Marek | Syracusefan.com

Marek

It’s tough to play him if you need scoring. He’s a liability in other areas also even though he has some IQ and he does move the ball.

Either it is the scheme allowing it or the players are what they are. Bad passers except for Frank. Nobody looks to move the ball. They all have to get the ball and do their globetrotter-dribbling exhibition/auditions, waste time, then pass it off for someone to repeat said maneuvers, or they will take a bad shot. They are completely incapable of moving the ball crisply and we’ve seen this for awhile now.

Last edited:
We’ll see him more at the 5 I predict
I agree with this. And it will hurt on the defensive end a bit. He’s good but so damn skinny. Sidibe gives us absolutely nothing in my opinion.

He makes our guys better. Yeah he could shoot more and maybe he will but he is clearly our best passer and rebounder.

Feels like he was huge during our tourney run and now can't even play?

Needs to play more. He was was the only playe passing, moving without the ball. Rest of the team is selfish, no passing.
He is the only person who looks to the post while frank’s out.

However, Marek is still killing us by not taking up open looks. He’s much better than he’s showing

I agree with this. And it will hurt on the defensive end a bit. He’s good but so damn skinny. Sidibe gives us absolutely nothing in my opinion.
Sid looks like acenter with bad knees

4zn7rtt8mql8423i6toma3h2b.png

pine flavor.

For what it's worth, Marek's field goal percentage (86%) is almost triple Oshae's (32%).

If everybody on the team passed and played with the IQ of Marek, we’d be a great offensive team.

Likewise, if Marek could do something off the dribble the way a few others can and create for himself and others we’d be a much better offensive team.

Kind of a conundrum at this point.

Also, I’m wondering how much potential Marek has as a 3 point shooter. The few he has taken in exhibitions and real games have looked quite good and he’s made a good % from out there it seems.

Is he capable of shooting 35-40% from out there with a lot of attempts?

Also, I’m wondering how much potential Marek has as a 3 point shooter. The few he has taken in exhibitions and real games have looked quite good and he’s made a good % from out there it seems.

Is he capable of shooting 35-40% from out there with a lot of attempts?
not too many attempts, though. think junior year cj fair, who only shot a three when there was no defender in hailing distance & subsequently shot 47%. next year he tried more contested attempts & his average plummeted

I’m not entirely dismissing the notion of ‘Marek’s BBall IQ,’ but isn’t part of it the byproduct of his offensive limitations? The other guys believe in their driving and shooting, so they’re less inclined to think as Playmaker/Facilitator. Marek thinks of offense as a last resort, so he’s looking to do ‘those other things.’

Either way, we need him to do that, but better. We need his tourney blend of unexpected offense plus D. And he has to play stronger...

I’m disappointed that Marek didn’t gain more weight in the offseason. He’s still scrawny as a bean pole.

I’m disappointed that Marek didn’t gain more weight in the offseason. He’s still scrawny as a bean pole.
Same is true for all of our bigs.

Feels like he was huge during our tourney run and now can't even play?

Huge if you mean helping out to be able to score more than 50. He’s a nice role/bench player. Nobody should be counting on Dolezaj for more than he truly is capable of...which is a little of this, a little of that, stressing the little part.

Last edited:
Marek is a good player but as someone else pointed out above he exacerbates the issues were currently having. He isn't a scorer and while he hasn't gotten a littel bit better in actually taking shots he still passes up good looks way to often. Also he has been a foul machine to the start the season. He comes in and 3 minutes later he has 2 fouls. Its also asking a lot of him to play the 5 with his frame, he doesn't have the bulk to guard some of these big centers.

I like him and think he is part of what we need to fix things. We need ball movement on offense. He is the only guy out there who looks to move the ball. I noticed in the UConn game, everytime one of our players received a pass, they were surprised. Passing is 0.0% of our offense and you just can't win that way.

As much as he's not a Center he brings more than out two true big men at this point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom