Marinara presser | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marinara presser

It's not
after thinking about it for a minute and hearing Marinara emphasis how the league is in a position to do something unique, i can see them having a 2 division football league 1 west/midwest and 1 east. Maybe something like below. It would make up for the distance.

West
SMU, Houston, Air Force, Boise St, UNLV, Lville or Cinci

East
WVU, Uconn, Rutgers, Central Fla, USF, Lville or Cinci
Something like this would take some time to establish. If this is their plan I can see why they would want to keep us and Pitt on a string for 2 more years just to maintain an 8 team League and keep the BCS bid. In the meantime, other current Big East FB members have to be looking at options and will jump as soon as they can, the longer it goes without some sort of formal expansion plan in place. The best thing going for us is our 27 month clock is already ticking and we gain advantage over the others from that perspective if they eventually end up leaving.

marinara.jpg

He really is starting to piss me off. I hope SU and Pitt students chant A-C-C every game that is on TV this year and every year we are stuck in the BE to embarrass that buffoon. Also when we have a game on ESPN we need a sign saying

Hey Big East...

Emancipate
Syracuse &
Pitt
Now!!!!!!

Marinatto is in no hurry and neither is Air Force. The Big East is back to where it feels most comfortable: Reacting. Pete Thamel tweets about this and other BE press conference nuggets:
https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteThamelNYT

Does the Big East really have a choice? The schools know they can't make a move until the pieces fall.

What is Marrinato supposed to do, hold athletic directors at gunpoint?

Well, in fairness. They are sitting at the table. But they don't have any chips.

Something like this would take some time to establish. If this is their plan I can see why they would want to keep us and Pitt on a string for 2 more years just to maintain an 8 team League and keep the BCS bid.

I can understand keeping SU and Pitt around for FB until our replacements can join. However what is the point in keeping SU and Pitt for BBall in 2012-13 and 2013-14? The BE has 14 BBall teams without us. They don't need us or replacements.

He really is starting to piss me off. I hope SU and Pitt students chant A-C-C every game that is on TV this year and every year we are stuck in the BE to embarrass that buffoon. Also when we have a game on ESPN we need a sign saying

Hey Big East...

Emancipate
Syracuse &
Pitt
Now!!!!!!

I can understand keeping SU and Pitt around for FB until our replacements can join. However what is the point in keeping SU and Pitt for BBall in 2012-13 and 2013-14? The BE has 14 BBall teams without us. They don't need us or replacements.

We signed the contract.

Why would they keep both schools that long when they have TV contracts to negotiate? The ESPN BBall contract ends after this upcoming season. So having SU and Pitt play BBall in 2012-13 and 2013-14 makes little sense. CBS BBall ends after 2013 as well. ESPN FB ends after 2013. Shouldn't the BE want SU and Pitt out so they have a completed product to sell?
Which data would you rather have available when you negotiate TV contracts:
  • Actual figures from the BE with all of the new teams?
or
  • Actual figures from the BE with SU/Pitt held hostage (and maybe some or all of the new teams), along with your accountants projections on how those numbers could vary after SU & Pitt leave?

The BE is being petty & spiteful, no surprise there. What the genuises in Providence have never figured out is, the IMAGE of the conference suffers by these reactive, emotional manuevers, like lawsuits & such.
Who wants to join a conference where the leadership is always a day late & dollar short, PLUS vindictive to boot?
Pitt & SU have always maintained their willingness to abide by the 27-month rule- so, no worries, we'll be gone soon enough.:cool:

He is a complete disaster and has been since the day he became commish. I have no idea why he hasnt been fired. Total boob and has completely and totally wrecked any chance of survival. Thanks be to the ACC

seems like other smaller conf should be doing the raise exit fee thing now. leagues need money, teams want to move.

It just may take that long to get everything in order with so many other schools having to get out of their current commitments.

Hey Big East...

Emancipate
Syracuse &
Pitt
Now!!!!!!

We are better than this.

Which data would you rather have available when you negotiate TV contracts:
  • Actual figures from the BE with all of the new teams?
or

• Actual figures from the BE with SU/Pitt held hostage (and maybe some or all of the new teams), along with your accountants projections on how those numbers could vary after SU & Pitt leave?

If you are the BE then the second one, because IMO there would be a huge drop replacing SU and Pitt with SMU, HOU, and UCF. It is better to fudge numbers to make that drop off look less than it is. So actual data would be bad. My point is that the BE will be using the second method if they let SU and Pitt go after the 2011-12 season. They need to negotiate the BBall contract prior to the 2012-13 season. So why can't they let Pitt and SU go? ESPN or NBC knows that we are gone anyway. There is no advantage to keeping us around in BBall.

...everyone, save $5mm and get out now...now I say before Air Force or Navy says yes

Right, it's impossible for a news organization to file a false report. We've never seen that before.

Let's see, who do I believe...Marinara or the Houston Chronicle? That's a tough one...