretty good job, especially since I think more of their mistakes were in our favor than not. There were a couple of non-calls on probable fouls that would have really hurt us if called correctly.

It is to our advantage. More stoppages, the more rest for our guys. As long as they don't blow the call on re-play, any stoppage is advantage Cuse.

All in all I thought the refs did a pretty good job, especially since I think more of their mistakes were in our favor than not. There were a couple of non-calls on probable fouls that would have really hurt us if called correctly.

It allowed Lville to get set on our in bounds pass on the second.

They missed some blatant calls both ways last night

I hope the league's ref supervisor makes them answer for why they needed to stop the flow of the game twice down the stretch.

They called a lot of fouls but nothing like the Ohio St game. Southerland fouled out in 11 mins. Waiters fouled out in 20 mins. Rak had 4 fouls in 16 mins.

Think about Southerland fouling out in 11 mins. Have to figure that we had the ball half that time, so in 5.5 minutes if playing defense, he got called for 5 fouls. Almost impossible

Ohio St shot 42 fts. 42. To this day, the worst officiated game I've ever seen.

They called a lot of fouls but nothing like the Ohio St game. Southerland fouled out in 11 mins. Waiters fouled out in 20 mins. Rak had 4 fouls in 16 mins.

Think about Southerland fouling out in 11 mins. Have to figure that we had the ball half that time, so in 5.5 minutes if playing defense, he got called for 5 fouls. Almost impossible

Miraculously, their guy (name is escaping me) played the entire 2nd half without picking one up.

I often roll my eyes when practically everybody watches games with such blatant orange colored glasses when it comes to officiating. That Ohio State is one of the few games I complain about

Miraculously, their guy (name is escaping me) played the entire 2nd half without picking one up.

Sullinger. We got him in foul trouble in the first half, then he never got another one.
And without Fab's beef in the middle, we had no answer for him in the 2nd half.

Yeah, Southy fouling out is the real head-scratcher.
He's a perimeter player, who doesn't drive almost ever (so no O fouls), and we play a zone D.

Meanwhile, Aaron FLARKING Craft (his actual middle name is "handcheck") didn't foul anybody.

Moyer did a great job sealing the ville guy under the basket on the putback
From my viewpoint, it looked like Marek gave Moyer a little push in the back to help that sealing of the Louisville player.

Sullinger. We got him in foul trouble in the first half, then he never got another one.
And without Fab's beef in the middle, we had no answer for him in the 2nd half.

Yeah, Southy fouling out is the real head-scratcher.
He's a perimeter player, who doesn't drive almost ever (so no O fouls), and we play a zone D.

Meanwhile, Aaron FLARKING Craft (his actual middle name is "handcheck") didn't foul anybody.
In fairness, Craft did foul out but he played 39 mins. We shot 25 fts, they shot 42. No game should ever have 67 fts. Talk about killing the flow of the game

was the icer. great games by ty and frank. good job by oshae making treys and hanging in there w four fouls for 8 minutes.

much better ball movement overall.

Marek and Oshae with teh ball screen opens up the offense and ball movement BIG TIME.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom