Mario Tull | Syracusefan.com

Mario Tull

PhatOrange

Living Legend
quick question / observation.

I noted on the pregrame report Saturday that a walk-on RB was listed 3rd on the depth chart behind Bailey and Smith. What has happened with Mario Tull - does anybody know if he's on the team or will still be on the team come January?

quick question / observation.

I noted on the pregrame report Saturday that a walk-on RB was listed 3rd on the depth chart behind Bailey and Smith. What has happened with Mario Tull - does anybody know if he's on the team or will still be on the team come January?

I could see Tull, Fleming, and Coker leaving.

Purely a depth chart review.

I could see Tull, Fleming, and Coker leaving.

Coker is a regular on special teams, I believe both kick off and kick return, and I think he stays.

It's really too bad Flemming played last year - he should've only been a redshirt frosh this season and now already enters his junior year. Unless the switch goes on in a hurry he's done. (I'd still really like to know why Kobena shoved him the way he did in that USF game)

Tull is flat out MIA.

I don't believe Tull has even seen the field this season on ST's.

I don't think that Tull played in any games this year so hopefully this counts as his redshirt year. If he could put some weight on maybe he could contribute in a FB/H-back role or in one back sets on passing downs. He showed good hands in his HS film.

Coker doesn't seem to be in the plans at LB but he gets some time on specials. He played RB in HS so maybe he gets a look at FB. If he could put some weight on maybe he could earn a Brandon Sharpe type role at DE in the next few years.

Coker doesn't seem to be in the plans at LB but he gets some time on specials. He played RB in HS so maybe he gets a look at FB. If he could put some weight on maybe he could earn a Brandon Sharpe type role at DE in the next few years.

The fact that Tull doesn't get in on specials is telling - though maybe they made the decision to redshirt him - we don't know.

Coker, tough to tell if he's in the linebacker plans. He's the backup MLB and the starter never got hurt, so we don't know. Someone has to be the backup and when you're backing up a sophomore at MLB, you're not going to get on the field unless there's an injury.

Coker is a regular on special teams, I believe both kick off and kick return, and I think he stays.

It's really too bad Flemming played last year - he should've only been a redshirt frosh this season and now already enters his junior year. Unless the switch goes on in a hurry he's done. (I'd still really like to know why Kobena shoved him the way he did in that USF game)

Tull is flat out MIA.

I think Tull is in the special wing of the depth chart once reserved for Shane Kimmel.

Flemming could use 2011 as a redshirt, right? I don't think he saw the field. Strange, because the reports from preseason practice was that he was looking pretty good at times.

Or they don't redshirt Tull, and he takes his degree in 4 years.

I think Tull is in the special wing of the depth chart once reserved for Shane Kimmel.

Flemming could use 2011 as a redshirt, right? I don't think he saw the field. Strange, because the reports from preseason practice was that he was looking pretty good at times.

Flemming played on ST's.

Flemming played on ST's.

Ok. Didn't know that. So 2 years of eligibility in the books, and one pass interference call against Rutgers to show for it. So maybe he moves on, if the rest of the depth chart is passing him by. But that play against Rutgers was a big one, without it we would be staring at our 7th straight bowl free season.

Even if Flemming and Tull didn't play on STs, I don't think you want to RS them when they haven't even appeared close to getting playing time.

Even if Flemming and Tull didn't play on STs, I don't think you want to RS them when they haven't even appeared close to getting playing time.
Definitely the MO for Marrone. If the staff thinks you can contribute eventually, you may get a redshirt - in fact I believe he has said that explicitly. Guys who aren't total screw-ups, but who are not likely to contribute, will be expected to take their degree in 4 years and move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom